GDT: Gm 44: Ducks at Sharks, @ 7:30pm Pacific

Status
Not open for further replies.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Always count on the ducks to put together a win streak at the very end of the season when we are so close to first overall draft pick
Like clockwork.

Death
Taxes
The Ducks boning their own draft chances.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
You don't want an oilers culture around here that takes years to recover from.... Or McDavid/Drai

This draft is a crap shoot anyways.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Like clockwork.

Death
Taxes
The Ducks boning their own draft chances.
This is a bit overreacted I feel. When else we have really went on big win-streaks at the end of the season when we are out of the playoffs? Last year a bit I guess, but that is only normal given that our roster is really not THAT bad as the Buffalo, Red Wings, Senators and similar. So in the longer the real bad ones sink further.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
77FDAB34-79AF-4A57-8FA5-1C00673F9535.gif

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
they're really gonna go on a winning streak and play themselves out of a high draft pick aren't they.....
"The same procedure as every year, James."

It doesn't matter too much, though. This year's draft looks like a crapshoot even at the very top. And it's always nice to win against the Sharks and the Kings.

Reactions: Terry Yake
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Reading the Sharks board is depressing
I was prepared to really wallow in some schadenfreude but you're right, it just feels kinda sad.

I mean we're a beatable team that took 3 straight critical games from them, by blowout scores, in their building, and the best they could do was kinda sorta mug Troy Terry. That's brutal.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
I was prepared to really wallow in some schadenfreude but you're right, it just feels kinda sad.

I mean we're a beatable team that took 3 straight critical games from them, by blowout scores, in their building, and the best they could do was kinda sorta mug Troy Terry. That's brutal.
It appears to be salt, depression and (weirdly) Barclay Goodrow.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Grant with 6 points in his last 6 games, 8 in his last 10. Starting to play like the Grant we all loved last season. He is pacing for nearly 3rd line numbers. Good stuff !

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
When the Ducks are skating around you like they are the Tampa Bay Lightning, then there is an issue. How many years do Burns and Karlsson have on their deals? Damn. Ducks are a 13-2 in goal differential against the last 3 games vs SJ.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Noticed drysdale has been killing penalties the past couple games.

Hmmm

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Grant with 6 points in his last 6 games, 8 in his last 10. Starting to play like the Grant we all loved last season. He is pacing for nearly 3rd line numbers. Good stuff !

He's finally back to form. When he returned from injury, he didn't have the same jump that he had when we made our 4th line play 2nd line minutes to play against the opponent's top lines.

The same thing happened to Manson last season. He was boss early in the season until he got injured. He was supposed to be out like 8-10 weeks, but he rushed back onto the ice in 6 weeks. Manson didn't look the same, was slow; it was as if he saw things he used to do, but his body did not want to cooperate.

Damned injuries!

I think this is why the team wants to shut down Lindholm from returning this season to fully recover than to cause a re-injury to his wrist or a new injury because he body won't respond to his mind.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
In our last 10 games, we're 5-4-1. All the wins came against teams faltering trying to get into the playoffs. Three games with the Sharks. Two games with the Blues. In those 5 wins, the Ducks scored 20 goals and gave up 5 goals. Holy crap! That's a +15 goal differential!

The other 5 games were against the Avs and Yotes. Three games against the Avs and two games against the Yotes. In those 5 losses, the Ducks scored 9 goals and gave up 18 goals. Ugh. That's a -9 goal differential.

Guess that's the difference in opponent talents. We're facing VGK next. Maybe we can carry over the momentum after these past two games against the Sharks with VGK.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Noticed drysdale has been killing penalties the past couple games.

Hmmm
He’s very mature for his age.... positioning and skating is top notch... he also doesn’t get knocked off the puck in board battles or net front battles like Fowler. I trust drysdale on pk and important scenarios more than anyone on the defense outside of lindholm. He’s been that good

Reactions: Deuce22

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
As a Canes fan, it's fun to watch how our former players are doing. Hopefully Fleury has a similar impact to what Volkov has given you guys. Sometimes really good and deep teams like Tampa and us just have odd men out from time-to-time, and it doesn't mean that they're not talented hockey players.
I’m hoping fluery can be despres 2.0 minus the injuries. Volkov kinda reminds me of comtois in the sense he goes to the dirty areas with his stick down and scores a lot of goals within 10 feet of the goal. Idk if that is common for him, but so far it’s been paying off

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
What the hell is crash the pond and why does everyone keep talking about it lol

Reactions: Terry Yake
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad