GDT: Gm 38: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins | 12/27/13 | 7P ET | NESN, RDS |98.5 FM

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Bruins break their old record by going 7 straight games with a player getting 2 goals...

Sorry if I'm wrong but another poster said that JE said it tied the record but I thought Sportsnet said it broke the record...Very sorry if I reported misinformation..

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

In three of the last four games, the Bruins have put up 4-1, 6-2, and 5-0 victories.

This is a great sign for the team going forward. It seemed for the first half of this season, the B's would be able to get their wins, but it was ALWAYS a tight game. I realize that it hasn't been against the cream of the crop teams, but it hadn't mattered until just recently.

Some nice, comfortable wins without blowing leads or scrapping for late goals. It's a nice change and maybe a sign that the team is coming together.

Mr. Make-Believe

I thought the positional play was good tonight. I thought Marchand maybe had a better game also.

Marchand has looked better ever since Smith has moved up to that line. Hell, all three of them have. Bergeron looks better too (and now leads the team in +/-).

I think Smith should have a spot on that second unit when Eriksson gets back. As much as Eriksson maybe shouldn't be getting third line minutes, Soderberg/Spooner/Eriksson joins two other lines in a profoundly effective two way attack that should be able to handily beat teams on most nights.

I'm optimistic.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The Bruins need to be ready for one very pissed off Ottawa team tomorrow night.

The Seids injury looked nasty. No idea on who's getting called up yet as Prov. played in Philly tonight. My guess is Miller.

BigBadBruins63*

The Seids injury looked nasty. No idea on who's getting called up yet as Prov. played in Philly tonight. My guess is Miller.

warsofsky to start. Miller will only be called up if Seids is out for a while.

Mr. Make-Believe

warsofsky to start. Miller will only be called up if Seids is out for a while.

I'm not sure. I think it would be wise to use an emergency recall on Miller, as long as it doesn't count toward his... On second thought, I don't think there's any way it doesn't count towards that game count. Hm... I don't want to lose him to waivers.

Serenade

Feb 5, 2008
Still had a better season than Subban's last year. Then again, Chara wasn't nominated then, so...

**** Exciting Rewind

Chara didn't have his usual strong year though. He wasn't going to win it last year.

I wonder how they are using EK. Is it part of the game plan, to let him carry the puck like that? Whether it is or isn't, it must frustrate his some of his teammates.

He reminds me of Kovalev when he became washed up. Trying to stick handle himself then turning it over. What's worse is if EK looses it, the other players will be out of position since he is playing D and F.

BigBadBruins63*

I'm not sure. I think it would be wise to use an emergency recall on Miller, as long as it doesn't count toward his... On second thought, I don't think there's any way it doesn't count towards that game count. Hm... I don't want to lose him to waivers.

I tried to find the rule quickly, idk if i'm right, but i think if Miller is called up on emergency basis, the games don't count toward his waiver eligibility. If it doesn't count, then yeah, he'll be up for sure. He will just have to be sent down as soon as Seids is ready to go, which would happen.

But if the games count towards his W.E regardless, then Warsofsky gets the call.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA

They might just bite the bullet and bring him up. They can afford to carry 8 D-men on the cap IIRC. Plus he's the best option they have. Warsofsky showed flashes, but I'm not thinking he's ready beyond some limited, sheltered minutes for a game or two. I saw him in Providence yesterday and he wasn't fantastic, and the PBs put it on the WSharks.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA

Providence didn't play at all tonight, and Philly no longer has an AHL team...

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Providence didn't play at all tonight, and Philly no longer has an AHL team...
My bad I thought it was tonight but it is tomorrow. They changed their name to the Adirondack Phantoms and clearly moved out of the Philly area.

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
Tonight's game along with the past few have me thinking...

The Thornton suspension, Erkisson concussion and Kelly injury may have had many upset and few worried initially but has turned out to be a blessing in disguise for the Bruins. After that Penguins game we are a much better team with those 3 out of the lineup.

- Finally Spooner gets the call and finds instant chemistry on the 3rd line
- Smith moves up and sparks the Bergeron line
- Marchand finds chemistry with Smith and turns his game around
- Our powerplay jumps to 5th best in the league (noone expected that in a million years).
- We have 3 legit scoring lines and our offense is PRODUCING

If Thornton never gets suspended and Erikkson is still on that 2nd line and Kelly never falls to injury, we still struggle with 3/4 lines... our powerplay is still atrocious and Spooner's talent gets wasted in the AHL.

I for one am quite pleased with the games I have been watching.... and the players currently making up this roster. I'd be happy to see Kelly or Erikkson come back to get Caron off the ice. And Dougie can't come back soon enough! But other than that. I'm not touching a thing!

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Marchand has looked better ever since Smith has moved up to that line. Hell, all three of them have. Bergeron looks better too (and now leads the team in +/-).

I think Smith should have a spot on that second unit when Eriksson gets back. As much as Eriksson maybe shouldn't be getting third line minutes, Soderberg/Spooner/Eriksson joins two other lines in a profoundly effective two way attack that should be able to handily beat teams on most nights.

I'm optimistic.

I agree with you 100%, man. There's no reason to break up the Bergeron line and a Soderberg-Spooner-Eriksson third line very well might be the best third line in the league.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Looked like a knee when he limped past us :(

I hope it isn't too bad. Poor Seides. He was in pain and pissed off.

I heard him drop the f bomb about 30 times... no bueno. Really have to hope it's temporary.

Dougie has played his best hockey this year in a top 2 role, but I'd rather not rush him back in that severity after being out for almost a month, or to have him there for an extended period of time. You'd notice Seids' absence very quickly. He's very important to us.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I heard him drop the f bomb about 30 times... no bueno. Really have to hope it's temporary.

Dougie has played his best hockey this year in a top 2 role, but I'd rather not rush him back in that severity after being out for almost a month, or to have him there for an extended period of time. You'd notice Seids' absence very quickly. He's very important to us.

Where were you sitting ?

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Seids' injury didn't look good.

Team will find it hard to replace him but Miller makes a better long term option IMO than Warsofsky.

My guess is if they aren't sure of the injury yet (knees can be that way) they will use Warsofsky first then use Miller and keep him.

Team needs to get healthy though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad