Pre-Game Talk: GM 45: Vancouver Canucks vs. Detroit Red Wings - Apr 20 - 7:00PM PST - CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Schneider should play every game until we win the division. I don't care if that is the last game of the season or not. Home ice in the playoffs is everything.

If we had an average back-up goalie I'd agree, but nitpicking and the occasional off-game from either aside, I don't think goaltending has been a consistent problem from either Luongo or Schneider this year. I don't think Schneider really gives them any more of a chance to win than Luongo. Making better decisions with the puck though would do wonders.

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
If we had an average back-up goalie I'd agree, but nitpicking and the occasional off-game from either aside, I don't think goaltending has been a consistent problem from either Luongo or Schneider this year. I don't think Schneider really gives them any more of a chance to win than Luongo. Making better decisions with the puck though would do wonders.

I disagree with you on the Luongo giving us as good as a chance to win as Schneider. I definitely think Schneids gives us a better chance. But I do agree that no matter what goalie is in net, the defense needs to improve.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I disagree with you on the Luongo giving us as good as a chance to win as Schneider. I definitely think Schneids gives us a better chance. But I do agree that no matter what goalie is in net, the defense needs to improve.

I agree. I think Schneider is the better goalie. That doesn't mean Luongo is a bad one.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I am not sure who should really start, honestly i would consider and am leaning toward giving it to lou given we have hawks and the ducks coming up after and the way this team is playing in front of our goalies. If i had some faith that our goalies wont be worked to the gills with our D in front i might not think twice, but given the workload and reliance on them with our current garbage defense..., I think I would give lou detroit and then schneider hawks ducks, and maybe oilers to lou. This is one area i think having two great goalies comes in handy so i wouldnt hesitate to give lou Saturdays games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad