GDT: GM 6: Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers - 6:00PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Edmonton played the perfect game. Hung around then daggers us. Fitting that Danny was on the ice for the winning goal when he cost us the game.

If you call being badly outchanced and depending on Daniel Sedin missing a wide open net to get to overtime "playing the perfect game" well...good for you. :laugh:

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
People are surprised? Really? This is how most people thought this team was going to be like.

The first few games masked that this is not a very good team.

I'm not surprised in the slightest. I picked this team to be a lottery team before the start of the season. For some reason it's just still frustrating as ever to watch.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Should've been an easy win and this f***ing team just sucks ass at shooting the puck in. McCann would've had 6 goals that game.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
I know the Sedins didn't play well tonight, however, I feel this game is on WD. Totally out coached tonight.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
It is interesting to see Baertschi get criticized for not scoring on a breakaway, yet nobody comments on Henrik missing on his breakaway. Also interesting to see Virtanen criticized for his board play, yet Henrik being weak on the boards cost us the game in OT.

All in all a poor game for us really. Our 4th line got 3rd line minutes. Our kid line was barely played. Our top players weren't our top players and couldn't generate us a goal. Our goal came from the line that was most criticized which is humorous. Outcoached once again.

:laugh:

There was maybe 2 posters who called out Baertschi on the breakway, and theres a reason why players of 10+ seasons get a little more breaks than 19 year old kids. Something called track record.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Pefect? Really?

Not really but the better team won and man Daniel is the goat tonight.

Last 2 games at home they get the team on their second night consecutive and didn't show very well.

McDavid is picking up confidence in the last 2 games and he steals the puck a couple of times in each game and is going to roll this year as advertised.

Jun 15, 2014
Really depressing that two 35 year olds r still r only source of offense this team badly needs young top end talent

Or maybe we need to give young offensive players more ice time rather than giving that time to 30 year old career 4th line grinders.

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
The way I look at it we are lucky that we could miss that many chances and still get a point out of it

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I'm not surprised in the slightest. I picked this team to be a lottery team before the start of the season. For some reason it's just still frustrating as ever to watch.

It's frustrating because our top players aren't capitalizing on golden opportunities. I don't care where you pin this team to finish, it's still depressing to see the Sedins play like this, and not score one lousy goal.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
It is interesting to see Baertschi get criticized for not scoring on a breakaway, yet nobody comments on Henrik missing on his breakaway. Also interesting to see Virtanen criticized for his board play, yet Henrik being weak on the boards cost us the game in OT.

All in all a poor game for us really. Our 4th line got 3rd line minutes. Our kid line was barely played. Our top players weren't our top players and couldn't generate us a goal. Our goal came from the line that was most criticized which is humorous. Outcoached once again.

It's not interesting. Hank sucks at breakaways but Dank had one of the biggest flubs of the modern era.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
:laugh:

There was maybe 2 posters who called out Baertschi on the breakway, and theres a reason why players of 10+ seasons get a little more breaks than 19 year old kids. Something called track record.

Dorsett, Prust, and Cracknell have a good track record? Please do tell me how they deserve more ice time than our kids. Our kid line produced the only goal tonight. I was kind of upset when that happened because I knew they'd be benched after it, and that's exactly what happened. Kid line scores? WD don't like.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
If you call being badly outchanced and depending on Daniel Sedin missing a wide open net to get to overtime "playing the perfect game" well...good for you. :laugh:

Edmonton hung around, hung around, hung around all game coming off a game the night before. They'll take this win and get the hell outta here. We pretty much handed it to them.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Not really but the better team won and man Daniel is the goat tonight.

Last 2 games at home they get the team on their second night consecutive and didn't show very well.

McDavid is picking up confidence in the last 2 games and he steals the puck a couple of times in each game and is going to roll this year as advertised.

The better team won? OK sure:laugh:

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
We're a team stuck in mediocrity not bad enough to get top 10 picks cause of the sedins and a team too good to miss the playoffs but lose continually in the first round.

Either that or missing the playoffs by single digit points. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad