Pre-Game Talk: GM 41: Vancouver Canucks @ Colorado Avalanache - Apr 13 - 12:00PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com

Vancouver Canucks @ Colorado Avalanche

Canucks' Record: 23-11-6 @ Avalanche's Record: 13-22-5

WHEN: Saturday, April 13, 12:00PM PST
WHERE: Pepsi Center, Denver, CO
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: TEAM 1040

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup: (unconfirmed)
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Kassian
Weise - Roy - Hansen
Sestito - Lapierre - Ebbett

Hamhuis - Garrison
Edler - Bieksa
Ballard - Alberts

Schneider

Colorado Avalanche's Lineup:
To Be Posted.

Game Notes:

The Last Meeting:

Avalanche Killers:
Mason Raymond - 29GP, 7G, 11A, 18Pts
Derek Roy - 8GP, 2G, 3A, 5Pts
Cory Schneider - 8GP, 6W, 0L, 1OTL, 1.36 GAA, .959 SVP, 2 SO

Canuck Killers:
To Be Posted.

thx for all the info in the thread title ... i'm travelling w sketchy wifi so all i can do is peek when the games are ... cheers

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA
Relieved about Hansen...but I did notice the bonehead part of his play show itself last night. He was pretty ineffective a couple of times and it was probably a good time for AV to end him a message ( or just give him a rest).

Look for the Great Dane to reassert himself against Colorado.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
If we can't beat the worst team in the league while missing a top 9 forward and a #5 defenseman, we're not going anywhere in the playoffs. I know, on any given night, any team can beat any other team and the Avs are coming off a 4-1 win over Anaheim, but that was after a string of 5 consecutive losses. They have a back to back against the Kings tonight, so that should put them back on track for the most balls in the lottery.

I also think Barker gets a lot more grief here than he deserves. Once a player has the "bust" label attached to them, people tend to judge based on reputation rather than on what they see. In his starts this year he hasn't been horrible. That's a far cry from what is expected of a #3 overall pick, but he as filled the role he was acquired to fill quite well. Alberts played about the best I have seen him play last night. Most other nights he seems to handle the puck like it's a hand grenade.

Yeah Alberts looked good last night. He's not a bad player, it's hard to blame him for looking shaky when he's thrown into a game after sitting out so many. When he's allowed to string together some games he's solid.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Agreed on Alberts, he's better when he plays a string of games.

Also, against teams that don't forecheck well (like Calgary and the Avs) he should be fine. Same goes for Ballard.

I'd like to see Lapierre with Roy and Hansen. Lapierre has decent enough hands, is solid on the wing and could give that line more time on the ice (and at both ends of the ice).

Weise-Ebbett-Sestito is a good enough 4th line playing 8 minutes or so.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Just no injuries.........thats all I care about.

Minny wont catch us, we wont catch Anaheim (and if we did it makes no difference looking at the 6th or 7th seed) so just stay healthy, dont block shots, dont break ankles.

Please and Thanks

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I will say one thing about alberts, his playing style fits playoff hockey perfectly.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Agreed on Alberts, he's better when he plays a string of games.

Also, against teams that don't forecheck well (like Calgary and the Avs) he should be fine. Same goes for Ballard.

I'd like to see Lapierre with Roy and Hansen. Lapierre has decent enough hands, is solid on the wing and could give that line more time on the ice (and at both ends of the ice).

Weise-Ebbett-Sestito is a good enough 4th line playing 8 minutes or so.

This is furthest from the truth. I watch the Avs a TON, they have a great forcheck and keep the puck in the offensive zone a ton. They lead an aggressive 2 man forcheck. They are a terrible team, but saying they are weak on the forcheck is incorrect.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
What I'm worried about guys and girls, is about what Don Cherry said on Coaches Corner.

The Canucks will be in Colorado for three days! Anything more than two, and Don Cherry's dog gets sick!!! :scared:

Just the idea of being at that altitude for 3 days made Schneider preemptively sick!!! :pickle:

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
I'm not too concerned, the Canucks should be able to get out of the first round without Tanev. Plus, Ballard and Alberts have been here before with the Canucks. We know what they bring, they aren't spectacular, but they should suffice for a few weeks.

Let's just hope that Tanev returns before anyone else on the D gets injured. Can you imagine Cam Barker having to play a road playoff game? I'm pretty sure you would see the opposing coach start salivating at the mouth every time Barker went onto the ice.

Dado

This should be a complete and utter blowout.

Wow, do we ever have some bad teams in our division. I hope this stretch against crap competition doesn't put illusions of grandeur in the team's collective head.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012

Wow, do we ever have some bad teams in our division. I hope this stretch against crap competition doesn't put illusions of grandeur in the team's collective head.

Yeah right. :help:

This team knows better. And it won't be a blowout.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006

On the bright side, the Canucks have the 3rd best record in the conference against non-NW division opponents so it's not like their record is hugely inflated due to their poor division (at least not any more than any other team's):

CHI: 22-3-2 (.852)
ANA: 18-7-5 (.683)
VAN: 12-7-5 (.604)
STL: 16-11-1 (.589)
LAK: 14-11-2 (.555)
CBJ: 12-11-4 (.519)
MIN: 13-12-1 (.519)
PHX: 12-12-3 (.500)
DET: 10-11-5 (.481)
SJS: 9-10-6 (.480)
DAL: 12-14-3 (.466)
COL: 9-11-5 (.460)
NSH: 10-13-5 (.446)
EDM: 9-12-6 (.444)
CGY: 9-13-1 (.413)

Dado

On the bright side, the Canucks have the 3rd best record in the conference against non-NW division opponents...

Sure. I wasn't suggesting they were bad outside the division, just recognizing the reality we are playing an awful lot of games lately against seriously **** teams.

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
Sure. I wasn't suggesting they were bad outside the division, just recognizing the reality we are playing an awful lot of games lately against seriously **** teams.

this could be a good thing right now. Our lineup has seen a serious change with multiple injuries and key players now coming back - particularly the addition of Roy and return of Kesler has changed the entire dynamic of the lineup.

So playing against weaker teams is almost like practice for these guys to get back into game shape and find that chemistry before they start playing the real games in a few weeks.

It's good that we don't have an entirely weak schedule down the stretch either... some weak teams right after the key injured/additions come in, to help them settle in, and then some tough match-ups to finish the season to get them ready for the playoffs.

The schedule has worked out well for this team this year.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Guys!

After this, we won't have to see the division again until the very last game of the season! One Northwest Division game, two Pacific Division games, and four Central Division games.

Enjoy.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Guys!

After this, we won't have to see the division again until the very last game of the season! One Northwest Division game, two Pacific Division games, and four Central Division games.

Enjoy.

Awesome. Though I suspect the board will erupt if we lose a couple outside our division.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
This has to be a sure-win. Can't lose to teams like Colorado.

Have to think Luongo starts again: Soft game and Schnieder sounds like he's being hit hard with the flu.

M A K A V E L I*

bm418QK.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad