GDT: Gm 38: Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins | 12/27/13 | 7P ET | NESN, RDS |98.5 FM

OutspokenMinority*

Iggy is gettin' Iggy with it right now.

... logged for posterity.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
This line is where Smith needs to be. Gives the second line a guy to pass to. Ericsson is redundant there. Perfect for third if and when he comes back.

2ka RasK*

Marchand - Bergeron - Smith

That line is all sorts of awesome right now.

Furry89

Nov 17, 2013
This line is where Smith needs to be. Gives the second line a guy to pass to. Ericsson is redundant there. Perfect for third if and when he comes back.

Agreed, Soderberg/Spooner/Eriksson as the 3rd line. Eriksson can be the defensive forward for that line, which allows Julien to move Kelly to the 4th to create the ultimate shutdown line. Scary lineup for the postseason

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

Still not sure we see Eriksson for a while but before his concussion he and Yeti were showing some real chemistry-I kind of think a Swedish connection with Yeti and Louie on the wings could be a solid one.

If I'm Julien I would be reluctant to switch Smith off he Bergy line with this level of production.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
Just a question coming in here, or a comment formed as a question... Is it just me, or have the Bruins finally found scoring punch? In the last several games, it seems that they're getting scoring from a lot of players. Man, it's great to see. Seems that adversity has served this team well. :handclap:

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Well this turned into a glorious game.
Tuukka got his redemption for sure after his last game against Ottawa.
Way to go B's! Looking forward to the next tilt.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Great final 2 periods, the top 3 lines were all looking dangerous. Spooner continues to impress and gives us 3 viable scoring lines. Hope the German hammer dosen't miss too much time.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
I will be hitting the refresh button on the Bruins website all night until they post their latest Bruins Beat and tell me what is wrong with Seidenberg

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Just a question coming in here, or a comment formed as a question... Is it just me, or have the Bruins finally found scoring punch? In the last several games, it seems that they're getting scoring from a lot of players. Man, it's great to see. Seems that adversity has served this team well. :handclap:

Every year I worried a/b them scoring goals. Well, I used to anyway. Because even when they scrape here and there for goals in the regular season, they get into the playoffs and just clobber people w/ hard working goals they've become accustomed to producing.

Now, even the PP is working.

You knew Iggy would come around. The hope was Eriksson would produce w/ Bergy and Marchand. But who could have predicted Smith? If we do get Eriksson back, I'd like to see him get some time w/ Soda. Between the two of them, one would think someone can fulfill that Micheal Ryder role we were missing in the playoffs.

They get healthy, they're gonna be deep.

ot92s

Nov 5, 2011
Let's not get carried away with smith guys. Love the kids body language and I'd love to see him sign a long contract soon but his is shooting over 20%. You're looking at over 4 mil a year to retain a bottom 6 guy (albeit a really good one) if everything he throws at the net keeps going in...

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Great win.

Tuukka held the fort in the 1st.

The B's took the play for there. Big PP goal to take the lead a d they never looked back.

Smith continues the fuego with 5g-7pts in his last 3 games. That line was our best today.

Really like Spooner. He seems to have already mastered the defective skating sideway move entering the zone that Oates used so often to get the Dmen to freeze, then speed up.

Can't wait for Loui to be back. Hopefully, it will be before Kelly so Julien is forced to see that a Spoon flanked by two Swedish is the way to go forever.

Another game, another injury... Didn't looked too good for Seids...

7pts up on the Habs.

KIL
March-Bergy-Smith
Yeti-Spoon-Loui
Paille-Kelly-Campbell

Get ready for a 3rd SCF in 4 years.

Furry89

Nov 17, 2013
Great win.

Tuukka held the fort in the 1st.

The B's took the play for there. Big PP goal to take the lead a d they never looked back.

Smith continues the fuego with 5g-7pts in his last 3 games. That line was our best today.

Really like Spooner. He seems to have already mastered the defective skating sideway move entering the zone that Oates used so often to get the Dmen to freeze, then speed up.

Can't wait for Loui to be back. Hopefully, it will be before Kelly so Julien is forced to see that a Spoon flanked by two Swedish is the way to go forever.

Another game, another injury... Didn't looked too good for Seids...

7pts up on the Habs.

KIL
March-Bergy-Smith
Yeti-Spoon-Loui
Paille-Kelly-Campbell

Get ready for a 3rd SCF in 4 years.

That would be the deepest team in the NHL, IMO. With Dupuis going down for what seems to be the year, I don't see anyone in the East knocking off a healthy Bruins team.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Let's not get carried away with smith guys. Love the kids body language and I'd love to see him sign a long contract soon but his is shooting over 20%. You're looking at over 4 mil a year to retain a bottom 6 guy (albeit a really good one) if everything he throws at the net keeps going in...

I doubt it. Chiarelli already got burned by Seguin on a 2nd contract. Smith will need to reproduce this again before getting 4 mil.

ot92s

Nov 5, 2011
I doubt it. Chiarelli already got burned by Seguin on a 2nd contract. Smith will need to reproduce this again before getting 4 mil.

Burned? Sequins second contract was one of the most favorable in the league. They screwed with his minutes for 3 years and managed to sign him long term for under 6 mil per...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad