GDT: GM#36 LA Kings vs San Jose Sharks @1:00pm 12/22/18

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
...and the usual suspects are out to defend Kopitar no matter what he does, or fails to do.

Before some of you whine about my criticism, note I gave him props last season all the time. Some of you have no credibility regarding Kopitar's play.

My ass :laugh:

You just suppressed your unhinged rants for a year because he didn't give you an opening and now the dam has burst. All you could muster through an MVP-caliber season was silence, you sure weren't happy about his success.

You're right about him this year, but it's taken you 4+ years for his play to catch up to your criticism, so quit patting yourself on the back, it's embarrassing.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
My ass :laugh:

You just suppressed your unhinged rants for a year because he didn't give you an opening and now the dam has burst. All you could muster through an MVP-caliber season was silence, you sure weren't happy about his success.

You're right about him this year, but it's taken you 4+ years for his play to catch up to your criticism, so quit patting yourself on the back, it's embarrassing.
BS RJ!!! I said he had a great season. I always said he was on a terrible contract for the Kings. There is a difference.

I was happy for his success last season. What good it did the team is questionable, because just as I said they would be, they were in the black hole.

It hasn't taken 4+ years. Kopitar played like s*** the season after he received his $80M contract. What have you been watching? I think the problem is you can't admit you were and are wrong.

Last edited:

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
as the team left the ice, foxy was the last one in the line and he looked like he was chasing the team then kinda shrugged and gave up

Looks like Fox wanted to get WD on mic and ask a few questions, but WD looked NOT HAPPY and knew that Fox was going to ask him about Kovalchuk
and WD in no way was going to be able to smile and be happy about Kovy's 2 goals and being the best player on the ice today, DESPITE
misisng 10 games, being the second oldest player on ice, after Thornton and playing a shifts with 2 waiver wire types - Leipsic and Thompson.
Ilya made him look bad.

Ilya had more goals and top scoring chances, playing with 2 scrubs and more than Carter and Tofolli have had COMBINED last 10 games
when Ilya was rehabbing....

Can WD leave him on line 3 still? He probably will and would be the only hockey coach at any level to do so.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Looks like Fox wanted to get WD on mic and ask a few questions, but WD looked NOT HAPPY and knew that Fox was going to ask him about Kovalchuk
and WD in no way was going to be able to smile and be happy about Kovy's 2 goals and being the best player on the ice today, DESPITE
misisng 10 games, being the second oldest player on ice, after Thornton and playing a shifts with 2 waiver wire types - Leipsic and Thompson.
Ilya made him look bad.

Ilya had more goals and top scoring chances, playing with 2 scrubs and more than Carter and Tofolli have had COMBINED last 10 games
when Ilya was rehabbing....

Can WD leave him on line 3 still? He probably will and would be the only hockey coach at any level to do so.
I will say this, even though I disagreed with the Kovalchuk signing and still think it was overall a bad idea, he plays with more passion than many of the "leaders" on the team.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
"Kovalchuk, on being at the end of his shift and what was going through his head before the breakaway:
I was not going to go change. This might be my last change, so I was staying there. "

WD is gonna be piiiiissssed :laugh:
You could tell by his skating he was dead tired, but I think he could see how far ahead of the pack he was and just said to himself "F it, I got this."

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Question. What is up with Kovi and WD? He had an awesome start to the year, then WD comes in and puts him down the lineup and he of course starts struggling. Why?

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Question. What is up with Kovi and WD? He had an awesome start to the year, then WD comes in and puts him down the lineup and he of course starts struggling. Why?

It goes back to Kovalchuk's Russian Team beat Team Canada in the World Junior Tournament...Willie was ast coach TEAM CANADA....in 2001.
I recall Team Canada (and the entire country) was pissed that Kovalchuk pumped his fist twice, when he went in alone to score an emtpy netter..
he had just already skated through the entire team and scored as well.

now consider WD was an asst coach and there. I am sure that every player and coach will never forget that.
(you can see he was working on Canadian National Teams in those years)
And Kovy beat WD's Team Canada in the Olympics. No other NHL coach right now, would put Kovy on line 4, remove him from PP and sit him all 3rd period and play
him 6 minutes. Only one would do that: WD. I think the aforementioned things have something to do with the 2001 fist pump and also beating him for the Gold.
If Kovy continued the point a game he was, before WD got here, I think he would be playing...but the lack of points of late and not being the hardest worker,
he's doing that to him (you could choose Carter or Toffoli, they are worse) and the way he talks about Kovy shows total disdain. 100%.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
When the opposing team’s play-by-play guy comments about the Kovalchuk and WD situation at the end of the game after Kovy just scored the game winner, you know it’s not just us fans that see this.

Reactions: Sol

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
When the opposing team’s play-by-play guy comments about the Kovalchuk and WD situation at the end of the game after Kovy just scored the game winner, you know it’s not just us fans that see this.
It's mind blowing that the Kings gave Kovalchuk everything he wanted to sign him, then they hire a coach who won't play him.

Steve Zissou

Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
This is the EXACT hit that the NHL has being trying to rid itself of the past 3-4 years.

Ya, sure, he's Erik f***ing Karlsson, but the dude deserves a suspension for this POS hit.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015

Seriously. How do Carter and Toffoli get a free pass for being the 2 worst players on the team, and still getting 2nd line duty, pp and pk duty. Phaneuf was the worst and these 2 next.
If the Kings scratched Carter and Toffoli, the Kings would go on to have a winning record and could make the playoffs. Seriously.

There are 31 NHL teams. That means there are 186 NHL top 6 forwards - whether or not they are quality top 6 forwards. There are 186. Carter and Toffoli are certainly
both 170-186th best top 6 forwards in the NHL. Can you list 15 worse ones? You could list 20 better 3rd line forwards. Tyler is horrible. At about the 10 min mark 1st period,
he was going for the puck and had the shark beat by 10-15 feet...and coasted in and let the shark take the puck! He was tentative a second time and would not
battle on the boards and let the shark take it - anyone else on the Kings (or Reign, probably) would have got those 2 pucks. He sucks. Can't skate, can't make plays,
can't score, not only can't win a battle - does not enter them!!! Scherbak is a much better player at the moment. and Carter...does nothing. He's beyond horrific. He's a nice guy and not a disgrace to humanity like WD, and he was great, but a shell of a shell of a shell of what he was. and he's NOT getting better. Trade or waive him.

Reactions: savemefromtears

Steve Zissou

Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Seriously. How do Carter and Toffoli get a free pass for being the 2 worst players on the team, and still getting 2nd line duty, pp and pk duty. Phaneuf was the worst and these 2 next.
If the Kings scratched Carter and Toffoli, the Kings would go on to have a winning record and could make the playoffs. Seriously.

At this point, I'd take Kovalchuk and Scherbek on the ice over Carter and Toffoli.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad