Pre-Game Talk: GM 45: Vancouver Canucks vs. Detroit Red Wings - Apr 20 - 7:00PM PST - CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Vancouver Canucks vs. Detroit Red Wings

Canucks' Record: 24-13-7 @ Wings' Record: 20-16-7

WHEN: Saturday, April 20, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: CBC
RADIO: TEAM 1040

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup: (unconfirmed)
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Hansen
Burrows - Kesler - Roy
Raymond - Ebbett - Kassian
Pinizzotto - Lapierre - Weise

Hamhuis - Garrison
Edler - Barker
Ballard - Alberts

Schneider

Detroit Red Wings' Lineup:
To Be Posted.

Game Notes:

The Last Meeting:

Star Killers:
Daniel Sedin - 44GP, 18G, 25A, 43Pts
Henrik Sedin - 46GP, 8G, 34A, 42Pts
Ryan Kesler - 27GP, 7G, 13A, 20Pts

Canuck Killers:
Pavel Datsyuk - 36GP, 9G, 20A, 29Pts
Henrik Zetterberg - 36GP, 13G, 15A, 28Pts
Valteri Filppula - 23GP, 4G, 10A, 14Pts

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
according to this youtube caption, the game ended 1-1. i agree. i remember that tie, that was disappointing. blame the nhl

I don't even know what you're talking about - all I remember was the game being 6 seconds long, and being called on account of the awesome fastest-goal record we set. :D

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
Any chance Canucks are saving Schroeder for the last couple games of the season in hope that he comes out flying like he did last time time right after his call up? I ****ing hope so. Ebbett will be an absolute mis match as 3rd line C. 1. Because he is tiny and 2. Because he is basically useless. Yes Schroeder is small as well but he plays as good if not better defense than Ebbett and is head and shoulders better offensively. Not to mention Schroeder has legit chemistry with Raymond and Hansen!! It just makes sense to rock this during playoffs.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Roy-Kesler-Higgins
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Kassian-Lapierre-Weise

And I don't buy the whole "saving your call ups" bull **** because we just called up Derek ****ing Joslin....

/rant

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
The Canucks really need to do something about that third line. They've been getting absolutely killed since they've been put together.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Prediction: Team comes out flat, gets out played by a hungry Red Wings team, AV doesn't have any answers in the post game presser.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Sedins-Burrows
Lapierre-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Roy-Hansen
Weise-Ebbett-Pinnizotto/Sestito

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Our line-up is super FUBAR'd at the moment. Hansen and Raymond have totally dropped off the face of the Earth, and I think that's partly to do with their earlier-season chemistry being disrupted. Roy should blatantly be at centre, which would solve the issue of Ebbett not having any business on the third line. Cam Barker should be put in a rocket and blasted into orbit.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
The Canucks need a win here for my dream scenario of Columbus getting eighth and Bobrovsky stealing a series against the Hawks to come true. :laugh:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Feel pretty confident that we will have a good showing, a nice bounceback game against a hungry team. Hopefully will be an exciting one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad