Post-Game Talk: GM 43 | Sens def. Canucks - 6-3 (Myers, Virtanen, Sutter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
good post.

Way to step up.

it's been a tough year top to bottom. Still a lot of mistakes and failures that could have been avoided and need to be answered for.
I don't disagree. I'm not pollyannaish and thinking that our management and ownership have been great. I just have no time for the absolute lack of nuance on these boards. It's all, 'management is both stupid and evil'. It's relentlessly, and needlessly, polarizing.

Nov 1, 2011
Guess Boeser is going to be traded. Personally I’d like to see a new GM and new coaching staff who can actually develop players before really leaning into the young core.

As long as we get a 2023 1st as part of the package and a talented young prospect or two.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Green has had an awful year but his GM set him up for failure with a pissed off and depleted roster.

Frankly seeing him with any emotion is good given how soft and gracious this team has been as losers this year. His acceptance is part to blame and his inability to light a fire in some of these players has been a colossal failure.

Virtanen Juolevi and MacEwen should have been useful. He was so quick to crush them they have to be done with Travis and are pretty much in the just need a fresh start category. You can see what that has done for a player like Sam Bennett and others around the league.

The start of the year was brutal. No one knew what the hell they were doing and this persisted for way too long when some adjustments could have lowered the pressure on the GK and D.

The 1st unit PP slogging through 1 1/2 minutes has been a failure and is a massive disrespect to the 2nd tier scorers on the team. We've honestly looked like the greedy Leafs of a couple years ago where the soldiers of that team were completely brushed off from any opportunity to contribute and they didn't. That team looked more talented but disjointed just as we have

Lots of things have gone wrong but at the end of the day players coaches and managers are paid to perform. It's been a year of failure and that should be reflected in change
Our power should be better even without EP on the roster. When you have an offensive talent like Hughes at the point and a legit sniper like Boeser, the PP should be ranked higher.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
“I don’t have time for these boards yet I’m here anyways parading my moral superiority because I accept mediocrity and being a loser”
Do you know the idiom "I don't have time for (X)"?

Meaning, I struggle to tolerate it. Not, I literally am so busy that I have no time.

And to be honest, I was here first. I have seen this board degrade from a really insightful, evenhanded board from 2002-2013 or so into the cult of (often ignorant) negativity that it has become. It's really frustrating and disappointing that I check hfboards nearly everyday, and yet I barely even look at the Canucks board because it's just so relentlessly playing the same sour note.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I don't disagree. I'm not pollyannaish and thinking that our management and ownership have been great. I just have no time for the absolute lack of nuance on these boards. It's all, 'management is both stupid and evil'. It's relentlessly, and needlessly, polarizing.
i agree which is why i gave you props. The incessant negativity and ripping on even some of our quality heart and soul players wants to make me puke sometimes.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Our power should be better even without EP on the roster. When you have an offensive talent like Hughes at the point and a legit sniper like Boeser, the PP should be ranked higher.
Its been a casual one unit show.

The time the 2nd unit has gotten has been pathetic last 25 seconds coming from behind our own net. Last year the 2nd unit was a legit threat and kept the 1st units pace and intensity more accountable and competitive

Reactions: Hit the post

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Hughes was +14 on the 2017-18 Michigan team. His defense certainly needs a lot of work, but fact checking is useful.

Hahahahajajaja this is awesome. Thanks for proving my point. 8 years of amateur and pro hockey and he’s had 1 year as a plus player. Great argument to hang your hat on lol.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
“I don’t have time for these boards yet I’m here anyways parading my moral superiority because I accept mediocrity and being a loser”

No point trying to make sense. I get flack because “I’m constantly ripping...” THE WORST TEAM IN THE NHL (cumatively) IN THE LAST 7 YEARS.

sorry I’m not ok with being a f***ing laughing stock for decades.

Reactions: VibinCanuck

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

Meaning, I struggle to tolerate it. Not, I literally am so busy that I have no time.

And to be honest, I was here first. I have seen this board degrade from a really insightful, evenhanded board from 2002-2013 or so into the cult of (often ignorant) negativity that it has become. It's really frustrating and disappointing that I check hfboards nearly everyday, and yet I barely even look at the Canucks board because it's just so relentlessly playing the same sour note.
Not sure why you’re explaining the definition as if that changes the validity of what I said? Like you don’t tolerate it so my point still stands of asking why you’re here then if it bothers you so much?

Did you ever consider that it’s negative because we are shit? I know you’re a very smart - likely 150+ IQ - individual so I feel like you should be able to 1+1 here.

It’s so funny to me how there’s people like this in every fanbase. There’s people who accepted mediocrity during Colangelo’s Raptors days before Ujiri took over for that garbage. I’ve seen top tier management, coaching, ownership with the Raptors the past 8 years; I’ve seen the opposite from the Canucks.

Chelsea fires their legend manager for a month of poor results after 17 unbeaten because it was mediocre and now we are playing in a semi final, final, and skyrocketed up the league table.

There’s actually a very small amount of people who are negative regardless - like Johnny Canucker even though he has good intentions.

I’m negative here because we are dogshit. I’m positive on raptors boards because I saw that Ujiri could lead us to a title. And he did.

Stop w/ the stupid generalizations lmao

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Its been a casual one unit show.

The time the 2nd unit has gotten has been pathetic last 25 seconds coming from behind our own net. Last year the 2nd unit was a legit threat and kept the 1st units pace and intensity more accountable and competitive
I’ll cut a LITTLE slack because of the lack of practice time this season (for obvious reasons). Still, it would also mean the opposition would have less time to work out strategies in playing against our power play as well.

If anything, it shows just how good Demko is as I would’ve guess he would’ve been impacted the most by the limited time he’s probably had with Clark (given how green he is).

Reactions: sting101

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Factor the post covid effects, and the schedule...I think that there is a distinct possibility that the Canucks lose every single game from here on in... right to the end of the season.
Who they play going forward is irrelevant..There's nothing left in the tank to give, and the schedule compounds the problem.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Losing to Ottawa again and still no one getting fired.

This team is getting to be a joke.

It seems incompetence is accepted here.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Losing to Ottawa again and still no one getting fired.

This team is getting to be a joke.

It seems incompetence is accepted here.
Losing to Ottawa does not have the same panache as it used to...Were'nt you calling them an AHL team not that long ago?
They're a good team now...

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Waaaaaah. Waaaaaaah.

Teams blown out. Heat map looks like every other heat map ever.

The media love Green. He’s a terrible coach. He’s a bench manager not a coach.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I have made up my mind not to blame the team the rest of this morbid year. They deserve some slack getting the variant and coming back half dead pretty much knowing they will get shelled every night with an inhumane schedule. I did not expect them to run the table after beating the leafs twice, nor do I believe losing to the sens 3 of 4 is indicative of a bottom barrel team. I'm not the biggest fan of Green, but this is lose lose from the get go. The only one that deserves to be fired to the moon is the owner and GM not stepping up for the players.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Factor the post covid effects, and the schedule...I think that there is a distinct possibility that the Canucks lose every single game from here on in... right to the end of the season.
Who they play going forward is irrelevant..There's nothing left in the tank to give, and the schedule compounds the problem.
Don't be so dramatic we'll win games.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012

I wonder if it has anything to do with relentless losing and managerial incompetence????????

Reactions: Jeremy2020

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Not sure why you’re explaining the definition as if that changes the validity of what I said? Like you don’t tolerate it so my point still stands of asking why you’re here then if it bothers you so much?

Did you ever consider that it’s negative because we are shit? I know you’re a very smart - likely 150+ IQ - individual so I feel like you should be able to 1+1 here.

It’s so funny to me how there’s people like this in every fanbase. There’s people who accepted mediocrity during Colangelo’s Raptors days before Ujiri took over for that garbage. I’ve seen top tier management, coaching, ownership with the Raptors the past 8 years; I’ve seen the opposite from the Canucks.

Chelsea fires their legend manager for a month of poor results after 17 unbeaten because it was mediocre and now we are playing in a semi final, final, and skyrocketed up the league table.

There’s actually a very small amount of people who are negative regardless - like Johnny Canucker even though he has good intentions.

I’m negative here because we are dogshit. I’m positive on raptors boards because I saw that Ujiri could lead us to a title. And he did.

Stop w/ the stupid generalizations lmao

You really have a chip on your shoulder, eh?

Appreciating the difference between the 2014-2017 era when our management team stepped on every rake within a 20 mile radius, and the period since when we have accrued Petey, Hughes, Miller, Schmidt, Hoglander, Rathbone, Podkolzin, Pearson (for Gudbranson) and seeing that there is a core and something to build hope around is not the same as 'accepting mediocrity'.

We are in a league of 31 (soon to be 32) teams. Yes, we spent 3 years there being truly awful and basically without direction. We now have a strong young core, and our window opens in earnest the year after next when we lose a lot of dead weight contracts.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
7 goals in 68 games in the KHL.

yup, he’s gonna save the franchise.

Reid Boucher:
24G/24A/48 Pts in 51 KHL GP
Playoff numbers:
8/9/17 in 21GP #4 scorer in the playoffs and played for the KHL Cup winner.

If Podkolzin is a top 6 Canuck, where does Boucher belong? He is a superstar in the same league that Podkolzin is not anywhere near such. Legitimate question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad