GDT: GM#66 LA Kings vs Montreal Canadiens @7:30pm 3/5/19

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
From LakingsInsider:
'Rapid Reaction"
Kings Blow Dead Apes. Questions: WD "what happened out there?"
"These are good players. They are a good group. They have pride. I liked the way the guys fought back tonight"
"Waking Up With The Kings" - The Kings Iafallo and a few others got up early, to hit some tasty waves.
Suggestion: Blake: wake up some of the Kings, by calling them at 7 AM tomorrow, telling them not to come to practice, they've been waived..."we expect you to clear waivers, so you'll be reporting to Ontario"

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Bring up Grundstrom, Rempal and Amadio. Scratch Carter, Toffoli and Iafallo. Alex not doing much of late...like 10 games of late.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Does anyone have a feeling Quenneville will get a chance to coach this team. Just keep having that feeling.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Blake said from his own mouth that he's liked what WD is doing.

If for any reason WD is extended I will not watch next season

What do you expect him to say? He's not a good coach, the entire org now knows this by the way he manages the team [ see Kovy, the lack of icetime for the kids, the pp, Quick ]. He's earned a one way ticket back to wherever they found him, in super economy!

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Does anyone have a feeling Quenneville will get a chance to coach this team. Just keep having that feeling.

Nope. At 6 mil a year, during a retool, not worth the coin. They need a young guy, hungry and can match the way the game is played now.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
65 Games. Kopitar 0 PP goals. Doughty 0 even strength goals. Collective 18 million of WTF????

And the truly scary thing is this could be the beginning of a fall. Blake has to assume going forward that neither guy is going to match what they did in 2018. You hope both rebound, and I assume they will bounce back a little but father time is undefeated.

I was ok with keeping Kopitar as someone to market the team around, I get that part of the equation. But I think they messed up not trying to trade Drew to a contender. I just really question how effective he will be when this team is ready to contend again in 2022 (I'd say), especially coming off what will be 8 seasons of no playoff success. Maybe the lower miles lets him play at a star level until he's 37 (some silver lining to these last years), who knows but man for both him and the team spending the prime years on an contender would have been great

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Colorado.gif
1 *
Jack Hughes
Ht/Wt:5'10"/160 lbs
Position:C
Team: NTDP U18 (USDP)

Detroit.gif
Kaapo Kakko
Ht/Wt:6' 2"/194 lbs
Position:RW
Team: TPS U20 (Jr A SM-Liiga)

Los-Angeles-11-pres.gif
Kirby Dach
Ht/Wt:6' 4"/185 lbs
Position:C
Team: Saskatoon (WHL)

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May this not be the future. It is so unkind. If #3 overall is destiny, take Cozens or trade down a few slots.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Minute spread was better-ish this time around but still abysmal. Kopitar only had 20 minutes, -2. Luff only had 7 minutes, 1 goal. Dmen are actually getting more minutes now and I'm not sure if he got benched after turning into the best offensive d-man in the league skating in front of our own net but Phaneuf actually had the least by several minutes.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV

I doubt it. He would have to agree to take the job... I can't imagine many experienced coaches getting in line to be another stopgap for this tire fire. WD is the perfect coach for the tank atm. I can't imagine a worst option currently.

dryz

Feb 10, 2011
Czechia
The upcoming weekend is very important for our tank. Let's hope they will find a way to lose both games.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
"Phaneuf taking the puck hard to the net and hooking up with Weal for an easy assist" sounds like it would have been a good thing

I think Phaneuf has been sort of a Lecavalier/Iginla deal for us to the extent that he really only had one last good year to give us and that was last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21Dog

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
"Phaneuf taking the puck hard to the net and hooking up with Weal for an easy assist" sounds like it would have been a good thing

I think Phaneuf has been sort of a Lecavalier/Iginla deal for us to the extent that he really only had one last good year to give us and that was last year.

There is still time to convince Dion to retire early like Vinny. What a disaster that would have been if he has decided to play.

Reactions: 21Dog

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
There is still time to convince Dion to retire early like Vinny. What a disaster that would have been if he has decided to play.

I think Lecavalier is still being paid the buyout money from TB. Or he got all of it already. Either way, I'm sure that made his retirement choice a little easier to swallow. He "only" gave up $6m to get out of the Flyers press box.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->