GDT: GM #6 LA Kings vs Toronto Maple Leafs @4:30pm 10/15/18

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Please let this be the start of a horrendous losing streak that ends with the Kings reevaluating every decision that they've made over the past 5 years, thank you.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
C O N F U S I O N

If we don't know what we're doing, the other team can't read us!
source.gif

Reactions: Sol

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I was so flabbergasted at Thompson-Amadio-Carter that I didn't scroll down to see Fantenberg-Phaneuf. That'll be fun on the road.

Practically guarantee that Stevens will shorten the bench, but only after the damage is done, further draining our best players. Fantenberg-Phaneuf is gonna get run over, and only then will Stevens double Doughty instead...Kopitar has already been playing 1D minutes. It's a re-run of last year where our best guys get run into the ground and our developing guys don't play to develop.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I was so flabbergasted at Thompson-Amadio-Carter that I didn't scroll down to see Fantenberg-Phaneuf. That'll be fun on the road.

Practically guarantee that Stevens will shorten the bench, but only after the damage is done, further draining our best players. Fantenberg-Phaneuf is gonna get run over, and only then will Stevens double Doughty instead...Kopitar has already been playing 1D minutes. It's a re-run of last year where our best guys get run into the ground and our developing guys don't play to develop.
Thompson, play like shit move up a line.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
f***ing Blake. Bitch, respond to my email. I said fire these bitches.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Kopitar has been playing 1D minutes, that's freaking nonsense,

vs Detroit - 23 minutes
vs Winnipeg - 24:19
vs Montreal - 22:28
vs Ottawa - 21:18,

He's been playing #1 C minutes....

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kopitar has been playing 1D minutes, that's freaking nonsense,

vs Detroit - 23 minutes
vs Winnipeg - 24:19
vs Montreal - 22:28
vs Ottawa - 21:18,

He's been playing #1 C minutes....

Ok, that's an average of 22:46, which is higher than his minutes/game last year, already most in the league. Last year, that would have been more minutes a game than Lindholm, Slavin, Vlasic, Mike Green, Morgan Reilly...

Just because he can do it doesn't mean he should do it. And just because you can be pedantic because you think you're making a point doesn't mean you should.

Most 1Cs are in the 18-20 minute range, and many of them aren't even being given PK time, never mind defensive loads. He's played more hockey than any forward in the world over the last few years even WITH that injury break.

In other words, your statement is much closer to 'freaking nonsense' than mine is. 24:19 without overtime is absurd, especially chasing the game.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Thompson has statistically been the worst forward on the team by every f***ing metric. By a wide margin too, which is impressive because they all have been pretty bad. I have been trying to find a bright spot with Stevens just to maintain my sanity, but this is f***ing idiotic. You take the line that won the Montreal game and was the only f***ing bright spot in Ottawa and rip them apart? Not only that, you basically hamstring two different lines. JAD is wasted on the 4th with Lewis and Cliffy and Thompson is a blackhole that will ruin any ability for Carter or Amadio to generate offense. You then double down by keeping together a pairing that has been continuously failing to keep the puck out of the net in M+M and put two of your worst puck moving defensemen together. LaDue may have had protected minutes, but he has been able to generate possession and can get the puck out of the zone. That 3rd pairing is going to get isolated by Babcock and are gonna be completely hemmed in their own zone all night.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
4th in ES minutes per game by a forward. 3rd in total minutes per game by a forward. A minute away from being out of the top 10. 6th in shifts per game by a forward. It's nothing crazy with Kopitar. Thompson with Amadio and Carter, that's crazy.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
4th in ES minutes per game by a forward. 3rd in total minutes per game by a forward. 6th in shifts per game by a forward. It's nothing crazy with Kopitar. Thompson with Amadio and Carter, that's crazy.

Dunno who the other guy is but two of those guys are Patrick Kane and Connor McDavid and each is sheltered and hardly sniffing the PK. Not all minutes are created equal, especially given how buried the Kings have been to start the year.

The points is more that Stevens handicaps the everliving shit out of the lineup to start the game then shortens the bench when it's too late and overloading the top guys, can't even remember how many games last year they looked completely gassed when trying to tie it up with the goalie pulled because Kopitar and Doughty are playing 8 of the last 10 minutes. It's just another illustration of bad game management, not that we need another one.

Reactions: King Trouty

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
So haven’t been to a game a Staples this year. Has there been any fire Stevens chants or am I going to have to be the idiot to start this.

Looked at the headlines to see Granato talking to Blake and get happy then look at the lines to see if the blind squirrel finally sits some trash and find that the trash gets a promotion. Then a cherry topper is Dano is claimed by Colorado. He may not be the greatest but he is better than what we throw out there on our 4th sorry now 3rd line each night.

We are getting destroyed tonight and I am usually an optimistic person.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Thompson has statistically been the worst forward on the team by every ****ing metric. By a wide margin too, which is impressive because they all have been pretty bad. I have been trying to find a bright spot with Stevens just to maintain my sanity, but this is ****ing idiotic. You take the line that won the Montreal game and was the only ****ing bright spot in Ottawa and rip them apart? Not only that, you basically hamstring two different lines. JAD is wasted on the 4th with Lewis and Cliffy and Thompson is a blackhole that will ruin any ability for Carter or Amadio to generate offense. You then double down by keeping together a pairing that has been continuously failing to keep the puck out of the net in M+M and put two of your worst puck moving defensemen together. LaDue may have had protected minutes, but he has been able to generate possession and can get the puck out of the zone. That 3rd pairing is going to get isolated by Babcock and are gonna be completely hemmed in their own zone all night.

And yet there are very few people who think Stevens isn't a huge problem and we're being over dramatic.

When he speaks he sounds completely stupid and inept, just like his line up choices.

If there are people who think we're being too hard on him, then just read his quotes.

Reactions: crassbonanza

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Ok, that's an average of 22:46, which is higher than his minutes/game last year, already most in the league. Last year, that would have been more minutes a game than Lindholm, Slavin, Vlasic, Mike Green, Morgan Reilly...

Just because he can do it doesn't mean he should do it. And just because you can be pedantic because you think you're making a point doesn't mean you should.

Most 1Cs are in the 18-20 minute range, and many of them aren't even being given PK time, never mind defensive loads. He's played more hockey than any forward in the world over the last few years even WITH that injury break.

In other words, your statement is much closer to 'freaking nonsense' than mine is. 24:19 without overtime is absurd, especially chasing the game.

No, not most in the league, Kane and McDavid are both higher, but your hysteria about his minutes are amuxing.

You think Kopitar has played more hockey than any other F in the world the past three years? LOL Hyperbole much?

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
It is kind of a miracle that Campbell has been turned in to a reliable back-up goalie but last game was a reminder that he is not a full-time starter.

Only chance tonight is that he regains the magic of his first three games while this Leafs back-up is a pumpkin because this team is not doing the goaltender any favors defensively, except for last game where Campbell was horrible.

Saw the projected lines earlier this morning while taking a shit. Thought I splashed on to my phone's screen for a second but it was the actual way they lined up at the morning skate. Thompson will drag that line down something fierce. Stevens isn't smart but I think he will move away from that line pretty quickly.

As for Kopitar's minutes, they can't win without him and Doughty eating league-leading, or close to it, minutes. The argument for less minutes equaling more quality minutes is valid except the Kings will be rolling out some trash that isn't as good as tired minutes from 11 & 8. I'm all for lowering the minutes in favor of Amadio and friends so the youth can be developed (at least in Kopitar's case) but this method got them 98 points last season. Stevens wants to keep his job so he'll ride these guys into the ground.

The Vilardi blurb from Rosen is something else. I guess it is progress but, shit man, if this is progress than the problem was real serious to begin with. This is Allison/Deadmarsh level stuff going on here. This "flared up" in August, right? We are two months in to this and the blurb reads like another month would be the best case scenario. Guy couldn't do all of the combine tests at the draft and then didn't play until January last year. So a six month back issue, followed by 4-5 months of playing OHL hockey and then back to not playing for probably another four months? God bless you if you aren't extremely worried about this since this guy is the lynch pin to Luc/Blake's "We are legit contenders" plan.

Reactions: King Trouty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad