Post-Game Talk: GM 43 | Sens def. Canucks - 6-3 (Myers, Virtanen, Sutter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
You really have a chip on your shoulder, eh?

Appreciating the difference between the 2014-2017 era when our management team stepped on every rake within a 20 mile radius, and the period since when we have accrued Petey, Hughes, Miller, Schmidt, Hoglander, Rathbone, Podkolzin, Pearson (for Gudbranson) and seeing that there is a core and something to build hope around is not the same as 'accepting mediocrity'.

We are in a league of 31 (soon to be 32) teams. Yes, we spent 3 years there being truly awful and basically without direction. We now have a strong young core, and our window opens in earnest the year after next when we lose a lot of dead weight contracts.
No chip. I just give people the same energy they’re giving.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I wonder if it has anything to do with relentless losing and managerial incompetence????????
I'm not asking fans to be as positive as they were in 2011 when we were winning President's trophies. I'm asking for a little bit of nuance. Maybe acknowledging that everything isn't awful and that there are reasons for hope.

Within that spectrum, you can still rant all you want about all of the awful contracts, etc.

But teenagers on this board think they are better hockey evaluators than Green and Benning combined. They frequently use post-hoc analysis and step away from their bad takes of the past, while drawing really uncharitable conclusions and then becoming irate about scenarios that they have made up in their head.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I admit that I no longer watch every single game. I still love watching the Canucks, but I have 1/3 of an acre property, and young family to tend to. If the Vancouver Canuck organization wants to continue with the current management and roster "year after year", that is fine, but I will no longer make them a priority, until the necessary changes are made. I rather go out and enjoy the Okanagan sunshine, until this team decides to jump out of mediocrity.

Ottawa already has a way better future than us and they are only a few years into the rebuild.

Anyways I am glad that I missed this game.

Go Canucks...

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
I'm not asking fans to be as positive as they were in 2011 when we were winning President's trophies. I'm asking for a little bit of nuance. Maybe acknowledging that everything isn't awful and that there are reasons for hope.

Within that spectrum, you can still rant all you want about all of the awful contracts, etc.

But teenagers on this board think they are better hockey evaluators than Green and Benning combined. They frequently use post-hoc analysis and step away from their bad takes of the past, while drawing really uncharitable conclusions and then becoming irate about scenarios that they have made up in their head.
Just look at the record.....Benning has been a dismal failure. There is no need for nuance.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
No chip. I just give people the same energy they’re giving.
Ah yes, the ol' "I lack personal accountability thing."

When I'm a jerk it isn't my fault. It's the fault of whoever upset me.

People really tend to grow and improve when they refuse to take personal accountability for the way they treat other people.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018

People really tend to grow and improve when they refuse to take personal accountability for the way they treat other people.
Not sure if you realize how “holier than thou” this post (the post not the poster) comes across.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013

Coping hard as if you didn’t walk in here w moral superiority and implications that everyone here was inferior because of their beliefs on a hockey team

Good try mate

You totally weren’t the first poster. I started it. 150 IQ shining through again.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
stay strong POM. It's a highly unusual set of circumstances right now. It will settle down and the group will be better for it
To be honest, while it's difficult to watch, I would argue that our record from here on out is basically immaterial.

Our team is dealing with the after-effects of, and corresponding ridiculous schedule, of a once in a generation pandemic.

If we lose every game from here on out it will be frustrating, but it won't really move the needle for me in terms of my assessment of the team and its overall direction.

Reactions: sting101

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Not sure how someone can come in acting superior and then play victim as if they didn’t initiate lmao

Someone’s hurt.

Reactions: CherryToke

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Not sure if you realize how “holier than thou” this post (the post not the poster) comes across.
He's sarcastically saying I'm obviously 150 IQ etc. I said it seems like he has a chip on his shoulder. He then says that it's my fault he responded that way. I don't think I was necessarily off base.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Not sure how someone can come in acting superior and then play victim as if they didn’t initiate lmao

Someone’s hurt.
This says it all. You're hoping that I'm offended and upset. It seems like you would be happier if my day was ruined by this. It's a negative energy.

I realize I'm upsetting the applecart of constant negativity by suggesting that maybe there's room for something other than doom and gloom on these boards, but constant, myopic, polarizing negativity gets tiresome.

Reactions: sting101

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
This says it all. You're hoping that I'm offended and upset. It seems like you would be happier if my day was ruined by this. It's a negative energy.

I realize I'm upsetting the applecart of constant negativity by suggesting that maybe there's room for something other than doom and gloom on these boards, but constant, myopic, polarizing negativity gets tiresome.
Yup, that’s definitely it.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
He's sarcastically saying I'm obviously 150 IQ etc. I said it seems like he has a chip on his shoulder. He then says that it's my fault he responded that way. I don't think I was necessarily off base.
Fair enough. I agree with him. You’re pulling the holier then thou card because your account is 20 years old. Then playing dumb why you think it got worse when the team got worse.

I think the board moderation contributes to the state of things here but I appreciate it’s harder than it seems like it should be.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
So how many more Toffoli situations before we admit the front office is useless?

How many more seasons of getting caved in 5v5?

How many more seasons of not making the playoffs?

How many more seasons 0f finishing at the bottom of the league?

Yeah the record going forward is immaterial because there's plenty of evidence of incompetence and futility already amassed.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Fair enough. I agree with him. You’re pulling the holier then thou card because your account is 20 years old. Then playing dumb why you think it got worse when the team got worse.

I think the board moderation contributes to the state of things here but I appreciate it’s harder than it seems like it should be.
I'm not playing dumb with respect to the morale here getting worse. It's all about proportionality though.

I have seen a plethora of posts that call anyone who dares defend a single move by the current regime a 'Benning Bro". I have also seen posts that equate "Benning Bros" with Trump supporters.

It's just a bunch of reductive, ad hominem stuff and it absolutely kills discussion unless it follows the party line to a T.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I'm not playing dumb with respect to the morale here getting worse. It's all about proportionality though.

I have seen a plethora of posts that call anyone who dares defend a single move by the current regime a 'Benning Bro". I have also seen posts that equate "Benning Bros" with Trump supporters.

It's just a bunch of reductive, ad hominem stuff and it absolutely kills discussion unless it follows the party line to a T.
I haven’t read those terms in months.

My impression is you only come here to complain and don’t provide anything you’re suggesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad