GDT: GM#37 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @5:00pm 12/23/18

KingsCourt

Aug 15, 2005
Good job guys, make run only to not make the playoffs, don't trade assets to get picks and kids back , rinse and repeat

Reactions: KINGS17

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
2-0 vs VGK feelsgoodman. f*** the nhl's pet project.

I think someone said the other night rack up 15 wins against VGK, ANA, and SJ and lose the rest. I'm good with that :laugh:

Wonder how many tears will be shed about Rent Free Doughty tonight.

oh wow saw the replay and that's 100% on schmidt

completely lost track of toffoli and went for a lazy line change

fading late without the PEDs i suppose

Less oxygen to his brain late in games, gonna be rought.

Guys are starting to gel. Still not a good team, but at least they're entertaining now. 3 in a row. They've earned the next 3 days off.

Yeah they've been a hell of a lot more fun to watch and not just because of the winning. The speed and the hitting. They made VGK look like they were skating in mud lots of the night tonight. Considering we were the team on the back to back that's no small feat.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
giphy.gif

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I don't care for tanking, I know it increases our odds of getting an impact player, but I still love watching this team win. these past 3 games have been so much fun for me.
I don't think anyone likes tanking. It's like eating kale. You don't enjoy it but you know it's good for you in the long run.

I can definitely agree that the past 3 or 4 games have been much more entertaining.

I just with the NHL would de-correlate draft position from team performance. I want to be able to fully enjoy whenever ever my teams wins.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I don't think anyone likes tanking. It's like eating kale. You don't enjoy it but you know it's good for you in the long run.

I can definitely agree that the past 3 or 4 games have been much more entertaining.

I just with the NHL would de-correlate draft position from team performance. I want to be able to fully enjoy whenever ever my teams wins.

I think the draft lottery and hard cap are total positive for team owners, half a negative for the players and a full negative for fans.

You know, the folks who supply the revenue ultimately.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I think the draft lottery and hard cap are total positive for team owners, half a negative for the players and a full negative for fans.

You know, the folks who supply the revenue ultimately.
I think without the salary cap the Kings never win a Stanley Cup. AEG was never going to outspend Detroit, Colorado, New York Rangers, Dallas, Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto, etc.

Once there was cost certainty, AEG stepped up their game.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Who in the **** asked Santa for this win streak? Enough already.

Got to make Canadian, Sharks, and VGK fans grouchy back to back to back. 2-0 against Vegas this season? I'm a happy camper. They aren't showing their faces on our forum anymore and that's christmas for me.

It's what happens next that's important!

Reactions: King'sPawn

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Who in the **** asked Santa for this win streak? Enough already.

Since Santa doesn’t technically show up for a couple more hours, I think the win streak is more like a couple of Hanukkah presents for keeping Nate Thompson on the roster, but off the PP.

I’m hoping this win streak makes Rob Blake & co. good boys and Santa puts trades, cap space, prospects and draft picks under the Kings tree and in there stockings.

I think without the salary cap the Kings never win a Stanley Cup. AEG was never going to outspend Detroit, Colorado, New York Rangers, Dallas, Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto, etc.

Once there was cost certainty, AEG stepped up their game.

Agree that AEG / Liewiecke were hard cap hawks. Now that the Kings have won championships and LA Live is built up, I wonder if they still feel the same about not keeping up with other major markets.

Reactions: yankeeking

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
I don't care for tanking, I know it increases our odds of getting an impact player, but I still love watching this team win. these past 3 games have been so much fun for me.

Here's how you can cope with not getting Hughes...even if the Kings finish 31, it's an 18% (something like that) chance they get #1 pick.

So how to best cope? Last year, the Kings drafted Kupari at #20. There is a good chance he will
be as good (or better than) this last draft #2 overall, Svechnikov. So put some trust in that
the Kings may get as good as a player as Kakko, Dach, or Cozens at #11-20. It is entirely
possible. And just take a few shots after a King victory. This is really all you can do.
This draft class is deep and a chance to get a lower #1 for Quick or Muzzin. Would
keep Muzzin if no great offers.

Yes, the Kings have had some bad #1 and #2 choices - BUT, the last 3 drafts, they have
selected 2016 #2 Clague, 2017 #1 Vilardi #2JAD 2018 #1 Kupari #2 Thomas
That's pretty damn good. (no posts please, that Vilardi is a bust. He's not. Cannot call
him that at this time)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad