GDT: Gm 79: Boston Bruins @ Minnesota Wild | 4/8/14 | 8P ET | NESN+ | 98.5 FM

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
Who cares?? Really? The B's locked up 1st in the conference. Nothing game....

Nothing game, maybe. But there's certainly a trend of letting in end-of-period goals. And if you have the opportunity to lock up home ice throughout...why not just do it and close the door?

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Oh well.It is hard to have any complaints when the Bruins have the best record in the entire league.Three meaningless games left,I could care less if we finish 1st overall,let St.Louis take it for all I care.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
And Caron the only player a -2.

If he shows up in the line up during play offs we are probably in trouble.

Maybe not quite Trent Whitfield trouble but pretty darn close.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
I actually think our players are protesting the damn thing in their own way...because we have some many good goal scorers who just look so hapless in the damn shootout.

Do they practice it? I assume they do.

Marchand isn't a good choice b/c of his reach one vs one, but sometimes he picks the corner or 5-hole.

Eriksson has some absolute beauties on youtube. Has that deceptive reach which gives you options 1 vs 1.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
I'd rather have guaranteed home ice whoever and whenever we play. There is such a thing as momentum too you know.

I agree...the so called prestige of finishing first means nothing to me...it's having home ice all the way through...we still will probably win but wrap,it up early Claude...

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Highlight of the game was the Minnesota DJ playing 'Spin the black circle'

Otherwise, who cares. Although I would like to see Smith get his swagger back. Almost seems like he's depressed

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Nothing game, maybe. But there's certainly a trend of letting in end-of-period goals. And if you have the opportunity to lock up home ice throughout...why not just do it and close the door?

Because having healthy players is the #1 Most Important Factor in the playoffs.

Krejci, Iginla and Miller all could have played tonight. Chara could have played 30 minutes. For what? So they Bruins will have home ice for an opponent they MAY face in the SCF? Who, BTW, lost tonight?

member 96824

2011 proved otherwise. Momentum? I just don't want anyone getting hurt.

14 of the last 18 SC winners had home ice.

I get that we won in 2011 in a game 7 on the road, in a building we hadn't won in yet....but what exactly are you trying to argue? You don't want guaranteed home ice?

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
maybe it did show it then and i've just drank too much

was pretty sure he didn't score

Absolutely couldn't tell on the first showing. Even on the replay it mostly looked like it bounced off the crossbar because it bounced out so fast.

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
I agree...the so called prestige of finishing first means nothing to me...it's having home ice all the way through...we still will probably win but wrap,it up early Claude...

Exactly. They could've essentially wrapped it up tonight. (Would've just needed 1 point in the last three games, I think). Then rest everyone if you want.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Bad habits/trending downwards heading to the playoffs are absurdly overrated by some fans. Game to game momentum doesn't exist nearly as much as fans like to think, especially when you're playing bad because you have nothing to play for. Playoffs start and you do have something to play for that switch is not hard to switch back on.

member 96824

Because having healthy players is the #1 Most Important Factor in the playoffs.

Krejci, Iginla and Miller all could have played tonight. Chara could have played 30 minutes. For what? So they Bruins will have home ice for an opponent they MAY face in the SCF? Who, BTW, lost tonight?

Lets not pretend that giving up goals late in the period is a new thing. It's been a weird trend all season for the B's.

I highly doubt they said 'welp...we've played 59 of these minutes, lets take the foot off the pedal to make sure we stay healthy"

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Oh well.It is hard to have any complaints when the Bruins have the best record in the entire league.Three meaningless games left,I could care less if we finish 1st overall,let St.Louis take it for all I care.

I'd rather have home ice no matter who we play, could care less a/b the actual trophy.

What bothers me is you add up all the games they've lost late, we'd of already clinched it by now.

Whatever, Chara wanted an EN for some reason, and it arguably cost us a point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad