Pre-Game Talk: GM 47: Vancouver Canucks vs. Anaheim Ducks - Apr 25 - 7:00PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsmaster*

Please fans in attendance make the LUUUUUU's as loud as the 2006-2007 ones.

This guy deserves it.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Brad Ziemer‏@BradZiemer17s
Bieksa on ice for #Canucks practice.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

HappyRageGuy.png

And there was much rejoicing! (by me, anyway)

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
OK, figured it out. Luongo is likely to be traded in the offseason, so they're pretending Schneider is hurt, so Lu can have one more game at home in front of his loving fans.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Joslin in, Barker out tomorrow, it looks like:

Elliott Pap‏@ElliottPap1m
Derek Joslin taking reps with Andrew Alberts so he's likely to play there vs Ducks. Barker on 4th pairing with Bieksa. #canucks
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Can he possibly be worse than Barker?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Yes! Though I think Barker is still higher on the depth chart and they just want to get Joslin some game action in case he needs to play in the post season. Ballard is going to have a damn hard time finding his way back into the lineup barring an injury in the top six or significant fall off in Alberts' play. AV has always preferred guys like Alberts and Rome to Ballard, and now that AA's play is actually justifying that ice time I don't see where Ballard fits.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I'm mildly saddened that Lack isn't healthy enough to be the backup over Joey C. Eddie would totally sit on the bench wearing some YOLO hat or pictures of Tanev printed on his pads.

Bro Horvat

2011 Truther
Mar 20, 2013
Vancouver
I have my last exam of university undergrad finishing up before the game. Going straight from the exam to the bar. I hope the Canucks play well, and give me even more reason to celebrate.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Ben Kuzma ‏@benkuzma 22s

Bieksa leaves practice ice after 30 minutes. Looked like he was still labouring a bit. #canucks

gg

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
OK, figured it out. Luongo is likely to be traded in the offseason, so they're pretending Schneider is hurt, so Lu can have one more game at home in front of his loving fans.

or they could just start him since they can't move up or down in the standings.

But if he gets hurt or implodes or gets hung out to dry at least Schneider won't get badly injured in a meaningless game.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Hey guys, are you guys likely to play strongest possible line up? Ducks have called up a few players from AHL today, so we might be resting a few of our top guys.

Not a fan of these dead rubber games, I just hope neither team loses players to an injury over the game!

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
I hope Hamhuis, Edler and Garrison get 'day to day' injuries as well.

Maybe healthy scratch Kesler for not getting his shots on net.

Demote the Sedins to the 4th line for not laying any hits on the forecheck.

Anything to keep us healthy for the playoffs right?

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Hey guys, are you guys likely to play strongest possible line up? Ducks have called up a few players from AHL today, so we might be resting a few of our top guys.

Not a fan of these dead rubber games, I just hope neither team loses players to an injury over the game!

Our forwards are pretty much healthy (though we'll likely call up Shroeder, and maybe some others). Our defense is missing two regulars (Bieksa and Tanev), and also Ballard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad