Pre-Game Talk: GM 38 | Vancouver Canucks vs TBD - Return Postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Figured we could use a thread to discuss the game that is coming up. While I've got my misgivings with the NHL about putting the Canucks in this brutal position after what they've been through, I'll certainly cheer the boys on while they're on the ice (and hope no serious injuries or complications arise from the NHL's blatant negligence for their well being)

A big question going into the game - who's going to be available to play? Here's a thread from Matt Sekeres discussing who's available.

The NHL's COVID Protocol list for the Canucks as of yesterday:

Vancouver – Travis Boyd; Jalen Chatfield; Thatcher Demko; Alex Edler; Jayce Hawryluk; Nils Hoglander; Braden Holtby; Bo Horvat; Zack MacEwen; Marc Michaelis; Tyler Motte; Tyler Myers; Antoine Roussel; Nate Schmidt; Brandon Sutter

I believe this indicates we have the following available as of the morning of April 14;

Forward:
Brock Boeser
JT Miller
Jimmy Vesey
Tyler Graovac
Loui Eriksson
Kole Lind

Defense:
Quinn Hughes
Travis Hamonic
Olli Juolevi
Brogan Rafferty
Ashton Sautner
Guillaume Brisebois

Goalies:
Michael DiPietro
Arturs Silovs

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
North division stars getting ready to stat pad against the Canucks like

625.jpg

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina
This is lunacy.

We might need to roll 3 forward lines and 2 d lines, with two dmen playing up on that third line.

Pretty disgusted with the league and the management of this franchise for even contemplating this. Whatever they would’ve lost in in TV/sponsorship revenue from not playing these games, they’ll be sure to exceed with lawsuits from players after they’re forced to play short handed while recovering from an unknown respiratory illness.

Baffling short-sightedness all around.

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I have played against 11 (I believe) ex NHLers. They are in a different class.

I played against the Canucks Alumni (I have a great photo of me trying in vain to check Cliff Ronning. Spoiler alert: I didn't. Also a nice shot of me doing the opening faceoff with him and Jyrkki Lumme), and I played with the Canadiens Alumni (Jesse Belanger was my centerman, set me up for some of the easiest goals of my life). All those NHL guys - and even the minor pro guys they sometimes use to fill out the roster - are on a different playing field, but Cliff Ronning was a class unto himself. Trying to catch him was like trying to catch smoke.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Big game folks, gotta have a rebound after last game where the Jets walked all over the guys. Looking for a big energy game :nod:

4-2 Canucks, Hatty by Brock Boeser and a single goal by Hughes

Reactions: vancityluongo

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
I feel sorry for DiPietro if his 2nd NHL start is going to be against McDavid and Draisaitl with an empty husk of a roster in front of him and not playing any games all season. The poor kid hasn't exactly had the chance to be eased into his pro career.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
So right now the gameday lineup is:

Vesey-Miller-Boeser
Eriksson-Graovac-Lind
Hughes-Hamonic
Juolevi-Rafferty
Sautner-Brisebois
DiPietro
Silovs

I know that will undergo some change but right now it looks like my impression that the Canucks & league were going to Leeroy Jenkins this is correct.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Well, we do have to dress a full roster or it doesn't work, so let's get away from the idea we are going to do something crazy like run two lines.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Well, we do have to dress a full roster or it doesn't work, so let's get away from the idea we are going to do something crazy like run two lines.
The game can go ahead even if the Canucks aren't able to put together a full 20 man roster. Vegas played with 19 players this season.

Reactions: Indiana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad