Post-Game Talk: GM 43 | Sens def. Canucks - 6-3 (Myers, Virtanen, Sutter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: April 28, 2021, 2:30PM PST
WHERE: Canadian Tire Center, Ottawa, ON
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650
24974851_web1_210426-CPW-Canucks-Senators-goalie_1.jpg

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed)

Pearson - Horvat - Boeser
Hoglander - Miller - Vesey
Motte - Sutter - Hawyrluk
Highmore - Boyd - Virtanen

Edler - Schmidt
Hughes - Hamonic
Myers - Juolevi

Holtby

Relax, have fun, and Go Canucks Go!​

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
They already need to go 10-4 to even a have a prayer of making it into the playoffs. That's assuming Calgary and Montreal go .400 which won't happen.

Dropping 2 games to the Sens really killed whatever chance they had...especially when you factor the schedule and opposition they have left. They have matched up pretty horribly against the Jets and Oilers. Fatigue has already set in and they are now going into a grueling schedule.

The smart thing would be to play Utica players and prospects to see what you got. Though I can see Green trying to preserve his own value by trying to win as many games as possible with a veteran loaded squad. I don't blame Green either, he is not under contract for next year, needs to find a new team to sign with in the off-season and owes this franchise nothing.

Fault lies on the idiotic owner and GM.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
He has to play Lind or Rathbone soon right?

RIGHT?!

You're airing the definitive statement /question. Your guess is as good as anyone's. Rafferty has been with the team since training camp. He's played 1 game.

Brisebois and Sautner were called up from AHL teams like Lind. Brisebois played in 1 game. Sautner has yet to play, but has enjoyed a seat in the Taxi.

Rathbone had a window seat for much of the season and called shotgun on his recall.

Rathbone is still in the Cab, but Lind has been elevated to the roster. Maybe Lind gets first dibs on game day roster over the Bone.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Hoping TG will play lind boner bigmac and juolevi

Hope springs eternal, eh?

I hoped Mikey would get sent down for weeks. He finally did and the Comets have 11 games left. He just cleared quarantine. Won't play tonight and Cull hopes he might be able to go Friday.

"We know in the AHL that it is day-by-day." ..... Coach Cull.
He said this when asked when Mikey might play.

The Benning talking point apparently was issued throughout the organization to all who might speak to the media. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
You do know the alcohol is twice as expensive in BC as in the US ...?

So that means they are making twice as much. Right?

Besides you have to make the kind of money that easily affords it to even live in BC. My wife and I live comfortably on our combined pensions and social security checks. Sold our old house and bought an almost brand new one with the sale of the old one and an affordable mortgage that we will be dead long before it's paid off. We have a small nest egg and good medical insurance.

I was a teacher/coach and she was an Asst. librarian at different levels of the school system over her career. I would be close to poverty level if I moved to BC and this was to be my income.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Watching the last game, it was clear that these guys are still feeling the after effects of covid..They are going to have to keep the shifts short, and not get hemmed in , (and gasping for air) in their own zone.
Also, they should just get shots on goal, instead of making the picture perfect 'set up' play..Ottawa was better in this regard..going straight to net (good things happen).
Demko starts ...hopefully, he's feeling better..He didnt seem 100% last game...especially in the 1st period.

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad