Post-Game Talk: GM 43: Blues def. Canucks - 2-1 (Shootout)

Status
Not open for further replies.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Some of you need to calm down.

third game in 4 nights and the blues could only score 1 on the canucks at home, and had to win in a shootout.

vector209

Jan 7, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Watching how Mike Green's return to form has jump started the Caps, turning them into a threat to score again, one has to wonder just how much this team is missing a puck moving defenseman.

Gillis should seriously consider trying to bring Ehrhoff back this summer.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Problem is, STL knows they can beat us and out class us, and out tough us now. They played their style, and played it to a tee. First time playing a playoff team in ages, and we lose. We are barely squeaking out wins against the garbage teams in the league, we score 1 goal against a low seed playoff team. This doesnt look promising.

Raymond has been invisable for a month, so has Hansen

Roy was brutal tonight, worst game as a canuck.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Only caught the last 10 minutes of the third. I thought the team looked good, but whoevever gave the puck away to JBo needs to get smacked.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
On the second half of a back to back against a desperate team, I am happy to get the point. I was also pretty pleased with our emotional response in this game; Blues tried to assert their dominance physically, and the Canucks made them fight for every inch.

Way too much of Barker and Ebbett tonight, but they tried their best.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Watching how Mike Green's return to form has jump started the Caps, turning them into a threat to score again, one has to wonder just how much this team is missing a puck moving defenseman.

Gillis should seriously consider trying to bring Ehrhoff back this summer.

I absolutely love Ehrhoff, but didn't he sign a 13 year contract? I just can't see Gillis bringing back Ehrhoff after what has happened with Luongo and his massive contract. I have much more faith in Lu to to play the majority of his contract when compared to Ehrhoff.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
3rd game in 4 nights, they looked fairly gassed yet I thought they had nice pushback after the Blues tied it. The Sedins and Schneider look ready for the playoffs, hopefully the other guys will follow their lead. Didn't like the 3rd line tonight and don't like having Roy on the wing for this reason. Looking forward to Higgins getting back so we can roll 3 good lines.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
The Canucks look as good if not better than the team that went to the finals.. I'll reserve judgement until the playoffs.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Seriously people need to use their brains. Sometimes I get so angry after shootout losses because they are so frustrating, but the fact of the matter is the Canucks did not LOSE the hockey game. They tied the game under tough circumstances, and this game would probably still be in overtime if this is the playoffs.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Great game tonight guys. I would love a playoff series because the games would be insane.

Kassian seems like a guy who is waiting to really bust out. He seems like a guy who could be a lot like David Backes is for us, which would be scary for the rest of the West.

Best of luck down the stretch.

vector209

Jan 7, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
I absolutely love Ehrhoff, but didn't he sign a 13 year contract? I just can't see Gillis bringing back Ehrhoff after what has happened with Luongo and his massive contract. I have much more faith in Lu to to play the majority of his contract when compared to Ehrhoff.

I think it's a 10 year contract.

Luongo is irrelevant in this discussion because he barely plays as it is. You're essentially curbing 5.3 million in salary right there. At least Ehrhoff would be playing, and possibly sparking the Sedins and the powerplay again.

Vancouver Canucks*

3rd game in 4 nights, they looked fairly gassed yet I thought they had nice pushback after the Blues tied it. The Sedins and Schneider look ready for the playoffs, hopefully the other guys will follow their lead. Didn't like the 3rd line tonight and don't like having Roy on the wing for this reason. Looking forward to Higgins getting back so we can roll 3 good lines.

Call up Schroeder

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Healthy Higgins returns. :yo:

ValidVick*

I agree people need to relax. This was pretty much a playoff game and anything can happen in overtime. We've played 3 in 4 ON THE ROAD. Also didn't have one RH dman in the lineup this game. The Canucks played fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad