Pre-Game Talk: GM 47: Vancouver Canucks vs. Anaheim Ducks - Apr 25 - 7:00PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Vancouver Canucks vs. Anaheim Ducks

Canucks' Record: 26-13-7 vs. Hawks' Record: 29-11-6

WHEN: Thursday, April 25th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: TEAM 1040

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup: (unconfirmed)
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Roy - Kesler
Raymond - Lapierre - Hansen
Sestito - Ebbett - Kassian

Hamhuis - Garrison
Edler - Corrado
Joslin - Alberts

Luongo

Anaheim Ducks' Lineup:
To Be Posted.

Game Notes:
- G Cory Schneider is day-to-day with an undisclosed injury. Roberto Luongo will start; Joe Cannata has been recalled from the AHL's Chicago Wolves to back him up.
- D Derek Joslin will slide in for Cam Barker, making his Canuck debut.
- D Kevin Bieksa is practicing, but is still day-to-day.
- D Keith Ballard is unlikely to play, stating that he hopes to play on Saturday.

The Last Meeting:

Duck Killers:
Jannik Hansen - 15GP, 3G, 8A, 11Pts
Mason Raymond - 19GP, 8G, 5A, 13Pts
Ryan Kesler - 27GP, 11G, 6A, 17Pts

Canuck Killers:
Teemu Selanne - 74GP, 40G, 48A, 88Pts
Corey Perry - 28GP, 9G, 14A, 23Pts
Ryan Getzlaf - 29GP, 9G, 17A, 26Pts

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
I'm hoping Luongo gets the start strictly for nostalgic reasons. It will almost certainly be his last home start and the Ducks seem like the ideal opponent. I'll always remember that dominant performance against the Ducks in his first playoffs here.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Let's hope we get through this one without any injuries. Tonight I am going to have nightmares of that ***** corey perry hanging a leg on kesler and ending our season.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
This should be theist game of the regular season where we try and go all out for the win like we did against Chicago. Need to have confidence we can play like that so it translates into the playoffs.

Said it for the Hawks game so il say it again, surprise me Canucks, surprise me.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
it just has to be luongo starting to give him one final sendoff to the fans

interested to see if the canucks sit any top players after bowness' comments saying they'd explore that possibility...i'd rather the canucks give one final good effort against anaheim and then play the kids against edmonton

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Yeah I think Lou should play against the Ducks. Schneider is going to need rest for the playoffs you know. BTW Keith was such a *** to that female reporter.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
it just has to be luongo starting to give him one final sendoff to the fans

interested to see if the canucks sit any top players after bowness' comments saying they'd explore that possibility...i'd rather the canucks give one final good effort against anaheim and then play the kids against edmonton

Really?

I'm the complete opposite, I'd rather the Canucks rest their top players against the Ducks. Then you can bring them back against the Oilers and try to build a little momentum before heading into the playoffs.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I would expect Schneids to start unless they want to give Lu a game as a send off. Schneider does not need a break as some are saying, he has 2 days of rest which is plenty

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Well remember guys that we have another 2 days off after the Oilers game because the 30th is on Tuesday. If we can finish round 1 early that would be good for the Canucks and Schneider so they can get some rest.

EDIT: It could be three if our game starts on Wednesday.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Hoping Lu starts this one. Would most likely be his last start at Rogers Arena in a Canucks uniform. Meaningless game, why not?

JA

It might be the last time we see Teemu Selanne at Rogers Arena. What a tremendous career.

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
Canucks need to prove to themselves that they can beat the top two teams in the Conference.

One down, one to go. All hands on deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad