GDT: GM#65 LA Kings vs Chicago Blackhawks @1:00pm 3/2/19

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
He sure was a force on that sweet dump in straight to Crawford on the line change for the second Perlini goal. Amazing one-timer as well. Looked like me at stick time.

I'll say it again: sign him and see how camp goes. I don't have an issue with him. Here's the thing though: if everyone is trying as hard as they can, he's not in the lineup. Not on a good team.

My entire point is he stands out because of how trash the effort is for everyone else. I do not dislike him: not one bit. What I do dislike is the homer movement that thinks he is way better than he actually is.

I get it. I was a big Scott Parse fan. I learned my lesson.

I bolded the absolute NONSENSE of that statement.

Reactions: crassbonanza

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
It sucks that hockey isn't played in a classroom.

He's fine. Nothing more. Sign him. See if he makes the team.

I'd rather see Luff getting his minutes

Why? Because Luff is 3 years younger? Other than that, what does Luff bring that Leipsic doesn't?

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Lol, today's edition of "we're gonna play the kids"

Doughty 29 minutes, FORBORT 27...

Walker and MacDermid 10
i'll applaud him a bit for at least cycling most of the forwards into the rotation

the shift chart is kinda interesting cause it looks like there was a concerted effort to separate kopi's line from doughty/forbort, kopi got phaneuf/roy the bulk of the time. not entirely sure i follow the logic but i'm not an NHL coach

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
i'll applaud him a bit for at least cycling most of the forwards into the rotation

the shift chart is kinda interesting cause it looks like there was a concerted effort to separate kopi's line from doughty/forbort, kopi got phaneuf/roy the bulk of the time. not entirely sure i follow the logic but i'm not an NHL coach

Part of it was also Wagner was out the entire 3rd, and I think most of the 2nd?

But I agree with RJ, no reason to play Doughty 29 minutes....he's not worse for wear because of it......but its nonsense.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site

Neither is Willie.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Nice to see them put up 6 and get the W

I still don’t understand why WD would play Doughty more than 29 minutes. The season is done. Why risk the insane amount of minutes? To get the W? The big picture is next season, not some meaningless Saturday matinee. I’m sure they still would have won if he played 20. An unnecessary risk.

Because WD is a fraud who has no idea how to coach, even on a last place team. 29 min for Doughty, in a lost season when the kids need valuable experience and he just ignores it and plays him more.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Like I said about Wagner (championship caliber 4th liner), the Kings should be looking at slotting guys into roles the next time they are a playoff team (I'd say 2022). And Leipsic certainly could be a candidate to fill in one of those bottom six roles. A player who can provide offense from the bottom six and be able to step up in a pinch is very valuable.

I see both sides of the Leipsic debate. he just a good player who is finally getting some sustained icetime and could keep his role as the team rebuilds or is he a guy who's going to move around from team to team. I could see both sides of the argument, but I think it would be foolish to atleast not bring him back next season and see if he can keep playing well.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I bolded the absolute NONSENSE of that statement.
Has he stuck on a good team or was he waived by Vancouver?

It's not nonsense. Again, he is fine. They should sign him and see if he makes the team.

If they decide not to, it's not going to be a big deal. I'd actually like him in Ontario, best case scenario.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Has he stuck on a good team or was he waived by Vancouver?

It's not nonsense. Again, he is fine. They should sign him and see if he makes the team.

If they decide not to, it's not going to be a big deal. I'd actually like him in Ontario, best case scenario.

Sorry, did you really just decide to use Vancouver as a model franchise for decision making?

It's nonsense to think that Leipsic wouldn't make the bottom six, of a good team. The eye test alone, tells you that.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Sorry, did you really just decide to use Vancouver as a model franchise for decision making?

It's nonsense to think that Leipsic wouldn't make the bottom six, of a good team. The eye test alone, tells you that.

I wouldn't bother arguing anymore. The fact that he said he would rather Leipsec be in Ontario shows that it is pointless.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Re: Leipsic, Luff, Wagner, Lewis, Clifford, etc...the bottom 6 has not been a big problem. So many rotations, combinations and players though - including the departed Hagelin and Thompson. And injuries - Lewis and Hagelin injuries.

Leipsic deserves a contract. He is versatile, can actually play center or wing. Good 2-way play, energy, good speed, can actually make plays. Never 'dials it in' effort and never sucks, for that matter. The Kings have always lacked bottom 6 players that can make plays. Leipsic can make plays and create some offense. I think it's time to deal Lewis and Leipsic is signed. The Kings need to move a few more 30+ year olds. It's time.

Re: Wagner. He should have a bottom 6 spot. Re: Luff. He has shown promise and has worked hard to get a shot and he goes down to Ontario and puts the work in and excels. He's killing in in Ontario and #1 in PPG. 24 pts in 19 games and God knows that team lacks talent. Sure, everyone should have to earn their spot. I'm glad they moved Thompson and hope they move Lewis. Would love to have all 3 of Wagner, Leipsic and Luff in bottom 6. Seems like Clifford stays and that's fine.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Re: Leipsic, Luff, Wagner, Lewis, Clifford, etc...the bottom 6 has not been a big problem. So many rotations, combinations and players though - including the departed Hagelin and Thompson. And injuries - Lewis and Hagelin injuries.

Leipsic deserves a contract. He is versatile, can actually play center or wing. Good 2-way play, energy, good speed, can actually make plays. Never 'dials it in' effort and never sucks, for that matter. The Kings have always lacked bottom 6 players that can make plays. Leipsic can make plays and create some offense. I think it's time to deal Lewis and Leipsic is signed. The Kings need to move a few more 30+ year olds. It's time.

Re: Wagner. He should have a bottom 6 spot. Re: Luff. He has shown promise and has worked hard to get a shot and he goes down to Ontario and puts the work in and excels. He's killing in in Ontario and #1 in PPG. 24 pts in 19 games and God knows that team lacks talent. Sure, everyone should have to earn their spot. I'm glad they moved Thompson and hope they move Lewis. Would love to have all 3 of Wagner, Leipsic and Luff in bottom 6. Seems like Clifford stays and that's fine.

That's the biggest thing for me, especially with respect to this roster, and not just this year, but going back to like 2014.

The only times I've said "god damnit Leipsic" have been few and they've been when he turns the puck over trying to make a play; not being safe, lazy, indecisive. It's never heart, effort, tenacity, it's trying to be creative through the middle. Frankly with how much he creates this roster could learn a lot from that.

One of the reasons he was waived in vancouver was the leipsic special--skates out of his zone, gains the blueline, tries to dangle and falls down. He's definitely done that more than once here. But on this roster, that's a rare talent, and he's absolutely minimized that--maybe because he plays more and thus could get into a rhythm, maybe he's started to figure out this level with more playing time, whatever, but he just keeps getting better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad