GDT: GM#59 LA Kings vs Washington Capitals @7:30pm 2/18/19

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
cut.jpg

Washington Capitals (32-20-7, 71pts, 2nd in Metro) :thumbd:@Los Angeles Kings(23-29-6, 52pts, Last Pacific) :thumbd:Staples Center| Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 7:30pm PT | TV: FSW | RADIO: I Heart Radio App

QUICK STATS
PREVIOUS MEETINGS
WSH 6-4 LAK February 11, 2019

:kings:caps
PP/PK28th/30th15th/22nd
Faceoffs13th31st
Leading ScorersAnze Kopitar: 17 goals, 26 assists, 43 points.Alex Ovechkin: 40 goals, 27 assists, 67 points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
*Lines subject to change*
:kings
KwRqJdt.png

onRjkoU.png

4ctgazm.png

Extras: Sean Walker, Michael Amadio
Injuries: Alec Martinez

:caps
Z7vxqyZ.png

6VxDg3O.png

Z8Z8lGV.png

Injuries: TJ Oshie

Reactions: Legionnaire

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Used to love these games because Ovechkin would always be seeking out Brown to try and give him a big hit. It never worked and Ovechkin often found himself bouncing off and ending up on his backside. The Kings used to be hard to play against. Now they are a soft touch.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Never know what you're going to get.

Do we see a pissed off Kings team after a couple of losses and wanting to avenge themselves after the core embarrassing themselves for a week straight?

Or do the Capitals just decide they don't want to drop two straight to awful teams and Old Yeller us?

My money is on the second, but I'll wager we see not one, but TWO broken sticks tonight. Three if Quick plays, which is doubtful.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I want Hagelin traded sooner than later just because I don't want any guys who may be on the block getting hurt like AMart just did.

I would consider ‘resting’ guys that may be on the move. Why risk injury as you noted.

I’m sure scouts have more than enough information on these guys, not sure watching an additional game or two will really make a difference at this point.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
One positive thing I'll say is that Kings games have generally been more entertaining over the past month or so. The Capitals are a fun team so hopefully that trend continues.

Reactions: lumbergh

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I hope the team plays well in front of Campbell. I don't want this guy getting shell shocked. Him and Peterson are our goalies of the future.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I would consider ‘resting’ guys that may be on the move. Why risk injury as you noted.

I’m sure scouts have more than enough information on these guys, not sure watching an additional game or two will really make a difference at this point.

:sarcasm:

giphy.gif

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I hope the team plays well in front of Campbell. I don't want this guy getting shell shocked. Him and Peterson are our goalies of the future.

If he's any good, he'll be gone after next season(assuming Petersen is good). He'll be 28, and has wasted years making minor league money. He'll want to be a #1, and get paid.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
If he's any good, he'll be gone after next season(assuming Petersen is good). He'll be 28, and has wasted years making minor league money. He'll want to be a #1, and get paid.

The Campbell/Peterson situation is tricky. We can't protect both for the expansion draft. If teams are not biting on Quick, it would make sense to see if there are takers on Campbell. If we can get a 1st (unlikely, unless there is a desperate team), or a 2nd rounder, it might be worth trading Campbell, and running with Quick/Peterson next year. We can then expose Quick to the expansion draft if Peterson pans out.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
The Campbell/Peterson situation is tricky. We can't protect both for the expansion draft. If teams are not biting on Quick, it would make sense to see if there are takers on Campbell. If we can get a 1st (unlikely, unless there is a desperate team), or a 2nd rounder, it might be worth trading Campbell, and running with Quick/Peterson next year. We can then expose Quick to the expansion draft if Peterson pans out.

The expansion draft is after the 20-21 season. If Quick gets traded before next year, Campbell won't be here beyond next year if he's good. They'll have to bring in some other cheap goalie that fits the draft requirements.

Neither Campbell or Petersen might be around by the time the Kings are really ready to win again, so shell away on both. Campbell is 27. If he gets shell shocked at the age, what kind of goalie are we talking about anyway?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->