GDT: GM#65 LA Kings vs Chicago Blackhawks @1:00pm 3/2/19

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Let's not get nuts about a depth guy on a bad team. He's going to be 25, and he's already been on 4 different teams in 4 years. He's one of the few on this roster that still appreciates the fact that he's in the NHL, but no need to go crazy. He's not a force, he just tries.

Him trying makes him a force. Something that this team lacks. So he stands out. But he actually creates plays by himself which is rare for this team. He deserves a contract on this God forsaken team.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
nice screen, all around good play

weird how it ended up in the net with how lazily it seemed everyone was skating around

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Let's not get nuts about a depth guy on a bad team. He's going to be 25, and he's already been on 4 different teams in 4 years. He's one of the few on this roster that still appreciates the fact that he's in the NHL, but no need to go crazy. He's not a force, he just tries.

I don't get why some people continue to go out of their way to bash the guy. Even going as far as rounding up his age to make him look worse. He is on a 30 point scoring pace, is a pest that has shown continuous effort and an ability to put pressure on the opposition. Has great speed for entries and on the forecheck.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
Leipsic is an average player that would barely move the meter on a good team but for the Kings, he is a nice player to have who fills a void. Let's not get carried away about him. I would not want him to be just let go at all at this point of time in the Kings rebuild plan.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Leipsic is making a case for himself to stay in the NHL next season, even if Blake doesn't want him.

Fine if the Kings have better players than Leipsic, but I think he should be given a qualifying offer and a shot in training camp. If for no other reason than to make the other players bust their ass in preseason.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Kopi pickpocketing Keith through the legs for that feed to Brownie is enough to make me forgive the team for worsening our draft odds.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Leipsic is an average player that would barely move the meter on a good team but for the Kings, he is a nice player to have who fills a void. Let's not get carried away about him. I would not want him to be just let go at all at this point of time in the Kings rebuild plan.

He is scoring at a .42 PPG pace since he joined the Kings.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
True, he usually makes three great moves and then one bone headed move all on the same play. Still, he’s shifty and creative. Different aspect out there. Hope LA can sign him to a cheap deal. At least create some competition in camp.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Vilardi is a unicorn.

Sad thing is that he has elite talent. A guy LA really needs.

LA could of had Brannstrom or Necas with that pick.
Hey, you're encroaching on Ziggy's territory with this post.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
How crappy we've been this season we're not catching the Sens as the worst team in the NHL so a win every so often is nice I guess. Especially if it's the Hawks.

3firstnames

Dabbler. Dilettante.
Apr 18, 2018
Long Beach
Him trying makes him a force. Something that this team lacks. So he stands out. But he actually creates plays by himself which is rare for this team. He deserves a contract on this God forsaken team.
Sure. Sign him. My whole thing is that if they don’t, it’s not worth crying over. Is he good enough for top 6? Probably not. So what are we even talking about?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I don't get why some people continue to go out of their way to bash the guy. Even going as far as rounding up his age to make him look worse. He is on a 30 point scoring pace, is a pest that has shown continuous effort and an ability to put pressure on the opposition. Has great speed for entries and on the forecheck.

I would just say nobody should use the word force to describe him. That's going above and beyond. In the last calendar year, he's been traded for Philip Holm, waived by the Canucks, and plays every day for the Kings. I'm not saying don't give him a contract. Maybe he's a late bloomer, and he will be a force in the years ahead. He's got 4 goals in 38 games with the Kings. He's hustle, not force.

Reactions: BigKing

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Sure. Sign him. My whole thing is that if they don’t, it’s not worth crying over. Is he good enough for top 6? Probably not. So what are we even talking about?
Our bottom 6 is better than our top 6. What are you talking about

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
**** man, I want first over all. Stop with the meaningless points

I think the way to avoid the insanity of it all is to sit with the fact that the Kings at the minimum will finish with the 5th worse record. There are teams clustered in that grouping: OTT, ANA, LA, NJD and DET. It could go down to the last day for positioning. The Senators are going to be the worst team most likely but they have no motivation for it so that's a wildcard since there is nothing for them to gain. The lottery is the lottery so can't even begin to try and figure out what happens after the end of the season no matter when we finish.

The next closest teams are CHI, VAN and EDM at 63 points. That's a lot of points for the Kings to have to shave off for them to jump us. It requires a streak on both sides basically. It isn't going to happen.

The Kings are going to be a position where they will get a Top 3/Top 6 Forward or a Top 2 Dman if they go after Byram. They also will have 3 picks in the top 36 of the draft and the worst. If they walked away from it all with say Turcotte, Seider and Beecher or Zegras, Kaliyev and Honka as their 3 picks, I would be more than pleased to insert talent like that into our system.

Don't get me wrong, I want Kakko or Hughes. I just will be happy to have the high numbers to work with for a change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad