GDT: GM#59 LA Kings vs Washington Capitals @7:30pm 2/18/19

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
This constant whining over missed picks is pretty pedestrian. Every team misses picks, including everyone who passed over Kopitar in 2005. For every missed Tarasenko there’s a busted Filatov. Russian players in general have been feast or famine since the lockout.

Literally every team in the league passed over Panarin in TWO consecutive drafts. So let’s cut the revisionist armchair scouting. You’re smarter than that.

Yeah, let’s focus on the success they’ve had in more recent drafts that the Kings are reaping rewards from. It’s not just those specific drafts, it’s an amalgam of regretful decisions this team has made that magnified those mistakes, and they’re paying for them dearly now.

I know you really dislike it when someone slags on your boy Dean.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
my goodness, the tasteful addition of the parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes to the spaghetti sauce

another stroke of brilliance by yours truly

Reactions: KINGS17

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Yeah, let’s focus on the success they’ve had in more recent drafts that the Kings are reaping rewards from. It’s not just those specific drafts, it’s an amalgam of regretful decisions this team has made that magnified those mistakes, and they’re paying for them dearly now.

Maybe you should learn how to read then, because I was crapping on Dean like two weeks ago.

It’s unbelievably stupid to pine over missed picks. Every team in the league misses picks, some of them big. If you’re too dense to see that, I can’t help you.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
This constant whining over missed picks is pretty pedestrian. Every team misses picks, including everyone who passed over Kopitar in 2005. For every missed Tarasenko there’s a busted Filatov. Russian players in general have been feast or famine since the lockout.

Literally every team in the league passed over Panarin in TWO consecutive drafts. So let’s cut the revisionist armchair scouting. You’re smarter than that.
Honestly go big or go home. Let’s start bitching about the 50 times the Kings haven’t won the cup.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Maybe you should learn how to read then, because I was crapping on Dean like two weeks ago.

It’s unbelievably stupid to pine over missed picks. Every team in the league misses picks, some of them big. If you’re too dense to see that, I can’t help you.

I’ll keep it up as long as Forbort keeps entertaining us.

So applying your reasonable logic, we can’t cast doubt on their drafting ability. This team is lacking in talent because of mistakes made, but hey, every team makes them, so we should just be satisfied with how they’ve drafted.

Who’s the one being dense here?

Last edited:

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

But you're a broken record. I don't think there's been a losing game this season you haven't repeated yourself. We get it. Find something new to bitch about.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Boston went up 4-2 to start the 2nd on their 12th shot. Never took another shot the rest of the period. They game is tied .:laugh:

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
It’s more magnifying when you miss in the first round, and that mistake is on the ice constantly making mistakes. Makes it hard to forget, especially when the guy selected right after him is willing his team into a playoff spot.

Pacioretty was drafted #22 in 2007.

Karlsson #15 in 2008.

O’Reilly #33 in 2009.

Saad #43. Kucherov #58. Both in 2010.

Once upon a time, the Kings could have drafted Ray Bourque.

Lidstrom was drafted in the 5th round. Lucky Luc in the 7th.

Literally every team in the league misses picks. Every single year.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
But you're a broken record. I don't think there's been a losing game this season you haven't repeated yourself. We get it. Find something new to ***** about.

Actually, I haven’t brought it up in a while, but today seemed like a good game to bring it back up. Speaking of broken records, don’t you have a stupid meme to post? I thought that was your shtick.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Pacioretty was drafted #22 in 2007.

Karlsson #15 in 2008.

O’Reilly #33 in 2009.

Saad #43. Kucherov #58. Both in 2010.

Once upon a time, the Kings could have drafted Ray Bourque.

Lidstrom was drafted in the 5th round. Lucky Luc in the 7th.

Literally every team in the league misses picks. Every single year.

You do realize the more recent draft mistakes from 2010-2015 is directly impacting the current team, and things aren’t looking promising in the future, right?

Maybe things get better when the Kings start getting younger and some young talent is injected into this lineup, but until that happens... what are we going to discuss when there is literally nothing happening in these goddamn games?

And if only the Kings had such luck in finding some of the gems you mentioned in later rounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad