Post-Game Talk: GM 7 | Habs def. Canucks - 5-2 (Pettersson, Hoglander)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
This team is so frustrating to watch right now. It honestly seems like each line is coached differently. One line is puck pressure, one line is clog up the neutral zone and the next line is balls out offense and forecheck. It honestly feels like this team has no direction and the players on each line are doing what they think is best to try to win. No direction and no control from the coaching staff.

I actually like coach Green but I think he is in water too deep for him. He needs to be an assistant coach under a head coach with rock solid systems at the NHL level and then come back to try again.

Unless you're at every practice and in the room, we have no idea what the coaches are telling them to do...Green could have the blueprints of those most genius masterplan ever created by a coach for all we know.

Rene Saari

May 30, 2016
Does anyone have video link what happened between Evans and Pearson?
Or tell what happened between them?
(don’t understand why did they receive 10 pims each)
Thanx beforehand.

Nov 1, 2011
As soon as I throw down a dime, they'll be losing 1-0, 2-0, 2-1...

Then don't, I'm okay with making $50-100 a game and seeing us end up with 1st OA.

Really not sure how we're giving up so many grade A chances. The personnel are bad but not as bad as the results.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Then don't, I'm okay with making $50-100 a game and seeing us end up with 1st OA.

Really not sure how we're giving up so many grade A chances. The personnel are bad but not as bad as the results.
I agree with this. Our play this year has fallen off a cliff: PK is a horror show, SV% is garbage, defensive play is '17-'18-level bad and we can't even sustain a forecheck.

I suspect that it's a combination of losing Marky and Tanev and Green's stubborn refusal to coach differently to compensate for their absence. But who knows, maybe there's locker room drama we're not privy to.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
It's what happens in toxic authoritarian organizations.

NkQzClY.gif
You know the other side of the debate has nothing to offer when they call you toxic. So predictable:

But Gillis!

Wait and see!

Who could have known!

Hindsight is 20/20!

You are toxic!

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Team needs to win all 3 vs Ott to stand a hope in hell of turning this thing around.

even then, they are currently the 2nd worst team in the division and could conceivably be worst as Ott has been playing reasonably well compared to how most expected them to play.

Reactions: Luckylarry

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
They got rid of the two best guys in the locker room.

Let that sink in.

EVERYONE in the Canucks locker room respected and looked up to T&M.

Literally everyone.

And how the hell could you not?

T&M were the last line of the defense for this sorry sack of f***ing horse shit team.

And it is painfully clear that the decision to let T&M (and Leivo) walk to Calgary was made outside of the locker room by f***ing morons playing fantasy hockey with the Canucks.

These f***ing morons feel absolutely zero kin-ship with the Vancouver Canucks franchise and this zero kin-ship is reflected in the attitudes and emotions displayed by every single employee that has left this organization in the last 10 years. I'm not going to list any of them because I'm sure everyone remembers how these organization treated Chiggs in his last season. Or how they shipped Kass out. Or or or or or or or or ad infinitum.....

These f***ing morons don't watch any Canucks hockey nor do they actually know the make up of our team and what works and what doesn't and more importantly... why?

These f***ing morons don't give a shit about our heritage or past beyond what they can use to milk the fans with.

These f***ing morons duped Trevor.

These f***ing morons f***ed up Jake and Jared.

These f***ing morons are f***ing up EP40 and QH43 something seriously. If we fans think it's bleak right now, imagine what's going through the player's heads. :( :( :(

These f***ing morons don't know the details. The details that you only know if you are actually a fan of the team and care about the team.

These f***ing morons hired Andrew Walker to gaslight Canuck nation.

I dunno what else to say except..

We got rats in our front office. Gnawing, cheese-eating f***ing rats.
Over-reaction much?

Reactions: sting101

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Team needs to win all 3 vs Ott to stand a hope in hell of turning this thing around.

even then, they are currently the 2nd worst team in the division and could conceivably be worst as Ott has been playing reasonably well compared to how most expected them to play.
Looking at the stat line up a couple posts, and we are the worst team, not only in our division, but in the entire league. Benning, in the coming draft, just might get us another top five (or higher) pick. If Aquilini has any sense Benning/Brod will NOT be the guys making that selection though.

Reactions: B-rock

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
I think there’s a chemistry issue as well as a personnel issue.Our two best players are both off to shaky starts and part of it is that they both lost key support people.QH especially is finding it hard to adjust as he needs the right kind of defensive partner to be successful at this stage of his career and Tanev was the perfect fit.So far he’s had Hamonic who was never a finesse player and has declined hard and hadn’t played in a year and was awful and now Myers who has never been good defensively s and is inconsistent and erratic.Edler is a poor option as he’s old and slowing down big time.We’re badly needing defensive defencemen and have very little in the pipeline and no cap space and no expendable assets.It’s gonna be a long short season.

As for Petey,something seems off in his world.I recall him asking management to retain Toffoli and management somehow manages to lose him along with Markstrom,Tanev,and Stetcher.I think he’s missing a couple of his best friends from last season and likely feels betrayed or ignored by management. On top of that,he starts the year without Miller and instead has to try to work with Aimless Jake milling around somewhere out on the wing.The guy has no hockey IQ whatsoever and can’t play with or against any kind of elite players.Frankly,we should have jettisoned Jake for whatever pick or prospect we could get and kept any one of Tanev,Toffoli or Stetcher.

Hell,for what we’re paying Aimless Jake,we could still have Stetcher and Leivo and be way further ahead but Benning just keeps doubling down on his mistakes and here we are.Maybe he could dangle some picks and try and trade for one of those two,either one would be a nice addition about now.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Over-reaction much?
Are you happy with this pile of shit team?

Cuz I’m the opposite.

I’m a mushroom laying motherf***er motherf***er. Every time Jimbo f***s up our salary cap and this organization mistreats our players I’m superfly t&t.

Toxic authoritative organizations USE and ABUSE their employees. They live in secrecy and opaqueness. They control the narrative. They love monopolies and detest regulation and accountability.

See the T**** administration.

The Aquilinis f***ed up by buying the Canucks because buying the Canucks means accountability to stakeholders that know way the f*** more than they do about the running a sports team and that includes rivalries that predate these assholes ownership of this team.

Canucks history matters and disrespecting Trevor, the Sedins, Gillis and now QH43 and EP40 is not acceptable.

And f*** any talk about giving risky contracts to m&t. You can’t just open up your wallets to trash players and then choose to clam up when it comes to paying off legitimately good players.

f*** that and f*** whomever is making these anti-Canuck decisions.

Players comes first. They bleed and play the awesome game of hockey for our entertainment.

f*** the Aquilinis personal selfish political fantasy hockey bullshit.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Who thought the Canucks were taking a step forward this year? Honestly, if the Canucks are going to suck this season, then so be it. Season’s wack, anyways.

The casuals, the ownership, the management, the media. All expectations were ratcheted up due to the first glimmer of success in 5 years last year (mostly due to a pandemic creating the context for it), which might be the worst thing to happen to Jim Benning in terms of his job.

Reactions: 420Canuck

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Games played...7

Yes 7 games and likely 6 or more points behind 4 teams when they’ve played 7 games. Canucks are in the territory of needing to play 105 point pace hockey the last 49 games (82 game pace) to make the playoffs. That’s an optimistic scenario where those teams are only playing at something like a 0.564 pt% the remainder of the season....which is low.

Reactions: MS

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yes 7 games and likely 6 or more points behind 4 teams when they’ve played 7 games. Canucks are in the territory of needing to play 105 point pace hockey the last 49 games (82 game pace) to make the playoffs. That’s an optimistic scenario where those teams are only playing at something like a 0.564 pt% the remainder of the season....which is low.

You also have a hard-set only 4 teams making the playoffs from this division and all of Calgary/Montreal/Toronto/Winnipeg looking very good right now.

We've dug ourselves a hole and even if we turn things around this is going to be a tough slog.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
This team is so frustrating to watch right now. It honestly seems like each line is coached differently. One line is puck pressure, one line is clog up the neutral zone and the next line is balls out offense and forecheck. It honestly feels like this team has no direction and the players on each line are doing what they think is best to try to win. No direction and no control from the coaching staff.

I actually like coach Green but I think he is in water too deep for him. He needs to be an assistant coach under a head coach with rock solid systems at the NHL level and then come back to try again.

I agree being an NHL assistant coach would be best for Green right now. He hasn't been an assistant coach since he coached in Portland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->