GDT: Gm 44: Ducks at Sharks, @ 7:30pm Pacific

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
What the hell is crash the pond and why does everyone keep talking about it lol

It's an Anaheim Ducks podcast that used to be a part of SB Nation's Anaheim Calling blog site. Because of a stupid new California law banning gig jobs, California free lance writers couldn't be kept on unless they were full employees with benefits. The podcasters had to rename their podcast and it's now called Crash the Pond, usually it's two guys Felix and Jake, but there's a third guy too. Their focus is mostly on high end pretend stats and doesn't see players as people. They hate GM Murray, and that's putting it lightly. heh

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's an Anaheim Ducks podcast that used to be a part of SB Nation's Anaheim Calling blog site. Because of a stupid new California law banning gig jobs, California free lance writers couldn't be kept on unless they were full employees with benefits. The podcasters had to rename their podcast and it's now called Crash the Pond, usually it's two guys Felix and Jake, but there's a third guy too. Their focus is mostly on high end pretend stats and doesn't see players as people. They hate GM Murray, and that's putting it lightly. heh

I didn't like the comment from Felix on the Getzlaf potential trade. Saying something like Getzlaf should have been willing to move regardless of the return. Getz is more valuable to this team staying here and mentoring the kids, than getting an uncertain pick, in an uncertain draft.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Excellent summation. I like analytics, but these guys take them far too seriously. It's almost like a spread sheet or graph can tell you more than watching the games.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I didn't like the comment from Felix on the Getzlaf potential trade. Saying something like Getzlaf should have been willing to move regardless of the return. Getz is more valuable to this team staying here and mentoring the kids, than getting an uncertain pick, in an uncertain draft.
I mean for all intense and purposes wasn’t he 100% resigning here

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I mean for all intense and purposes wasn’t he 100% resigning here

Yeah I get the business part of it, but it's like he was almost mad Getzlaf wasn't traded and because he held all the cards and should have been more open to be traded. I take what most things are said on twitter with a grain of salt, and people say things just to say things. I could be wrong but that is how I took the tweets.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Saw a tweet from Sicard lately where he mentioned Hakanpää was a disappointing acquisition (or something like that). Maybe he's tweeting from a parallel universe and due to glitch in the Matrix his tweets travel here? Who knows.

If he had turned out to be a mediocre 7/8 guy, that still wouldn't have been a disappointing acquisition. Bizarre statement for sure, considering the minimal investment.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
If he had turned out to be a mediocre 7/8 guy, that still wouldn't have been a disappointing acquisition. Bizarre statement for sure, considering the minimal investment.
Or maybe he just said that he had a bad season. I can't be bothered to look it up again but I saw it during the trade deadline after he was traded.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
Yeah I get the business part of it, but it's like he was almost mad Getzlaf wasn't traded and because he held all the cards and should have been more open to be traded. I take what most things are said on twitter with a grain of salt, and people say things just to say things. I could be wrong but that is how I took the tweets.
If I were a player and wanted my career to all be in one sweater, I wouldn't want to be traded at the deadline either. I'd rather he stay as captain depth player.

Reactions: Leonardo87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad