GDT: GM 6: Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers - 6:00PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
There seems to be something seriously wrong with WD, with how he manages ice time.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Frustrating game. Plenty of chances to put it away and very much should have. Didn't really deserve to lose this one on the whole, were the better team. Just couldn't finish.

Not enjoying watching our home ice games looking like the teams are chasing a black tennis ball around the ice. So many fumbled and bobbled pucks all around, weird hops, skips and bounces, double clutching everywhere, partial whiffs from all kinds of players, scoring chances created and taken away by funky puck behaviour. Doesn't make for great hockey to watch.

Nor does this much of the 4th line. I mean, i like our 4th line, it's a good one for what it is. But my goodness they were overused badly tonight, relative to the kids especially. Virtanen and Baertschi were creating some chances, but ended up stapled to the bench trying to coax this one to overtime and defend the loser point - in a game that we were largely controlling on home ice, and should have been able to put away without it ever even getting near OT.

Frustrating.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Sedins were good. Generated lots of chances.

Who else is so tired and bored of this narrative? It's the Sedins. We're always talking about how they generate chances. How about scoring goals? Watching them create tonight does absolutely nothing for me. Not when at the end of the day Henrik has 2 points in 6 games, Daniel 4 points in 6 games, and each have only had one point since opening night.

Who gives a shit about the chances they're creating? I've seen this movie for years now.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Adam Cracknell at 575k is what you pay for plugs like Dorsett and Prust.

Not a f***in combined 5.15 mil :laugh:

And he's better than both of them

The Jesus*

I thought our 4th line looked good tonight. Cracknell badly outplayed Horvat. Dorsett was good. Prust, while making a few dumb plays, was ok.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Do you have the corsi numbers?

cTsdHOi.png

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Wd doing his best to make sure people stop watching games. He's an embarrassment. Can't wait to see prust and dorsett next game. Put them on the pp as well

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I thought our 4th line looked good tonight. Cracknell badly outplayed Virtanen. Dorsett was good. Prust, while making a few dumb plays, was ok.

I thought Virtanen played well. Created some scoring chances, had a nice backcheck to strip an Oiler of the puck as he was entering our defensive zone. Didn't get much ice-time for his efforts though.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012

That's pretty much all you can ask from them at this point (althought Dan shoulda scored on the empty net).

The Oilers D is mediocre - it's time to ask why no one else is stepping up. Horvat had a poor game but not many posters ripping into him.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Don't blame Vrbata for not trying all the time with the way WD coaches/over plays certain players

Who did Willie overplay? Much to my surprise, Prust has earned some leeway. He's played well pretty much every game he's been here, save one. Dorsett's been okay as well. We're going to lose some games, even to the Oilers. It's not a big deal.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
As an oilers fan Cracknell impressed me tonight. I think the difference in this game was definitely our goaltending. In recent years with Scrivens and co in net that would have been a 4-1 game for you guys.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
There seems to be something seriously wrong with WD, with how he manages ice time.

JB wants to go to the playoffs and that means WD needs to make the playoffs and that means a coach is going to play it safe, go with veterans until the prospects prove beyond doubt they are the better options. I'm sure if the team was rebuilding we would see more prospect icetime because the mistakes wouldn't hurt as much.

The team also needs to resell Prust to recoup the draft pick, he needs icetime and points to do that.

The Jesus*

I thought Virtanen played well. Created some scoring chances, had a nice backcheck to strip an Oiler of the puck as he was entering our defensive zone. Didn't get much ice-time for his efforts though.

I didn't mind Virtanen. I actually enjoyed his game as well. But that line was not playing well. Especially Horvat.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
That's pretty much all you can ask from them at this point (althought Dan shoulda scored on the empty net).

The Oilers D is mediocre - it's time to ask why no one else is stepping up. Horvat had a poor game but not many posters ripping into him.

Uh for $14M I would ask for them to actually score some goals.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
am i the only one who thinks our 4th line is consistently the best line out there?

not good...........

Tact

Jul 9, 2006

That's true but they couldn't capitalize and were terribly soft on the puck in OT (Henrik) and Daniel playing the 2on1 very poorly defensively on the goal. Tonight wasn't a great game by their standards and what we know they're capable of. You could also tell there body language wasn't there after Daniel missed the empty net. Regardless, WD was badly out coached and the main reason for us losing tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad