Parts Unknown
Theres always a choice.

giphy.gif

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Tyler Toffoli has 1 goal in his last 13 games. He has three assists in that stretch as well.
Jeff Carter has gone 14 consecutive games without a goal. He has four assists during that stretch.

That's top six numbers on the Kings.

Toffoli on Carter's wing and both suck

Toffoli produced with Kempe when Carter was out.

Carter comes back in and instantly gets Toffoli back and then both suck.

It's not rocket science

Reactions: Schmooley and YP44

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I would expect Phaneuf to be the #7 d-man next season, he will be told that and the Kings will hope he retires, but it's unlikely.

Buyout would be before the 20-21 season

Just amazing how many awful contracts to 30+ players the Kings have had.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Tyler Toffoli has 1 goal in his last 13 games. He has three assists in that stretch as well.
Jeff Carter has gone 14 consecutive games without a goal. He has four assists during that stretch.

That's top six numbers on the Kings.

The Carter ship has sailed, the Kings aren't getting squat for him. He will be the forward version of Phaneuf for the life of his contract. All because two different GM's couldn't bring themselves to trade him.

Toffoli supposedly had some value at the deadline and Blake somehow didn't move him. This is Tyler Toffoli, the 30 goal-scorer is gone, the Kings will probably end up moving him at next years deadline for a Hagelin like return.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Carter has shown glimpses of his expected footspeed about once every 60 shifts this year. And he’s shown NHL above replacement level hands every 90-100 shifts, and only that in the past month.

I think Carter is 100% a guy who needs to play in the NIT cup tournament for Canada when the regular season is over. He needs ice time to get back in shape.

My hope is that he lights up the worlds and some desperate GM takes him off our hands with few repercussions.

Reactions: John Paul Kelly

John Paul Kelly

Grit Grinder
Mar 29, 2013
Carter has shown glimpses of his expected footspeed about once every 60 shifts this year. And he’s shown NHL above replacement level hands every 90-100 shifts, and only that in the past month.

I think Carter is 100% a guy who needs to play in the NIT cup tournament for Canada when the regular season is over. He needs ice time to get back in shape.

My hope is that he lights up the worlds and some desperate GM takes him off our hands with few repercussions.

Agree, he was playing rec hockey last night, and has been for a while...

Reactions: DoktorJeep

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
With his age and coming off that injury, I was 100% ready to cut Carter slack getting his skating back up to a competitive level. Even if that took 3/4 of the season, it’s totally within reason.

The worrying part is his shot. Carter has always had a rifle that he gets off quickly. But his shots are pedestrian at best and he can’t generate any on his own, plus he can’t make or receive a pass without turning the puck over.

Reactions: tny760

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
With his age and coming off that injury, I was 100% ready to cut Carter slack getting his skating back up to a competitive level. Even if that took 3/4 of the season, it’s totally within reason.

The worrying part is his shot. Carter has always had a rifle that he gets off quickly. But his shots are pedestrian at best and he can’t generate any on his own, plus he can’t make or receive a pass without turning the puck over.
yeah i feel like i allowed myself a big leash on him before i criticized but he's just not getting anything done nowadays

too much cute, not enough north-south

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
My hope is that Carters mobility will come back to 100% only because he's shown that speed this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad