GDT: GM#37 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @5:00pm 12/23/18

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I don't like wanting them to lose either. Regardless of what I think Management should do, I'd still prefer these clowns go on an insane run and win a Cup this year.

That isn't going to happen; however, it is extremely difficult to "cheer" for them to lose. I don't actively root against them but it is best for the big picture that they don't claw their way into the black hole.

They are going to win games the rest of the season. I prefer it to be against Vegas/ANA/SJ: especially Vegas and preferably in their home arena to send those garbage fans home unhappy. Want those losses to be against the other bottom dwellers, if possible.

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Here's how you can cope with not getting Hughes...even if the Kings finish 31, it's an 18% (something like that) chance they get #1 pick.

So how to best cope? Last year, the Kings drafted Kupari at #20. There is a good chance he will
be as good (or better than) this last draft #2 overall, Svechnikov. So put some trust in that
the Kings may get as good as a player as Kakko, Dach, or Cozens at #11-20. It is entirely
possible. And just take a few shots after a King victory. This is really all you can do.
This draft class is deep and a chance to get a lower #1 for Quick or Muzzin. Would
keep Muzzin if no great offers.

Yes, the Kings have had some bad #1 and #2 choices - BUT, the last 3 drafts, they have
selected 2016 #2 Clague, 2017 #1 Vilardi #2JAD 2018 #1 Kupari #2 Thomas
That's pretty damn good. (no posts please, that Vilardi is a bust. He's not. Cannot call
him that at this time)

The majority of 1st and 2nd round picks look "pretty damn good" only six months to 1.5 years later. Just saying.

I'm not calling Vilardi a bust; however, you can't tell people to not call him a bust but then say "he looks pretty damn good" since he doesn't look good at all right now. You don't get to tout the pick while ignoring the serious red flags at the same time.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I don't like wanting them to lose either. Regardless of what I think Management should do, I'd still prefer these clowns go on an insane run and win a Cup this year.

That isn't going to happen; however, it is extremely difficult to "cheer" for them to lose. I don't actively root against them but it is best for the big picture that they don't claw their way into the black hole.

They are going to win games the rest of the season. I prefer it to be against Vegas/ANA/SJ: especially Vegas and preferably in their home arena to send those garbage fans home unhappy. Want those losses to be against the other bottom dwellers, if possible.
I can't cheer for short term success when all it means is the Luc clown show continues even longer.

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I can't cheer for short term success when all it means is the Luc clown show continues even longer.

I just can't cheer for them to lose, even though I know it is the best thing at the moment. I'm just not mad when they lose.

Only thing that is pissing me off at this point is the lack of sticking up for one another.

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I just can't cheer for them to lose, even though I know it is the best thing at the moment. I'm just not mad when they lose.

Only thing that is pissing me off at this point is the lack of sticking up for one another.
I am indifferent to wins these days. As long as some of the kids are making progress and the vets aren't ruining their trade value, I am fine with the losses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad