GDT: GM#65 LA Kings vs Chicago Blackhawks @1:00pm 3/2/19

3firstnames

Dabbler. Dilettante.
Apr 18, 2018
Long Beach
Our bottom 6 is better than our top 6. What are you talking about
Isn’t this a problem? When our bottom six is better than out top 6? He’s not a horrendous player. If we sign him that’s awesome. If we don’t, I don’t have a problem with it. That’s what I’m talking about

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
He sure was a force on that sweet dump in straight to Crawford on the line change for the second Perlini goal. Amazing one-timer as well. Looked like me at stick time.

I'll say it again: sign him and see how camp goes. I don't have an issue with him. Here's the thing though: if everyone is trying as hard as they can, he's not in the lineup. Not on a good team.

My entire point is he stands out because of how trash the effort is for everyone else. I do not dislike him: not one bit. What I do dislike is the homer movement that thinks he is way better than he actually is.

I get it. I was a big Scott Parse fan. I learned my lesson.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
I would just say nobody should use the word force to describe him. That's going above and beyond. In the last calendar year, he's been traded for Philip Holm, waived by the Canucks, and plays every day for the Kings. I'm not saying don't give him a contract. Maybe he's a late bloomer, and he will be a force in the years ahead. He's got 4 goals in 38 games with the Kings. He's hustle, not force.

Eh, Leipsec is a young player who struggled early on to adapt to the NHL. He was highly thought of in both Vegas and in Toronto, and he had 51 points in 48 games his last year in the AHL. He is only 24, but has fairly steadily put up ~.3 PPG when given an opportunity in the NHL. By force, I think most are pointing out how he seems to have a nose for the puck and an ability to use his speed to create turnovers. Most think that he would be a fine addition to the bottom 6 for this team.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
He sure was a force on that sweet dump in straight to Crawford on the line change for the second Perlini goal. Amazing one-timer as well. Looked like me at stick time.

I'll say it again: sign him and see how camp goes. I don't have an issue with him. Here's the thing though: if everyone is trying as hard as they can, he's not in the lineup. Not on a good team.

My entire point is he stands out because of how trash the effort is for everyone else. I do not dislike him: not one bit. What I do dislike is the homer movement that thinks he is way better than he actually is.

I get it. I was a big Scott Parse fan. I learned my lesson.

Leipsec has an ES P60 of 1.77, which is 2nd on the team among players with at least 400 minutes. He also has a primary assist rate of 1.14 per 60, which is best on the team among players with more than 50 minutes. He has been impressive.

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Leipsec has an ES P60 of 1.77, which is 2nd on the team among players with at least 400 minutes. He also has a primary assist rate of 1.14 per 60, which is best on the team among players with more than 50 minutes. He has been impressive.

Great. Like I said: sign him. If they don't, I won't cry and I'm not a Blake fan.

If we were good, we never would have put in a claim. But we're not good, so make your move, Robert.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

The denial on this board about Leipsic is insane.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Great. Like I said: sign him. If they don't, I won't cry and I'm not a Blake fan.

If we were good, we never would have put in a claim. But we're not good, so make your move, Robert.

How do you know that? The Kings were very high on the waiver priority. It just seems like you are making half ass guesses and pointing out singular instances of problems. Guy had a goal and an assist in 12 minutes of ice time tonight, had a CF Rel of 36%, a SF Rel of 85.7% a GF Rel of 41% and a SCF Rel of 24%. The only thing you can point out tonight his him dumping the puck that led to a goal against from a cherry picking forward. Nobody anywhere is saying that he will be an all star or even a permanent top 6 forward. The only people exaggerating about him are the people jumping up to crap on the guy.

3firstnames

Dabbler. Dilettante.
Apr 18, 2018
Long Beach
How do you know that? The Kings were very high on the waiver priority. It just seems like you are making half ass guesses and pointing out singular instances of problems. Guy had a goal and an assist in 12 minutes of ice time tonight, had a CF Rel of 36%, a SF Rel of 85.7% a GF Rel of 41% and a SCF Rel of 24%. The only thing you can point out tonight his him dumping the puck that led to a goal against from a cherry picking forward. Nobody anywhere is saying that he will be an all star or even a permanent top 6 forward. The only people exaggerating about him are the people jumping up to crap on the guy.
Look I hope you’re right. If the King’s sign him, then great. If they don’t then it’s not a huge issue. He is absolutely replaceable.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Look I hope you’re right. If the King’s sign him, then great. If they don’t then it’s not a huge issue. He is absolutely replaceable.

I disagree that he is easily replaceable. Like I said earlier, with the Kings he has a primary assist rate of 1.14 per 60. Among forwards with at least 400 minutes in the NHL, that would rank 14th, tied with Blake Wheeler. Obviously he is not an all star, but I don't know why so many are trying so hard to ignore what he has done with the Kings. How you can see a stat like that and call him easily replaceable is beyond me.

3firstnames

Dabbler. Dilettante.
Apr 18, 2018
Long Beach
I disagree that he is easily replaceable. Like I said earlier, with the Kings he has a primary assist rate of 1.14 per 60. Among forwards with at least 400 minutes in the NHL, that would rank 14th, tied with Blake Wheeler. Obviously he is not an all star, but I don't know why so many are trying so hard to ignore what he has done with the Kings. How you can see a stat like that and call him easily replaceable is beyond me.
You do realize he’s on a team that terrible, right?

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
It sucks that hockey isn't played in a classroom.

He's fine. Nothing more. Sign him. See if he makes the team.

I'd rather see Luff getting his minutes

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

And again, I'm not crapping on him but rather the homer squad that thinks he's really good when, in fact, he is not.

Hope you guys are right in the long run though, obviously. I'll stick to my assessment, however.

3firstnames

Dabbler. Dilettante.
Apr 18, 2018
Long Beach
I
I'm confused how that relates to his rate stats? In fact, I'd argue that makes what he has done more impressive...
I hope you’re right, man. I really do. I just see a guy who makes a great move, then flubs. Consistently. Like I said, I won’t complain if they sign him. Go for it. But to say, “he’s a force” is a bit of an over statement

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
And again, I'm but crapping on him but but rather the homer squad that thinks he's really good when, in fact, he is not.

Hope you guys are right in the long run though, obviously. I'll stick to my assessment, however.

Why are you getting offended at a "homer squad" in the midst of this shit season? It seems like you are pissed at them and choosing to randomly bash anything they cheer for, seeing as you provide no reasoning behind your assessment other than repeating that he is not good. It is a player who has a positive GF% and creates opportunities, while putting up amazing rate stats. Let people be excited about something.

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
Well, if he stands out because other guys are loafing through the season wouldn't it make sense to keep him and let one of those guys go? Blake did say the guys playing the best stay in the lineup.

Reactions: crassbonanza

3firstnames

Dabbler. Dilettante.
Apr 18, 2018
Long Beach
I mean...who are we arguing over? Brendan Leipsic. In the long run, someone who has little impact over the next season. My entire thesis is this: sign him or don’t. Either way it won’t make a significant difference on the upcoming season

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Nice to see them put up 6 and get the W

I still don’t understand why WD would play Doughty more than 29 minutes. The season is done. Why risk the insane amount of minutes? To get the W? The big picture is next season, not some meaningless Saturday matinee. I’m sure they still would have won if he played 20. An unnecessary risk.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

3firstnames

Dabbler. Dilettante.
Apr 18, 2018
Long Beach
Well, if he stands out because other guys are loafing through the season wouldn't it make sense to keep him and let one of those guys go? Blake did say the guys playing the best stay in the lineup.
Totally. In not arguing for letting him go, per se. sign him, great. My entire point is that if we don’t, I’m not going to sweat it too much

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
It sucks that hockey isn't played in a classroom.

He's fine. Nothing more. Sign him. See if he makes the team.

I'd rather see Luff getting his minutes
This is the likely outcome.

Rempal, Luff, Grundstrom, Kupari, JAD, Vilardi???, #1 pick.

Carter could still be here (no one wants him)

Brodzinski and Leipsic might run out of roster space.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I would just say nobody should use the word force to describe him. That's going above and beyond. In the last calendar year, he's been traded for Philip Holm, waived by the Canucks, and plays every day for the Kings. I'm not saying don't give him a contract. Maybe he's a late bloomer, and he will be a force in the years ahead. He's got 4 goals in 38 games with the Kings. He's hustle, not force.
I think it's important for younger players, hell check that every player in the organization to see that effort is rewarded.

Reactions: crassbonanza

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The denial on this board about Leipsic is insane.

Seriously. The f***?

A large segment of this board has spent years--WRONGLY--crapping on the bottom six because they don't produce enough.

Then a bottom six guy falls into our laps scoring at a 35 point pace while being a speedy forechecking machine showing creativity, dangles, the ability to carry the puck through the neutral zone and attack the blueline himself, and make immediate plays after causing a turnover...and we're not sure about him?

I get we're spoiled by being 4C deep during the cup years, but 35 points would be leading the bottom six on almost every team in the league, including everyone's sweetheart TBL.

Sure it's not the end of the world if he walks, but it would be monumentally stupid if he has a remotely reasonable ask. It's a free asset that fits on any line he plays on and provides plenty when he's not scoring. What else do you want?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad