Pre-Game Talk: GM 41: Vancouver Canucks @ Colorado Avalanache - Apr 13 - 12:00PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Vancouver Canucks @ Colorado Avalanche

Canucks' Record: 23-11-6 @ Avalanche's Record: 13-22-5

WHEN: Saturday, April 13, 12:00PM PST
WHERE: Pepsi Center, Denver, CO
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: TEAM 1040

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup: (unconfirmed)
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Kassian
Weise - Roy - Hansen
Sestito - Lapierre - Ebbett

Hamhuis - Garrison
Edler - Bieksa
Ballard - Alberts

Schneider

Colorado Avalanche's Lineup:
To Be Posted.

Game Notes:

The Last Meeting:

Avalanche Killers:
Mason Raymond - 29GP, 7G, 11A, 18Pts
Derek Roy - 8GP, 2G, 3A, 5Pts
Cory Schneider - 8GP, 6W, 0L, 1OTL, 1.36 GAA, .959 SVP, 2 SO

Canuck Killers:
To Be Posted.

Karter

Feb 16, 2012
Sherbrooke
Should be changed to

Avalanche Killers:

Canuck Killers:
eff-that-yao-ming.png

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
What is update on the honey badger?

Brad Ziemer @BradZiemer
Vigneault says Hansen is fine. Didn't play late in third last night because "I thought some other guys were playing better." #Canucks

Sounds like a benching.

Ben Kuzma @benkuzma
Scan reveals Higgins (knee) has mild strain. Could return in two weeks. Longer for Tanev (ankle). #canucks

And once again, HF knows about Higgins sooner than our media.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Noooo. Playoffs are slightly less than 3 weeks from now. If Tanev's out likely longer than 2, that's cutting it pretty close (if he's ready at all).

Last edited:

Topp Spin

STIHL 286
Dec 4, 2010
Alberta
Should be changed to

Avalanche Killers:

Canuck Killers:
eff-that-yao-ming.png

Milan Hejduk still plays for the Avalanche does he not;)

RealGudbranson

Jun 19, 2008
What I'm worried about guys and girls, is about what Don Cherry said on Coaches Corner.

The Canucks will be in Colorado for three days! Anything more than two, and Don Cherry's dog gets sick!!! :scared:

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
Good news about Hansen. Our injury luck was reaching comical proportions.

I have a hard time taking Colorado particularly seriously the way they've been playing, but who knows. The Canucks seem to have enjoyed giving Calgary a sniff before burying them. Maybe they'll slum it up against Colorado too.

I say we go down 1-0 early, get outshot 39-7 through 2.5 periods, then score 7 goals in 6 minutes to close out the game.

NoRaise4Brackett

But Brackett!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Lurking the Boards
Good test for Kassian down the stretch, with Higgins/Booth out, and Hansen labouring. I'm not sure if he's ready yet, but we'll see.

Was wondering about Weise, and if he might have more to offer given a better chance. Does he shoot for the rebound on purpose, or does his shot just suck? Does he lose his composure when he gets a good look, is it a confidence issue, orders from AV on how his 4th liners play? He hasn't gotten the best production, but I think his overall play has improved quite a bit. He plays physical without the stupid penalties. He's good enough defensively to play a regular PK shift. Any chance he could produce a little more given more minutes and a real centre to play with? I like the OP's unconfirmed lineup, but with Ebbett as an option and AV in control...

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Good test for Kassian down the stretch, with Higgins/Booth out, and Hansen labouring. I'm not sure if he's ready yet, but we'll see.

Was wondering about Weise, and if he might have more to offer given a better chance. Does he shoot for the rebound on purpose, or does his shot just suck? Does he lose his composure when he gets a good look, is it a confidence issue, orders from AV on how his 4th liners play? He hasn't gotten the best production, but I think his overall play has improved quite a bit. He plays physical without the stupid penalties. He's good enough defensively to play a regular PK shift. Any chance he could produce a little more given more minutes and a real centre to play with? I like the OP's unconfirmed lineup, but with Ebbett as an option and AV in control...

He strikes me as being uncomfortable with the puck on his stick. Last night when he received passes he'd always slow down and look to get rid of it.

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
He strikes me as being uncomfortable with the puck on his stick. Last night when he received passes he'd always slow down and look to get rid of it.

Agree with this, but you've got to remember, Weise has barely ever had the puck on his stick at the NHL level. You can actually see some potential in the guy, but it just seems like it's been awhile for him since he's had to play a scoring role, and that he kind of looks like he forgets how.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Ugh, the Tanev injury could bite us in the ass badly. We all know GMMG should've bolstered our D depth, now we could go into the playoffs with Alberts and Barker as our bottom pairing

yoss

May 25, 2011
Yeah I really hope Tanev's recovery time isn't much longer than Higgins for returning. We need our D healthy as possible rolling into the playoffs.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Ugh, the Tanev injury could bite us in the ass badly. We all know GMMG should've bolstered our D depth, now we could go into the playoffs with Alberts and Barker as our bottom pairing

Ballard - Alberts wasn't a complete trainwreck yesterday. I'm not too concerned just yet

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
If we can't beat the worst team in the league while missing a top 9 forward and a #5 defenseman, we're not going anywhere in the playoffs. I know, on any given night, any team can beat any other team and the Avs are coming off a 4-1 win over Anaheim, but that was after a string of 5 consecutive losses. They have a back to back against the Kings tonight, so that should put them back on track for the most balls in the lottery.

I also think Barker gets a lot more grief here than he deserves. Once a player has the "bust" label attached to them, people tend to judge based on reputation rather than on what they see. In his starts this year he hasn't been horrible. That's a far cry from what is expected of a #3 overall pick, but he as filled the role he was acquired to fill quite well. Alberts played about the best I have seen him play last night. Most other nights he seems to handle the puck like it's a hand grenade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->