Pre-Game Talk: GM 47: Vancouver Canucks vs. Anaheim Ducks - Apr 25 - 7:00PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Agree that they should give Luongo the start - and also hope that that gives the team the motivation to put in another solid 60 minute effort in an otherwise meaningless game. Win it for Lu.

But really, I'm just hoping no injuries.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
I hope last game was a gearing up for play-offs, lets see the coming game as a test of that. This place will be unbearable if we lose and I will probably contribute to it being so as well.

TheDiver*

Hey guys, got a question...I am taking my niece to her first game that night for her 16th birthday. I want to go down early so she can watch the Canucks warm up up close. What time do I have to get there, and what section do I have to go to be on the Canucks' end for that?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Hey guys, got a question...I am taking my niece to her first game that night for her 16th birthday. I want to go down early so she can watch the Canucks warm up up close. What time do I have to get there, and what section do I have to go to be on the Canucks' end for that?

Coming from a guy who knows almost nothing about the subject, I think they do the warm-ups about 30-45 minutes before the game starts.

If you want to be safe, just get there 45 minutes early.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
From the photoshop thread on the NHL talk board:
BIKE_zps5723ed71.jpeg

credit to Phileeguy

:laugh:

kootenayfan

Sep 3, 2005
Southeastern BC

Back in the late 90's I took in my first Canucks game with my son. We watched the warm up from the upper concourse for a bit, then talked to an usher about going down closer, she said we could go right to ice level and pictures were allowed during warm up but not the game.

We went down near the Canucks bench and got some great pics of Bure, Linden, McLean etc. I couldn't tell you the section number though. Just watch which end the Canucks are on and head there. Have fun!

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I have a feeling that the send off Luongo is going get from the fans is going to be a tear jerker.

I better hide from my wife and kids and watch the end of the game in the back room with the door closed... and some kleenex and visene. :cry:

Unique situation though; you usually only get to say good bye live when the player is retiring.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hopefully this is just resting Schneider in advance of the playoffs. It will be nice to see Luongo get a shot to play in front of the hometown faithful; hopefully the fans - and his team - are good to him.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
And the Goaltending circus in Vancouver continues!!!!

Honestly I don't think it's anything worry about but the media will definately run with this.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I have a feeling that the send off Luongo is going get from the fans is going to be a tear jerker.

I better hide from my wife and kids and watch the end of the game in the back room with the door closed... and some kleenex and visene. :cry:

Unique situation though; you usually only get to say good bye live when the player is retiring.

He could still play a game in the playoffs. Just saying.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Hopefully this is just resting Schneider in advance of the playoffs. It will be nice to see Luongo get a shot to play in front of the hometown faithful; hopefully the fans - and his team - are good to him.

Yeah they have to rest Schneider and not rely on him too much cause stuff like this will happen. We should have our rookies with a mix of vetrans like 3rd and 4th liners playing with the rookies on Saturday.

EDIT: Like rest the 1st line and Kes and Higgy have not been around much so they should be fine rest Roy? So call up ppl like Gaunce, Schroeder, Jensen.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
I was actually kind of worried that a Ducks player might take a run at Schneider. Probably Perry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad