Pre-Game Talk: GM 45: Vancouver Canucks vs. Detroit Red Wings - Apr 20 - 7:00PM PST - CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Philly went to the Cup finals with 6 LHS D. In fact, even all their depth D were LHS. If AV can't make it work then that's his problem and nobody else's.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I just realized our roster consists of 6 left handed-defensemen.

I wouldn't worry about which way the defensemen shoot really. The problem is the Canucks have six LHD who aren't comfortable on the right side. Ehrhoff was a great right-side guy who happened to shoot left. It doesn't really matter that our defensemen are left-handed ... the problem is the vast majority of them look like AHLers when on their off-side.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Philly went to the Cup finals with 6 LHS D. In fact, even all their depth D were LHS. If AV can't make it work then that's his problem and nobody else's.

How is it on AV if our left side D aren't comfortable on the right side or just plain suck when moved there? Shouldn't that be on Gillis? Just because it worked for one team, doesn't mean it automatically should for us too.

yoss

May 25, 2011
When was the last time the Red Wings missed the playoffs? Redemption win would be nice. Plus I'd also like to see Columbus make it in, and a Detroit loss helps the cause.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver

yeah true. but can any of those guys play the right side? even if they were left handed. i remember pronger pairing up with carle. then timonen with coburn. the last pairing was kraijeck and someone else. revolving door.

heres a good article about needing right handed dman. its regarding the flyers.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
These next few games should be a good indication to see how prepared we are for the playoffs.
Detroit is fighting for the 8th seed, and Chicago and Anaheim are the two best teams in the West.

I would not be surprised if things get very physical in these games.

Rotang

Sep 30, 2005
Dallas, TX
So we acquire a center at the deadline to shore up a clear weakness, and then we proceed to convert the newly acquired center to a winger?

It really is mind-boggling when you consider just how bad the third line has performed.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
So we acquire a center at the deadline to shore up a clear weakness, and then we proceed to convert the newly acquired center to a winger?

It really is mind-boggling when you consider just how bad the third line has performed.

I suspect things will go back to normal once Higgins is back. That, or call up Shroeder.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

To be fair, I thought the purpose of acquiring a centre, was to have centre depth, not necessarily have him playing centre, but being there just in case. A lot of teams have poor third line centres, but have guys in their top 6 that can play wing or centre.

imo you have to gauge how the team is doing, if you can have a competent third line without Roy then obviously you stack the second line. If your third line is getting eaten alive, then you gotta move Roy down to stabilize it.

This is why I was advocating for Roy with Kesler, because imo we have an option for a good third line which is Raymond/Schroeder/Hansen. They worked earlier this year, and their main problem was a lack of production, but you have to take into account they were getting second line matchups and playing responsible defensively. In a third line role, I think they could really flourish.

Put Kassian up with Roy and Kesler and see if he compliments their play more than Hansen has and when Higgins returns AV can make the judgement on who stays on the second line.

just an idea

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
If Luongo starts this game, that tells me AV doesn't want to win, or have a chance at least.

Wizeman*

I think the Canucks will make a resounding bounce back game against the wings. Hopefully a statement game.

StringerBell

Facing a desperate team again. Hopefully Schneider isn't the only one who shows up again.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

I like Roy and Kesler together, but yeah - the third line clearly needs Roy more than Kesler does at the moment, IMO.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Schroeder really needs to replace Ebbett.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Roy-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Pinnizzotto-Lapierrre-Weise

Roy replaces Schroeder when Higgins comes back and Raymond moves to the 2nd and Higgins moves where Raymond is.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Kassian
Higgins-Roy-Hansen
Pinnizzotto-Lapierre-Weise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad