Pre-Game Talk: GM 41: Vancouver Canucks @ Colorado Avalanache - Apr 13 - 12:00PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

94eleven

fka Loosemonkeys
Dec 29, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I will be there tomorrow as usual...you guys should jump on a plane and join me, just bought my tickets on StubHub, 4 tickets in the 18th row, lower bowl, right under the bar, $70 total with taxes and fees...so come on down!

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I will be there tomorrow as usual...you guys should jump on a plane and join me, just bought my tickets on StubHub, 4 tickets in the 18th row, lower bowl, right under the bar, $70 total with taxes and fees...so come on down!

Congrats!... but this just pisses me off to no end. Us Canadian fans sure get railroaded here at home. That wouldn't even get you in the door here.

94eleven

fka Loosemonkeys
Dec 29, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Congrats!... but this just pisses me off to no end. Us Canadian fans sure get railroaded here at home. That wouldn't even get you in the door here.

Oh I know, I was born and raised in Ontario and have only been down here since '06...I went to one Leaf game in my life, and two Sabres games. Since I've moved down here I have been to every Canucks game here and a handful of others, I am at the point where I take it for granted that I can go to essentially any Avs game for $20.

HalfPastDan

Registered Schmoozer
Feb 7, 2010
(EDIT: And then I remember the call up rule after the deadline, so yeah. BUT STILL) I wish we could do this. With Higgins out, and Hansen clearly not meshing with Roy, and Weise being a black hole where all things offence go to die (he's a great fourth liner), I wish we could call up Shreds, who's playing great on the farm, and go with:

Dank-Hank-Kank
Burrows-Roy-Kesler
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Sestito-Lappy-Weise

???

Best way to make sure Roy never re-signs here? Play with with the Dutch and Danish superstars some more.

Note, I think Hansen might just be my favourite player on the Canucks, but he doesn't mesh with Roy. Weise is great in his role, but he's not a third liner, and you could visibly see that Roy was frustrated playing with him.

Last edited:

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
(EDIT: And then I remember the call up rule after the deadline, so yeah. BUT STILL) I wish we could do this. With Higgins out, and Hansen clearly not meshing with Roy, and Weise being a black hole where all things offence go to die (he's a great fourth liner), I wish we could call up Shreds, who's playing great on the farm, and go with:

Dank-Hank-Kank
Burrows-Roy-Kesler
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Sestito-Lappy-Weise

???

Best way to make sure Roy never re-signs here? Play with with the Dutch and Danish superstars some more.

Note, I think Hansen might just be my favourite player on the Canucks, but he doesn't mesh with Roy. Weise is great in his role, but he's not a third liner, and you could visibly see that Roy was frustrated playing with him.

I'd wouldn't mind Roy get the chance to play with Burrows for a game, see if they mesh well. With Higgins back it would look like this:

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Raymond-Kesler-Kassian
Higgins-Roy-Burrows
4th-Line-Whatever

CanucksOo

Jul 29, 2006
California
Anybody in the US know which channel this game will be on? Looks like both Center Ice and NBCSN are scheduled to show the Flyers/Buffalo game.

[edit]nvm, it should be on NHLN.

Last edited:

blendini

Jul 15, 2012
These were the lines at practice:

Sedins Hansen
Burr Kes Kass
Mace Roy Weise
Ses Lappy Pini

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I just watched our 3 pp 5on3 goals in r3g4 vs the sharks and then i watched the intro/highlights for nucks/hawks game 7. oh man, i think beast mode kesler is going to make another appearance this postseason. I can feel it.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
I just watched our 3 pp 5on3 goals in r3g4 vs the sharks and then i watched the intro/highlights for nucks/hawks game 7. oh man, i think beast mode kesler is going to make another appearance this postseason. I can feel it.

I just watched the r3G4/G5 highlights.

Why did that team have to lose :cry::cry::cry:

Probably never see a team like that again here. Hopefully this team (or a team in the near future) is good enough to win the cup, but that 10/11 team was just amazing when they were on. Stupid injuries.

Just need to have kings like luck and they can win it this year.

Mirepoix

Oct 12, 2006
Probably never see a team like that again here.

Who knows if the league will see a team like that again in the foreseeable future. 1st in G/G, 1st in GA/G, 2nd in 5-5 F/A, 1st in PP%, 3rd in PK%, 1st in F/O. Sigh... :/

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I'd wouldn't mind Roy get the chance to play with Burrows for a game, see if they mesh well. With Higgins back it would look like this:

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Raymond-Kesler-Kassian
Higgins-Roy-Burrows
4th-Line-Whatever

Then you could easily swap Kassian and Hansen if you want the second line to get tougher defensive matchups

Garth Butcher

Feb 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
If the Canucks were as bad as the AVs have been we would all be able to get great deals on tickets here.

the nucks have been close to selling out for years if they haven't been. don't know if sucking would slow that down to much. look at Toronto they haven't made the playoffs in how many years? but they still sell out every home game and you get them crammed down your throat (in Canada) every Saturday night on CBC.

Canadian hockey markets go goo goo for the puck.:yo: So with tickets being sold like that prices won't come down. all in the supply and demand.

13elieve

Jul 12, 2010
Anyone thinking the Canucks would sell out regardless of performance has probably not witnessed the dark ages.

Tanevian*

the nucks have been close to selling out for years if they haven't been. don't know if sucking would slow that down to much. look at Toronto they haven't made the playoffs in how many years? but they still sell out every home game and you get them crammed down your throat (in Canada) every Saturday night on CBC.

Canadian hockey markets go goo goo for the puck.:yo: So with tickets being sold like that prices won't come down. all in the supply and demand.

Toronto is double the size of Vancouver with more money and a FAR bigger corporate base.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
These were the lines at practice:

Sedins Hansen
Burr Kes Kass
Mace Roy Weise
Ses Lappy Pini

Roy + Raymond ... I can see some magic happening here. I hope Weise can keep up. I like Weise, but I feel the other two are 2nd liners. I hope Weise goes to the net and plants his ass right in front to screen and get the dirty ones. He has the size to post up in front and I believe if he ever wants to expand his career, it revolves around being dirty in front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad