Post-Game Talk: GM 7 | Habs def. Canucks - 5-2 (Pettersson, Hoglander)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
It's obvious to me that Pettersson and Hughes are just trying to do too much on their own. Maybe they're feeling the pressure of the loss of so many key leaders in the off-season; or the fact that they know in their hearts that there really isn't anyone else in the lineup that can get it done right now.

But this is the point where some of the veteran players, who are the highest paid guys on the team, should be able to step up. But of course they can't. Most of them have underachieved since the day Benning signed them to bloated contracts. Heck, their highest paid forward can't even get off the taxi squad right now.

So the 'age gap thing' is doing in the Canucks right now......some great young players who are squeezing the sticks; and aging veterans who have to be weeded out and replaced before this team will ever be competitive.
They got rid of the two best guys in the locker room.

Let that sink in.

EVERYONE in the Canucks locker room respected and looked up to T&M.

Literally everyone.

And how the hell could you not?

T&M were the last line of the defense for this sorry sack of f***ing horse shit team.

And it is painfully clear that the decision to let T&M (and Leivo) walk to Calgary was made outside of the locker room by f***ing morons playing fantasy hockey with the Canucks.

These f***ing morons feel absolutely zero kin-ship with the Vancouver Canucks franchise and this zero kin-ship is reflected in the attitudes and emotions displayed by every single employee that has left this organization in the last 10 years. I'm not going to list any of them because I'm sure everyone remembers how these organization treated Chiggs in his last season. Or how they shipped Kass out. Or or or or or or or or ad infinitum.....

These f***ing morons don't watch any Canucks hockey nor do they actually know the make up of our team and what works and what doesn't and more importantly... why?

These f***ing morons don't give a shit about our heritage or past beyond what they can use to milk the fans with.

These f***ing morons duped Trevor.

These f***ing morons f***ed up Jake and Jared.

These f***ing morons are f***ing up EP40 and QH43 something seriously. If we fans think it's bleak right now, imagine what's going through the player's heads. :( :( :(

These f***ing morons don't know the details. The details that you only know if you are actually a fan of the team and care about the team.

These f***ing morons hired Andrew Walker to gaslight Canuck nation.

I dunno what else to say except..

We got rats in our front office. Gnawing, cheese-eating f***ing rats.

Nov 1, 2011
Can you afford to pay Tyler Myers 6M over 5 years?
Can you afford to pay Loui Eriksson 6M over 6 years?
Can you afford to pay Jay Beagle 3M over 4 years?
Can you afford to pay Antoine Roussel 3M over 4 years?
Can you afford to pay Brandon Sutter 4.375M over 5 years?

These are questions that have already been answered.

So.... if we already know the answer to these questions... is it not logical that we know the answer to YOUR question?

Or .... do you want to take a wait-and-see approach?

Wow, you realize decided to unload.

Why do you feel the need to bring all that up when all I'm talking about is the Markstrom deal?

I guess if this is a simple logic question, so none of the Myers, Eriksson, Beagle, Roussel, and Sutter contract have any affect on how I feel about Markstrom's contract.

I hate all 5 of the contracts you mentioned and yet I don't think I would have given Markstrom his because he had a reoccurring groin injury that I believe will affect his ability through the contract. You notice, that has nothing to do with the other contracts?

The funny thing is, you decided to unload on me, I believe, because you think I'm a Benning supporter. I am not a Benning supporter but you are a crazy person who needs to bring up a whole lot of unrelated crap when all I said is I wouldn't have signed Markstrom to the contract he got.

Further to that, I think our team got "lucky" last season ended and we made the play in round otherwise we would have been a lottery team last year and are worse this year.

So 1) your logic doesn't work and 2) I think your attitude is toxic.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Wow, you realize decided to unload.

Why do you feel the need to bring all that up when all I'm talking about is the Markstrom deal?

I guess if this is a simple logic question, so none of the Myers, Eriksson, Beagle, Roussel, and Sutter contract have any affect on how I feel about Markstrom's contract.

I hate all 5 of the contracts you mentioned and yet I don't think I would have given Markstrom his because he had a reoccurring groin injury that I believe will affect his ability through the contract. You notice, that has nothing to do with the other contracts?

The funny thing is, you decided to unload on me, I believe, because you think I'm a Benning supporter. I am not a Benning supporter but you are a crazy person who needs to bring up a whole lot of unrelated crap when all I said is I wouldn't have signed Markstrom to the contract he got.

Further to that, I think our team got "lucky" last season ended and we made the play in round otherwise we would have been a lottery team last year and are worse this year.

So 1) your logic doesn't work and 2) I think your attitude is toxic.
dS8ZEQj.png

Concur with #2.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
@mathonwy

Not to mention, Toffoli was close with Pearson and Horvat probably loved having another skilled forward in the top six instead of Loui f***ing eriksson.

Stecher was close with.. idk... everyone?

The only one I don’t know about is Leivo. But even if he wasn’t a popular guy, he was good. And he was cheap.

SAD!

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
@mathonwy

Not to mention, Toffoli was close with Pearson and Horvat probably loved having another skilled forward in the top six instead of Loui f***ing eriksson.

Stecher was close with.. idk... everyone?

The only one I don’t know about is Leivo. But even if he wasn’t a popular guy, he was good. And he was cheap.

SAD!
And you think Loui likes being a turd?

Nobody likes being a turd.

Not really.

But whoever signed him played fantasy hockey and here we are.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Or you know, the natural progression of a young goalie based on his career to date, on top of that.

So you really think it was silly to think Demko might continue to grow as a young player. What he was as of April 2020 is all he'll ever be.

It's just as stupid to read into the 3 games Demko's played this season as it is to read into the 3 games he played vs Vegas.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC

Let that sink in.

Literally everyone.

T&M were the last line of the defense for this sorry sack of f***ing horse shit team.

And it is painfully clear that the decision to let T&M (and Leivo) walk to Calgary was made outside of the locker room by f***ing morons playing fantasy hockey with the Canucks.

These f***ing morons feel absolutely zero kin-ship with the Vancouver Canucks franchise and this zero kin-ship is reflected in the attitudes and emotions displayed by every single employee that has left this organization in the last 10 years. I'm not going to list any of them because I'm sure everyone remembers how these organization treated Chiggs in his last season. Or how they shipped Kass out. Or or or or or or or or ad infinitum.....

These f***ing morons don't watch any Canucks hockey nor do they actually know the make up of our team and what works and what doesn't and more importantly... why?

These f***ing morons don't give a shit about our heritage or past beyond what they can use to milk the fans with.

These f***ing morons are f***ing up EP40 and QH43 something seriously. If we fans think it's bleak right now, imagine what's going through the player's heads. :( :( :(

These f***ing morons don't know the details. The details that you only know if you are actually a fan of the team and care about the team.

The very circumstances under which Aquaman came into ownership of the franchise was ratty. This is a bit doom and gloom for my tastes though. My blood pressure rose just reading that.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
At least Loui is mentoring the kids in the pressbox, Roussel is mentoring Jake how to take penalties, Beagle is mentoring Gaudette to an offensive black hole, and Brandon Sutter is mentoring Pettersson on how to look good while wearing skinny jeans. Okay I made up the last one, but I can't think of anything Brandon Sutter is good at doing.

Reactions: B-rock

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
At least Loui is mentoring the kids in the pressbox, Roussel is mentoring Jake how to take penalties, Beagle is mentoring Gaudette to an offensive black hole, and Brandon Sutter is mentoring Pettersson on how to look good while wearing skinny jeans. Okay I made up the last one, but I can't think of anything Brandon Sutter is good at doing.

Sutter is great at calling out other people's lack of testicles.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Benning has had seven years; and Green is into his third year. Name me another organization that would have tolerated the same level of mediocrity over that long a time? Heck, coaches and GM's that miss the post-season for two consecutive seasons end up walking the plank in a lot of places.

I have no idea if Aquilini is just too cheap to replace them....or whether he's still gun-shy from the fact that he had to pay Gillis and Torts for years after they were fired.

Whatever it is, if Canuck fans are looking for 'accountability' it starts and ends in the owner's box, where it belongs.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Benning has had seven years; and Green is into his third year. Name me another organization that would have tolerated the same level of mediocrity over that long a time? Heck, coaches and GM's that miss the post-season for two consecutive seasons end up walking the plank in a lot of places.

I have no idea if Aquilini is just too cheap to replace them....or whether he's still gun-shy from the fact that he had to pay Gillis and Torts for years after they were fired.

Whatever it is, if Canuck fans are looking for 'accountability' it starts and ends in the owner's box, where it belongs.
CNnLEKh.png

Moderate quality is .500 hockey

.500 hockey is a dream right now.

Imagine if there were fans right now?

lulz

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
I have a feeling if we lose on Monday to Ottawa then Aquaman drops the hammer I feel. This can’t continue for him..#FireBenning is trending on Twitter and all the quotes are being pointed to him.

Team Tank, full steam ahead.

The Toffoli thing, though - it's pretty obvious it comes down from ownership though. Toffoli is willing to sign for less than Sutter - you move Jake for a marginal asset, maybe a late 2nd or 3rd rounder and buyout Sutter. Or Baertschi. It costs minimal (relative) actual dollars and the team is greatly improved.

I'm as big a critic of Benning as you can be, but even Jim Benning would have been able to do that. If not 'foundational' Sutter, than Baertschi.

I have no proof but if you read between the lines, Aqua doesn't want to waste dollars on 'nothing' so he wastes dollars on less-than-replacement level players. Meddling ownership and a yes-man GM who is actively bad at his job. Pretty awful combo.

I miss Gillis. Hell, I miss Nonis, who was also bad, but at least had integrity. Imagine if he made the Brad Richards deal with the Lightning in 2008 - would have saved his job but doomed the Canucks. Kesler, Edler and Schneider for Richards.

I echo what numerous posters have said: this organization needs to be cleaned from the top down and staffed with people that have a backbone and integrity. Probably never going to happen until Aqua sells.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
fans should just go straight to rogers arena and protest. with masks on of course. everyone is pissed and rightfully so.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
So dumping the the MVP Vezina nominee goalie was actually a bad idea? Who would've thought? Now all the glaring mistakes and bad hockey are visible for anyone to see. With Markström in net, the team would probably be close to the 50% range.

Apparently Demko isn't ready to shoulder this team. Who would've thought? Well, a ton - and I mean a ton - of posters in here were sure he would be. Wishful thinking deluxe?

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
This team is so frustrating to watch right now. It honestly seems like each line is coached differently. One line is puck pressure, one line is clog up the neutral zone and the next line is balls out offense and forecheck. It honestly feels like this team has no direction and the players on each line are doing what they think is best to try to win. No direction and no control from the coaching staff.

I actually like coach Green but I think he is in water too deep for him. He needs to be an assistant coach under a head coach with rock solid systems at the NHL level and then come back to try again.

Reactions: Iron Mike Sharpe

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation

Let that sink in.

Literally everyone.

4520178.jpg

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm
I'm going to be positive.

With Petey and Hughes causing most of the goals against this has an easy fix. They just need to get going and the whole team will look totally revamped. Why are they falling all the time?

Nov 1, 2011
...on the plus side, the Canucks are an easy pick to go over 6 every game.

It's free money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad