Pre-Game Talk: GM 45: Vancouver Canucks vs. Detroit Red Wings - Apr 20 - 7:00PM PST - CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Philly went to the Cup finals with 6 LHS D. In fact, even all their depth D were LHS. If AV can't make it work then that's his problem and nobody else's.

What hand they are doesn't make a difference, what side they can play and which way they can pivot is what matters.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Go with Luongo, Schneider had a couple of not so great starts lately (Avalanche, Stars) and Luongo has been solid his last two starts. Get Luongo some redemption for the Canucks poor play in front of him the last two starts against Detroit.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Go with Luongo, Schneider had a couple of not so great starts lately (Avalanche, Stars) and Luongo has been solid his last two starts. Get Luongo some redemption for the Canucks poor play in front of him the last two starts against Detroit.

Schneider wasn't the problem in those games you mentioned. The team in front of him didn't show up. I still take Schneider over Luongo.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Schneider wasn't the problem in those games you mentioned. The team in front of him didn't show up. I still take Schneider over Luongo.

He still had a couple goals he'd like to have back, namely the GWG's in both games. He wasn't sharp on the high quality scoring chances last night. Not saying it's all his fault, I'm saying he wasn't sharp.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

I remember this being said on the second go round with Detroit. Aren't we suppose to learn from our mistakes and past failures as human beings? :laugh: :sarcasm:

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
I remember this being said on the second go round with Detroit. Aren't we suppose to learn from our mistakes and past failures as human beings? :laugh: :sarcasm:

So if Schneider gets lit up like last night, it's on the D, but if Luongo gets lit up, it's all on him? Just making sure I understand your double standard. :sarcasm:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

He had the opportunity the second time we faced Detroit. They have Lu's number, would be a bad move to put him in against Detroit again.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
So if Schneider gets lit up like last night, it's on the D, but if Luongo gets lit up, it's all on him? Just making sure I understand your double standard. :sarcasm:

When did I say this? Also, Luongo screwed up his attempt at redemption. Give the vote of confidence to Schneider. He is our goalie for the playoffs, after all.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

Just to get your double standard

I see you blaming Schneids for the losses (or at the very least attributing blame, but when Luongo's games against Detroit are brought up it is on the team's poor play and not on Luongo

interesting ;)

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
ebbett simply cannot play 3c any longer, he wont in the playoffs when higgins returns but the amount of scoring chances that 3rd line is currently giving up is going to get them murdered in the next three games

put roy back as a 3c with kassian and raymond, move up weise with hansen and kesler, and restore some balance back with the offence

and for the love of anything get barker the hell out of there...dress joslin, corrado, bowness, a pylon...anybody but that waste of space...but for his draft position hed be gone from the league years ago, and his continued use reflects very poorly on the canucks organisation

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Just to get your double standard

I see you blaming Schneids for the losses (or at the very least attributing blame, but when Luongo's games against Detroit are brought up it is on the team's poor play and not on Luongo

interesting ;)

Neither did I place the blame for the Stars, Avs games solely at Schneider's feet. I blamed the decisions by the puck carriers, but Schneider also wasn't sharp. The first Detroit game Lu wasn't sharp either, but that was on the mind-blowingly dumb play in front of him. Their play in front of Luongo in the 2nd game was about on par with their play in front of Schneider against the Stars last night.

To say that only Schneider can beat Detroit and Luongo would lead to a loss is to fail to analyze the games and just playing favorites, which is what you are doing.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
ebbett simply cannot play 3c any longer, he wont in the playoffs when higgins returns but the amount of scoring chances that 3rd line is currently giving up is going to get them murdered in the next three games

put roy back as a 3c with kassian and raymond, move up weise with hansen and kesler, and restore some balance back with the offence

and for the love of anything get barker the hell out of there...dress joslin, corrado, bowness, a pylon...anybody but that waste of space...but for his draft position hed be gone from the league years ago, and his continued use reflects very poorly on the canucks organisation

I have no idea why Ebbett is playing and Schroeder isn't. They could be getting Jordan valuable experience right now. It isn't like Ebbett is making an impact and deciding games. I feel it is such a mismanagement of personnel.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation

Agree with everything but Weise. Keep him on the 4th line. Other than that, yes please.

I have no idea why Ebbett is playing and Schroeder isn't. They could be getting Jordan valuable experience right now. It isn't like Ebbett is making an impact and deciding games. I feel it is such a mismanagement of personnel.

Becoming a recurring theme. Not liking that trend.

And yes, just bloody win. Team needs a craniorecotomy.

Lundface*

Agree with everything but Weise. Keep him on the 4th line. Other than that, yes please.

Becoming a recurring theme. Not liking that trend.

And yes, just bloody win. Team needs a craniorecotomy.

I know they are playing poorly and have their deficiencies but is it so bad that you want to remove a piece of their skull AND their rectum???:laugh:

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
I know they are playing poorly and have their deficiencies but is it so bad that you want to remove a piece of their skull AND their rectum???:laugh:

Craniorecotomy: removing one's head out of one's ass. Don't think too hard about it. =\

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Wait... I missed the last couple of games, why on earth is Ebbett on the 3rd line... :huh:

I'm guessing AV wants a playmaker in Roy to get Kesler going on the 2nd line. Sure is puzzling though why MG would go out of his way to pick up another C presumably for the 3rd line, and then AV proceeds to put him on the wing on the 2nd line and leaves the hole at 3C.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Flames doing us a favor tonight, if the Canucks hadn't have choked so badly twice on the road trip we might have been in real good position to get into second place tomorrow. Sigh

Still possible but hope is fleeting, next few games are super key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad