Post-Game Talk: GM 44: Leafs def. Canucks - 4-1 (Miller)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
About as expected. Hopefully we will see plans for the future rather than desperation for this forgettable season. FFS, no EP, Hughes maybe at 75% what did anyone expect.

Next year we add Tryamkin, Podkolzin, hopefully Rathbone. Our last year of anchors like overpaid Sutter and next year Beagle, Eriksson and Roussel are gone or take massive pay cuts. I would take Eriksson back on a$1M / 100 K 2 way contract next year for as long as he wants.

Hope spring eternal. We may compete next year. The year after we should be in the mix for sure. If JB doesn't spend to the cap on the usual crap.
giphy.gif

Reactions: PM

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Can't stand a team that doesn't stand up for each other.....

Pathetic.

Give me a team of players that care about each other enough to have each other's back.

This team will never go anywhere as Benning hasn't put together enough players that play the game the right way - with heart.

Remember when Pettersson got rag dolled and the entire f***ing team did squat including Gudbransbitch?

I loved the 2007-2013 version of the Canucks because you would probably see Kesler or Bieksa looking to destroy someone. This team is spineless

Reactions: KingofSurrey

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Can't stand a team that doesn't stand up for each other.....

Pathetic.

Give me a team of players that care about each other enough to have each other's back.

This team will never go anywhere as Benning hasn't put together enough players that play the game the right way - with heart.

The captain/coach has no issue with it, why would anyone else?

Reactions: KingofSurrey

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
A couple of random observations about some of the depth players.

You know it's a real shame that MacEwen hasn't got a bit more ice-time this year. I thought he was skating well tonight, but he just hasn't got enough ice time this season to improve. Bigger guys just seem to need more minutes to find their games.

And with Matthew Highmore, I'm getting definite Jayson Megna vibes. Canucks better hope Gaudette doesn't light it up with Hawks, because it doesn't look to me like they got anything back.

Chicago not disappointed in the deal. They were done with Highmore but he has another year on his contract. If Gaudette doesn't meet their expectations they simply try to trade him again or just don't qualify him. They escape with no negatives.

Benning will have to deal with Highmore. Another body that might have little use but nobody will give him anything for the guy.

Last edited:

KingofSurrey

Jan 15, 2020
in da hood
Fire Green

He has lost the plot and has no clue how to build team chemistry.

Edler deserves better that the left out to dry like that...... Edler has been a warrior for our club over the years and that was a pathetic display by our team.
Players look checked out and that is that is Green's job to get them up for each game.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
The more time players spend with this coaching staff, the worse they get. The creative all star rookies take about a year to be ground into plugs, the vets coming from well oiled teams like Schmidt look immediately lost. Only OG's like Tanev and Bo managed to keep pace.

So Edler took a pop in the face, boo hoo, big guy has had an entire career to learn to stand up for himself and others. Had it coming ever since he asked Keith about his day after concussing Danny. Could have justifiably been on the other end of that mismatch, just stood there. Been on my **** list ever since, not a bad player, but when you don't step up, others will do the same when your time comes.

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
Have to give it to Edler for dropping the gloves, answering the bell, and burring i=his face in Simmons knees. Times sure have changed. Edler gets respect, but even if non fighter Jiri Slegr would have done tat he'd have been lambasted. Love the new NHL...high ticket prices and chances of no goals, no hits, goals or fights. Great entertainment value.

bertuzzi2bure

Apr 14, 2021
the simmonds edler fight really wasnt a big deal. there is more to be upset about than 6'3 edler needing to fight someone. simmonds obviously is more experienced but its not like hes lucic. relax. although i agree the team is a bunch of p***yes. but not because of that.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
A 2nd Canuck tells you post COVID affects are eating these guys. It's both goalies saying these things now. Everbody still trying to blame things on guys not giving a full effort (including desperate Green) need to give your head several shakes. They are flat out diminished by the side effects of a vicious microbe that knows no mercy and it's mutated strains are worse than the original.
Exactly this. That they play like crap is to be expected. Many of them won't be 100% until the season is over. Then add the ridiculous schedule to catch up.

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
Big freaking deal. Edler gets punched in the helmet about 5 times. What's tougher Simmonds knuckles or Edler's helmet. Wow! Edler's helmet really payed for it's dirty hit on Hyman!

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Jim Benning saying
What in earth does this org see in Jalen Chatfield? It’s mind numbing.
Jim Benning saying earlier this season that Jalen Chatfield reminds him of Chris Tanev, while posters in Utica saying he looked more like Jason Herter when he played there.

Brogan Rafferty wracked almost 50 points in the AHL last season; and Madison Bowey actually played in the NHL last season. But apparently neither is as good a right-shot d-man as Chatfield.

It really makes you realize why Benning has dropped the ball so many times in acquiring d-men. He couldn't assess an NHL-ready d-man if he was embedded in his taco.

But I suppose after a steady parade of Sbisa, Gudbranson, Pouliot, Pedan, Clendening, Larsen, Del Zotto, Bartkowski...etc...etc.....nothing should surprise us any more.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Jim Benning saying

Jim Benning saying earlier this season that Jalen Chatfield reminds him of Chris Tanev, while posters in Utica saying he looked more like Jason Herter when he played there.

Brogan Rafferty wracked almost 50 points in the AHL last season; and Madison Bowey actually played in the NHL last season. But apparently neither is as good a right-shot d-man as Chatfield.

It really makes you realize why Benning has dropped the ball so many times in acquiring d-men. He couldn't assess an NHL-ready d-man if he was embedded in his taco.

But I suppose after a steady parade of Sbisa, Gudbranson, Pouliot, Pedan, Clendening, Larsen, Del Zotto, Bartkowski...etc...etc.....nothing should surprise us any more.
Stecher & to a lesser extent Schenn were good acquisitions. Course they aren't part of the organization anymore because Benning had better players to replace them.:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad