Pre-Game Talk: GM 38 | Vancouver Canucks vs TBD - Return Postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Hughes was one of the hardest hit and one of the ones who had to be put on an IV apparently
Do you have a link to reference this? If a guy is so ill with Covid he needs an IV wouldn’t he be hospitalized? Seems like the Canuck’s doctors would be negligent if a player was this ill with this particular virus and didn’t have their patient in hospital.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Do you have a link to reference this? If a guy is so ill with Covid he needs an IV wouldn’t he be hospitalized? Seems like the Canuck’s doctors would be negligent if a player was this ill with this particular virus and didn’t have their patient in hospital.
Im no medical expert, and not that it wouldnt be a risk of being seriously sick, but I think the IV stuff was just more precautionary to make sure that they stay hydrated with serious fever/vomiting/etc. If there had been any serious risk they should have been at a hospital and I dont think anyone was

Reactions: m9

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Im no medical expert, and not that it wouldnt be a risk of being seriously sick, but I think the IV stuff was just more precautionary to make sure that they stay hydrated with serious fever/vomiting/etc. If there had been any serious risk they should have been at a hospital and I dont think anyone was

New virus, that can have very serious symptoms, and a doctor, who’s patient requires an IV, isn’t put into a hospital? I’m not a medical person either, but that just doesn’t seem right.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
New virus, that can have very serious symptoms, and a doctor, who’s patient requires an IV, isn’t put into a hospital? I’m not a medical person either, but that just doesn’t seem right.

It's just a means of replenishing fluids. IIRC, the tweet mentioned that they'd been throwing up. It's not like they sent a guy over with a defibrillator and didn't tell anyone.

Reactions: VanillaCoke and m9

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I'm extremely curious to see the new schedule and the 11 changes!
Other teams may not be pleased with the canucks and this schedule combined is basically a guaranteed minimum 3 injuries in the ~19 games.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
IV saline in nauseous patients is pretty much to prevent dehydration so the body can continue doing what it's doing more efficiently, ie fight off an infection. Also, it opens up a line to administer medication, including anti-nausea meds, that you'd probably want to administer anyway. IVs look scary but they're no big deal most of the time and don't necessarily denote a serious problem.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
I don't give a shit what other teams have done, our own player just came out saying they are not ready and what the nhl was trying to do is unsafe

Nevermind that the canucks got a different strain that is more severe for younger players and the fact that many players from other teams and leagues are still struggling with stuff well after recovering from covid.. i dont give a rats ass

This season is over, we aren't making the playoffs so why are we rushing back to play? Because fatasses sitting on their couches want them to?

If the NHL can give us actual time to recover and make the schedule so we aren't playing b2b every other day then sure come back and play, but the NHL wont do that so f*** it

I have to ask: so if we were, say, leading the division and the league were to shut us down for the year how would you feel?

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Leafs game is a go for tomorrow night? pretty sure it was showing as PPD yesterday

I swear I saw on Twitter that the pushed the game to Sunday and the next one to Tuesday but can't find the tweet now.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
A Uitica poster notes that Baertschi and Gadjovich are not in the line-up for the Comets today, so it seems likely that they're being called up.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
A Uitica poster notes that Baertschi and Gadjovich are not in the line-up for the Comets today, so it seems likely that they're being called up.
Not that I don't believe you but I'll believe it when I see that they actually called Baertschi up. Can we even do that with our cap?

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Not that I don't believe you but I'll believe it when I see that they actually called Baertschi up. Can we even do that with our cap?

I have the same question, but there doesn't seem to be any other obvious explanation. Injury? If there's been word of that, I haven't seen it.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Could a player come off the Covid list (ie, not testing positive) but then go onto IR due to the symptoms? Not sure what the rule is for that, but if someone who had a big salary (like a Brandon Sutter) went on IR then Baertschi could fit.. I think.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Could a player come off the Covid list (ie, not testing positive) but then go onto IR due to the symptoms? Not sure what the rule is for that, but if someone who had a big salary (like a Brandon Sutter) went on IR then Baertschi could fit.. I think.
Actually I think this is the reason. Rick Dhaliwal said the sense is that some players are done for the season. Maybe we will see more call ups after they officially medically rule players out (Sutter is one i'm assuming).

Is there a post-practice presser with Bo and Benning today? EDIT: Live on Twitter right now

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
19 games in 32 days with zero 2 day breaks is going to be very rough.

Canucks got one of the worst schedules to start the season, instead of an easier 2nd half they get sick, and then likely the worst end of season schedule....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad