GDT: GM#37 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @5:00pm 12/23/18

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
cut.jpg

Los Angeles Kings(13-20-3, 29pts, Last in NHL) :thumbd:@ Vegas Golden Knights(20-15-3, 43pts, 2nd in Pacific) :thumbd:
T-Mobile Arena| Las Vegas, NV
TIME: 5:00pm PT | TV: FSW | RADIO: I Heart Radio App

QUICK STATS
PREVIOUS MEETINGS
LAK 5-1 VGK December 8, 2018
:kings:vegas
PP/PK25th/29th14th/5th
Faceoffs10th23rd
Leading ScorersAnze Kopitar: 8 goals, 14 assists, 22 points.William Karlsson: 14 goals, 15 assists, 29 points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lines*
:kings
r0L36KH.png

5Bj75ZQ.png

RJIJB8F.png

Extras: Paul Ladue, Nikita Scherbak
Injuries: Carl Hagelin, Dion Phaneuf, Alec Martinez, Trevor Lewis, Johnny Brodzinski, Jack Campbell, Gabriel Vilardi

:vegas
cHW9dAz.png

ydE8aA3.png

1hhAHYQ.png

Injuries: Erik Haula, Max Pacioretty, Colin Miller​

Reactions: Legionnaire

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Is wagner playing? Wouldnt mind seeing a scherbak-kempe-kovalchuk 2nd line. Leipsic-carter-toffoli 3rd line perhaps.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Is wagner playing? Wouldnt mind seeing a scherbak-kempe-kovalchuk 2nd line. Leipsic-carter-toffoli 3rd line perhaps.

I’m liking Leipsec as a swing guy who moves up and down the wing in the top 9 and gets PP minutes. If I put my purple colored glasses on, I see no reason he can’t turn into a poor mans Brendan Gallagher for this team, other than WD40 having his own agenda.

Why isn't clifford in the injured player list? I thought i saw he was cleared to play in the same tweet as kovy being announced as returning

With the back to back and no morning skate, we’ll probably have to wait till the warm up skate pregame, to see if Wags is out there, much less Clifford. Don’t think I read anything about Clifford being in a regular practice, so I doubt he goes tonight.

Reactions: Schmooley

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
Going by the score sheet seems like Wild Bill Karlsson wasn’t a one hit wonder. He’s looking like a legitimate 75pt+ NHL #1 center.

Vegas management must be kicking themselves for only giving him a 1 year deal and setting themselves up for an interesting potential RFA holdout next year.

Vegas only has $4m in free cap space after paying raises to guys and drunkenly signing ufa Paul Stasny and extending Max Paccioretty, who is injured again.

Karlsson should ask for $8-10m on a long term deal. He makes $5.25m now, so it does make a difference when looking at free cap space. But with the loss of UFAs and the cap going up, VGK shouldn’t have an issue with the salary.

The interesting part is that if Karlsson holds out next season, he will be 27 at the start of the 2020 season. My understanding is that 27 yo is the first year players are ufa eligible, so I wonder if Wild Bill would do that and try to sign a big money contract with any team he can choose from.

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
A stalker would tell you to look at where t mobile arena is and take a guess. Probably MGM across the street. They have these new signature towers that are an easy bus ride to the arena.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Going by the score sheet seems like Wild Bill Karlsson wasn’t a one hit wonder. He’s looking like a legitimate 75pt+ NHL #1 center.

Vegas management must be kicking themselves for only giving him a 1 year deal and setting themselves up for an interesting potential RFA holdout next year.

Vegas only has $4m in free cap space after paying raises to guys and drunkenly signing ufa Paul Stasny and extending Max Paccioretty, who is injured again.

Karlsson should ask for $8-10m on a long term deal. He makes $5.25m now, so it does make a difference when looking at free cap space. But with the loss of UFAs and the cap going up, VGK shouldn’t have an issue with the salary.

The interesting part is that if Karlsson holds out next season, he will be 27 at the start of the 2020 season. My understanding is that 27 yo is the first year players are ufa eligible, so I wonder if Wild Bill would do that and try to sign a big money contract with any team he can choose from.
MaxPac looks to have been a bad idea for any team to acquire.

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
Looks like no Fleury tonight for Vegas, with the backup Subban getting the start. Colin Miller and Max Patches are out as well. First time we’ll see Stasny this season.

Vegas lost last night in OT, blowing a 3rd period lead against the Habs. Kings could actually win 3 in a row for I think the first time this season, which might count as a minor Christmas miracle on Las Vegas Boulevard.

Happy Xmas Holidays Kings fans! Go Kings and eff Brayden McNabb and the golden knights!

Reactions: crassbonanza

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad