Pre-Game Talk: GM 41: Vancouver Canucks @ Colorado Avalanache - Apr 13 - 12:00PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
I will say one thing about alberts, his playing style fits playoff hockey perfectly.

He has been terrible in the playoffs, seems like he tries to do more then he should. Remember the L.A. series three years ago when he kept taking penalties and L.A. scored on every pp. We do need an Alberts like player on d, but hopefully one who does not take tons of penalties or cough up the puck repeatly. When Alberts does not do that he is our Matt Greene, unfortuately when he does he is a huge liability.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
I'm sure this has probably been discussed, but Kassian was on the ice for 12 scoring chances against versus the Flames. He shouldn't be anywhere near the 2nd line tomorrow -- and if he is, he should be on an exceptionally short leash.

Personally, I don't think Kassian should be more than a 4th liner heading into the playoffs. The guy looks completely and utterly lost on the ice for the past few weeks, after a strong start to the year (he was a positive possession player). Just not impressed at all with what he's bringing.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
VOxAsrl.png

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Last edited:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Love that second line, and I am interested to see how Roy and Raymond do together, unfortunately Weise will most likely kill any potential offense from that line

Numbers

Sep 26, 2011
Love that second line, and I am interested to see how Roy and Raymond do together, unfortunately Weise will most likely kill any potential offense from that line

Weise is better then most people say, he is only 24 and skates well. He will be a solid 3rd liner for his career in the future.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Weise is better then most people say, he is only 24 and skates well. He will be a solid 3rd liner for his career in the future.

don't get me wrong, I am not saying he isnt a solid fourth liner (cause he is) and I am not saying doesn't have the potential to be a solid third liner (cause he does), but right now he is not good enough offensively for a top 9 role imo.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I'm sure this has probably been discussed, but Kassian was on the ice for 12 scoring chances against versus the Flames. He shouldn't be anywhere near the 2nd line tomorrow -- and if he is, he should be on an exceptionally short leash.

Personally, I don't think Kassian should be more than a 4th liner heading into the playoffs. The guy looks completely and utterly lost on the ice for the past few weeks, after a strong start to the year (he was a positive possession player). Just not impressed at all with what he's bringing.

Agreed. Still gets caught chasing the play way too much. Really bothersome given how strong he started off the year.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Agreed. Still gets caught chasing the play way too much. Really bothersome given how strong he started off the year.

I've also found his to be quite poor along the boards in the defensive end, mostly when trying to get the puck out.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Wooaahhh Im looking forward to seeing that Burrows-Kesler-Kassian 2nd line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad