Post-Game Talk: GM 44: Leafs def. Canucks - 4-1 (Miller)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: April 29, 2021, 2:30PM PST
WHERE: Scotiabank Arena, Toronto, ON
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650
608a05f1e0a43.image.jpg

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed)

Pearson - Horvat - Boeser
Hoglander - Miller - MacEwen
Motte - Sutter - Hawyrluk
Highmore - Boyd - Virtanen

Edler - Schmidt
Hughes - Hamonic
Myers - Juolevi

Holtby

MOD WARNING:
A reminder to everyone that blanketed attacks at groups of people are Flaming, and are not permitted as per the Site Rules. So posts such as "all Benning supporters are idiots", "all Benning haters are children", "this board is petulant", etc. will be treated as Flaming. Please adhere to the Site Rules. If anyone wishes to read them, they can be found here: Terms of Service and Rules | HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League

Relax, have fun, and Go Canucks Go!

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Honestly felt bad for the team yesterday. They clearly didn't have the legs. Now another game in 24 hours. Oh boy...here we go.

Need to start rotating players in and out on these back to backs. If Green's mantra is that he'll ice the line-up that gives them the best chance to win, he'll need fresh legs.

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'll say again - the Canuck to me who looks like he needs a break the most is Quinn Hughes. I think he needs a rest.

Also, Green really needs to distribute the ice time better amongst his players. I get that he's playing to win, but he's going to run his top guys into the ground and they're going to get hurt.

IMO.

Here's hoping Holtby has another big night.

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
Picked up Bo for Fantasy w/ the 4 game set against the sens. He looked gassed and disinterested last night, I'll keep him in tonight and hopefully he catches a spark.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I don't think Rathbone is in the plans this year. Personally would have rested Hughes or Edler since they look dog tired.

I get that Chatfield's game is all hustle and energy, so maybe that's why he draws in over Juolevi (I still wouldn't do that, personally) - but Rathbone is healthy and rested, and much like Lind, could provide the team with an offensive shot in the arm.

Reactions: Canuckle1970

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I get that Chatfield's game is all hustle and energy, so maybe that's why he draws in over Juolevi (I still wouldn't do that, personally) - but Rathbone is healthy and rested, and much like Lind, could provide the team with an offensive shot in the arm.

Oh for sure. Why not give Rathbone a look down the stretch here? We know what we have with Juolevi and Chatfield at this point; and it does not move the needle much in future plans. Green seems stubborn or afraid of change. Same personnel, same lines, same gameplan we seen for 4 years now. It's just going to look worse down the stretch since he will be trying to auditioning for a new job or extension and will heavily lean on the vets.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'll say again - the Canuck to me who looks like he needs a break the most is Quinn Hughes. I think he needs a rest.

Also, Green really needs to distribute the ice time better amongst his players. I get that he's playing to win, but he's going to run his top guys into the ground and they're going to get hurt.

IMO.

This is such a big thing for me right now. I want to be sympathetic towards any players who are struggling with post-covid issues right now. But on the other hand, why is the coach hammering minutes onto these players in a game that is out-of-hand when they play the next night? Why is he not rotating his lineup more?

The only logical answers are that Green is just doing whatever he can to scrape together some wins here at the expense of the health of his players. Or.. maybe the players are generally feeling fine and are just playing bad some nights because they are just a bad team?

I kind of lean towards the 2nd option right now. I don't think it's really a coincidence that the players who have been working hard all season like Motte & Hoglander are still working hard right now and getting results, while the inconsistent guys like Miller, Myers, and Hughes are still putting in inconsistent efforts with a mixed bag of results.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Made my prediction on Monday with 15 games left that we'd win 3-4 of them and set the over/under at 4. 0-2 since then. The schedule is just too insane and coaching staff is unwittingly playing into it in the worst way.

In theory we lose this one, but Toronto's goaltending is awful enough to give us a few breaks and they're on a back to back as well. There's a chance. Hopefully we at least manage to keep it close.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Shots on goal 47-15 for the Leafs.
High danger chances 23-3 for th Leafs.
Score 7-3

sting101

Feb 8, 2012

IMO.

if ever there was a time for 1-2-3-4 Willie it should be now. A 5th line should be rotating in every game also

Reactions: Hit the post

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Made my prediction on Monday with 15 games left that we'd win 3-4 of them and set the over/under at 4. 0-2 since then. The schedule is just too insane and coaching staff is unwittingly playing into it in the worst way.

In theory we lose this one, but Toronto's goaltending is awful enough to give us a few breaks and they're on a back to back as well. There's a chance. Hopefully we at least manage to keep it close.
Leafs are usually lazy on the second night of the B2B, and the big sieve dave starts tonight. I believe the game will be very close, and Canucks may be able to win this one :popcorn:

Last edited:

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
why aren't rathbone, Lind and juolevi getting regular icetime ffs. I hope we get a little ventilated and everyone finally accepts that this season is done. Leafs owe us a little payback after losing to us.

Reactions: bh53

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
why aren't rathbone, Lind and juolevi getting regular icetime ffs. I hope we get a little ventilated and everyone finally accepts that this season is done. Leafs owe us a little payback after losing to us.

Juolevi sucks and skates like me.
Rathbone is further down the depth chart than people on HF want to admit.

Lind is playing tonight and because it’s his first game , every time he touches the puck someone will post something positive about him.

Reactions: Paulinbc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad