GDT: GM #6 LA Kings vs Toronto Maple Leafs @4:30pm 10/15/18

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

Notice how often backups get dressed against the Kings? It’s not too difficult to guess why that is.

I’d be curious to see how lopsided the shot differential and scoring chances will be tonight.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Thompson-Amadio-Carter... LMAO. We should all pitch in and get this for Steven for Christmas:

sc-04-lg.jpg

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Notice how often backups get dressed against the Kings? It’s not too difficult to guess why that is.

I’d be curious to see how lopsided the shot differential and scoring chances will be tonight.

Well in this case it could be that the Kings are an out of conference team at the end of a road trip. That's when you get the backup in. But, also, of course, that the Kings can't score.

If whoever keeps the Kings in the game on the scoreboard, and if the 18 guys play the way they have, 50+ shots by Toronto isn't out of the question.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Blake can witness his team get destroyed live. Can it get much worse than the 5-1 loss against the Sens?

Last edited:

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Slow start, fall behind early, start playing with about 10 minutes left in the 3rd. Goalie pulled, King players still dumping the puck, lose by 1, Stevens post game press conference he proclaims Kings played well just didn't get the bounces.

Given that Toronto's scoring 50 goals per game and we're about as proficient at scoring as a blind archer losing by one would be a miracle.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not sure who is trolling harder, Stevens or Drew.

Doughty this morning w/The Athletic:

"“It’s funny, some of my buddies came down from London and I was with some of them last night, just shooting the breeze,” Doughty said. “They’re like, ‘Watch out for the Leafs, look out, they’re actually good this year.’ I don’t know, I’ve heard this for 28 years at the start of every season when they win a few games. But I honestly think it is different this season. What better test for our team right now than to play the Maple Leafs when they’re hot. So we’re excited for this opportunity to hopefully put on a good show and hopefully win the game.’’

Here’s some inside knowledge for the Kings, keep a close eye on No. 34 for the Leafs, Auston Matthews, he of the NHL-leading 10 goals in six games.

“It would be nice to be the D-man there, Morgan Rielly, just dish it to him (Matthews), you get some cheesy apples, it’s pretty simple,’’ Doughty chuckled. “I’m going to chirp him tomorrow, probably.’’"

Reactions: King Trouty

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Here’s some inside knowledge for the Kings, keep a close eye on No. 34 for the Leafs, Auston Matthews, he of the NHL-leading 10 goals in six games.

In 6 games Matthews has more goals than all but 8 Kings from last season. He has 91% as many goals scored by the Kings this season (11 goals). Leafs should just throw up the middle fingers and ice 5 forwards, and pull the goalie on their penalty kills.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad