Post-Game Talk: GM 4: Canucks @ Sharks - Bye, Bye AV

RoyalRed

Apr 8, 2013
Because he's repeatedly used in a defensive role for no bloody reason. Last year he was stuck with Pahlson and Hansen, the former of whom had less of an offensive game than Hansen, which is saying something. This year he is put with Kesler, and while the two do play well together. It was a sudden shift when he'd spent most of the later half of the season with Roy. Put him with Kesler or Roy all year and leave them together for the playoffs and I believe you will see a very different Higgins. Frankly, the same could be said of Roy. AV mismanaged both of them horribly.

Excuses. At the end of the day, those guys - especially Roy - just have to find a way to put some points on the board.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Bieksa with the most minutes today at 33 minutes of icetime... Garrison with only 25...

And the idiocy of AV only continues. Even just reversing those numbers would still be too many minutes for Bieksa. He is a fourth defenseman who can give you a solid twenty with some nastiness but his age and injury history have caught up with him and AV's never realized.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I agree with this completely.

Very impressed with Frank Corrado, though very upset that we wasted a year of his ELC.

I don't think it was a waste, we got to see how he performs in the playoffs and I think he solidified his spot in next years' roster. He gained valuable experience, and proved to Gillis he can handle the NHL imo

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Need some fresh young blood in this line up. This core is pretty stale and it's always the same old same old. Love what the Sens are doing with their young guys. Habs are down 3-1 but love their emotion with guys like Gallagher and Galenychuk.

Getting those players is obviously much harder to do when you have success in the regular season like the Canucks have had but injecting more youth in the line up is needed.

Will be difficult to do with all these contracts and NMCs handed out like candy.

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
You know, that was one of the rare things I didn't complain about. Admit it, Bieksa has had success with the Sedins on the PP since Day 1.

It wasn't about Bieksa, it was the fact that Garrison is basically third on the PP depth chart when he should be first. If he doesn't fit into your existing PP setup (who knows, maybe he can't make a drop pass in the neutral zone?), change your setup. He's the only shoot-first player they have on a team that won't shoot.

LolClarkson*

The NTCs and NMCs are ugly, ugly wounds on the makeup of this team.

Should have never been handed out.

brought the cap down though...

We are not the Oilers. We will make the playoffs next year.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
Kassian 4 games 4 shots and a whole bunch of nothing.

The guy can't hit... he can't line up and hit, it's a joke to see someone that can skate not be able to hit at all. Can't beat guys, ever, one on one, has not beat a D-Man since he's been here, he's freaking Peter Schaefer along the boards a huge waste.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
It wasn't about Bieksa, it was the fact that Garrison is basically third on the PP depth chart when he should be first. If he doesn't fit into your existing PP setup (who knows, maybe he can't make a drop pass in the neutral zone?), change your setup. He's the only shoot-first player they have on a team that won't shoot.

Him and Kesler.

It makes no sense to me that they get kesler back and have garrison ready to go and they instead stick Burrows with the Sedins, Kesler on the point, and Edler as the dman.

Why not go back to what worked before with Sedin/Sedin/Kesler and then add Garrison on the point.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
brought the cap down though...

We are not the Oilers. We will make the playoffs next year.

With the new divisional playoff format and a new coach?

no guarantees.

That said they can be better than LA, San Jose, and Anaheim in the regular season, if the coaching change works out.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Kassian 4 games 4 shots and a whole bunch of nothing.

The guy can't hit... he can't line up and hit, it's a joke to see someone that can skate not be able to hit at all. Can't beat guys, ever, one on one, has not beat a D-Man since he's been here, he's freaking Peter Schaefer along the boards a huge waste.

Where were you when Kassian was hitting, making plays, playing strong, wining puck battles? Oh, I forgot we don't mention when he plays good. My mistake.

tooncesmeow

May 3, 2013
Melbourne, FL
He sounded pretty pathetic, mentioning his girlfriend every few seconds. Like a dorky teenager bragging all the time that he actually has a girlfriend.

You mean Dagger? His girlfriend Dagger who said doo doo doo da dooo doo, etc.

( ._.) Do you get the joke yet.

Maybe her first name was Chelsea?
No?

StringerBell

Where were you when Kassian was hitting, making plays, playing strong, wining puck battles? Oh, I forgot we don't mention when he plays good. My mistake.

He's just being a generally positive fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad