GDT: GM#66 LA Kings vs Montreal Canadiens @7:30pm 3/5/19

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Anyone subscribe to ESPN+ ? I noticed they have nightly games. I was considering getting nhl.tv or Game Center or center ice (who knows which to get), but I think that costs a lot more and I don’t flip around between all games.

I mostly like to have a game on in the background, so for $5 a month it looks like a nice option.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Within a few short seasons King fans will be witness to the last head coaching gigs held by Sutter, Stevens and Desjardins. Terry Murray and Larry Robinson welcome you to purgatory.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
The Kings have had some serious piles of crap behind the bench in their history. But I would hazard a guess that no pile is stinkier than WD. Dude really is a fish out of water. They need to take his red stapler and move his office to the basement and change the game times on his calendar.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
The Kings have had some serious piles of crap behind the bench in their history. But I would hazard a guess that no pile is stinkier than WD. Dude really is a fish out of water. They need to take his red stapler and move his office to the basement and change the game times on his calendar.
The hilarity of it all is that he's coaching for a job, which is against the best interest of the franchise (playing the kids), so he's running guys like Kopitar, Doughty & Quick into the ground for no reason, but they don't give a f*** and are playing like shit and losing games anyway. Total shit sandwich.

Last edited:

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
The hilarity of it all is that he's coaching for a job, which is against the best interest of the franchise (playing the kids), so he's running guys like Kopitar, Doughty & Quick into the ground for no reason, but they don't give a **** and are playing like **** and losing games anyway. Total **** sandwich.

Been saying this for a while. Doughty still almost played 26 min last night. What, if he only played 20, they'd have a less of a chance to win? No, they've been losing despite the big minutes being played by 8, 11, 23. Poop sandwich is right. Completely being mismanaged. At this rate, 8-11-23 will be toast before they turn the franchise around.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
WD is a great tank coach.

This was a good game for us last night. Ottawa, Anaheim and Detroit all gained points on us.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Matt Luff, on what went through his mind after scoring:
He’s a good goalie, I mean, I knew that coming into the game. Scoring on him is pretty cool. He’s probably one of the top hockey goaltenders, but I’d trade in my goal for a win tonight, so it’s tough not to get the two points.

I like Luff's attitude.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
I didn't watch a second of last night's game, good result
I have missed a lot of games. I just follow up on twitter. My friend texted me yesterday asking if i wanted to go game and I didn't realize the kings were playing and of course I said no.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
It amazed me to see Phaneuf even mentioned with Subban, Laine, etc in the players poll of most overrated. Those other guys are still stars. Dion hasn’t been a star for like a decade.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Tyler Toffoli has 1 goal in his last 13 games. He has three assists in that stretch as well.
Jeff Carter has gone 14 games consecutive games without a goal. He has four assists during that stretch.

That's top six numbers on the Kings.

But Blake said tHeY oNlY pLaY gUys WhO gIvE iT tHeIr BeSt.

Should have passed that memo to WD too.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
But Blake said tHeY oNlY pLaY gUys WhO gIvE iT tHeIr BeSt.

Should have passed that memo to WD too.

it seems like RB and WD never talk to each other

one says something, the other executes the opposite

this situation will not be a quick turnover like the Habs did from last year to this year

this team has serious issues (and i'm not talking about the roster)

also, how the f*** did Blake add Phaneuf thinking it was a good idea.... WE can make that mistake because an active body vs Mr Glass is a no brainer

but BLAKE's job is to watch every damn Phaneuf game before making that trade

and there's only two options here...
1) either he didn't watch Phaneuf play, just went with his instinct and played armchair GM like the rest of us OR
2)he saw Phaneuf play and actually LIKED what he saw

regardless of the option, both point to the inadequacy of our GM, the Kings are in bad hands

John Paul Kelly

Grit Grinder
Mar 29, 2013
Hey now, he's an all-star, he gets his game on, and gets paid.

This play... Just awful. Walker AND the referee start skating up ice because they both know the smart play is to take the puck behind the net. When Dion inexplicably heads towards the front of Quick they are BOTH legit surprised... dear lord.

Reactions: BigKing

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Tyler Toffoli has 1 goal in his last 13 games. He has three assists in that stretch as well.
Jeff Carter has gone 14 consecutive games without a goal. He has four assists during that stretch.

That's top six numbers on the Kings.

Get rid of Carter, Toffoli, Lewis, Phaneuf.

Enter: Kupari, JAD, Grundstrom, Clague.

If can draft Hughes or Kakko, all the better and either Grundstrom or JAD starts in Ontario.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Phaneuf was an excellent player for about 8 years, was the captain of the Leafs for like 5 years and he is married to an actress. That is where I suspect the overrated thing comes from.

Even listening to the other teams broadcast they mention him quite a bit more than a #6/healthy scratch should ever be mentioned.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I challenge anyone to find a worse player in the NHL than Dion Phaneuf. A team icing Phaneuf in its lineup is pretty much playing shorthanded.

I'd say Gudbrandson gives him a run for his money but then again Phaneuf is playing bottom-pairing minutes. barf :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad