GDT: GM#36 LA Kings vs San Jose Sharks @1:00pm 12/22/18

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Seriously. How do Carter and Toffoli get a free pass for being the 2 worst players on the team, and still getting 2nd line duty, pp and pk duty. Phaneuf was the worst and these 2 next.
If the Kings scratched Carter and Toffoli, the Kings would go on to have a winning record and could make the playoffs. Seriously.

There are 31 NHL teams. That means there are 186 NHL top 6 forwards - whether or not they are quality top 6 forwards. There are 186. Carter and Toffoli are certainly
both 170-186th best top 6 forwards in the NHL. Can you list 15 worse ones? You could list 20 better 3rd line forwards. Tyler is horrible. At about the 10 min mark 1st period,
he was going for the puck and had the shark beat by 10-15 feet...and coasted in and let the shark take the puck! He was tentative a second time and would not
battle on the boards and let the shark take it - anyone else on the Kings (or Reign, probably) would have got those 2 pucks. He sucks. Can't skate, can't make plays,
can't score, not only can't win a battle - does not enter them!!! Scherbak is a much better player at the moment. and Carter...does nothing.

Not exactly what happened, if he had gone in like you wanted, and be first, he gets plastered, SJ ends up with the puck, by coasting in, yes, he let SJ get there, but he was also able to tie him up....

As far as can't make plays, I dont know what the hell you have been watching, but he's made some really nice moves to get to the middle and get shots off...your nuts thinking he can't make plays

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I take solace knowing the Sharks will not win a Cup this year or for years to come. They’re a much better team than the Kings are now, by at least we have two Cups to show for it.

Also, Kovalchuk still has it. Imagine this guy on the second line of a legit contender right now.
Let's hope Kovalchuk imagines the same thing.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
Not exactly what happened, if he had gone in like you wanted, and be first, he gets plastered, SJ ends up with the puck, by coasting in, yes, he let SJ get there, but he was also able to tie him up....

As far as can't make plays, I dont know what the hell you have been watching, but he's made some really nice moves to get to the middle and get shots off...your nuts thinking he can't make plays

No, if he skated hard, he would have taken the puck and evaded the defender, 5 feet before he got there. If Scherbak skated in there like that, he would never play again. Sick of the double standard.
I don't know what the hell you've been watching. Are you related to Stacia or Beckerman or someone like that?

No Tyler cannot make top 6 forward NHL plays....and he's averaging 18 minutes of TOI and has 0 goals in 18 games!!! 4 goals in 18 games would have been terrible.
He can't skate, can;t make plays, can't score, can't battle, can't do anything to help the Kings win, NOTHING. Has little to no hear either.

365813-84110000995.1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Those are good numbers? Better numbers have been waived.

On a pace for : 11 goals 18 assists, 29 points. -18 215 shots and 5.1 shooting %.
5.1% is like a moderately decent NHL defenseman shooting %. Martinez has a career avg 7.1% !! and only less than 5.1% once!
Tyler's a great player in your book, fine. He's a terrible NHL hockey player by most any standard, today, December 22nd, 2018. And he doesn't work hard or skate hard and
shows nothing. Snake bitten is not a legit excuse. It's for losers.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Toffoli and Carter have had issues, no doubt. But TT has been better in recent games and HAS scored but the hockey gods are still punishing him for some reason, taking that goal away haha. Even today he made some great plays.

All that shooting percentage tells me is that the dam is about to break for him soon. A sniper at less than half his normal shooting %? Carter's play right now kind of matches his shooting %; TT's doesn't.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
No, if he skated hard, he would have taken the puck and evaded the defender, 5 feet before he got there. If Scherbak skated in there like that, he would never play again. Sick of the double standard.
I don't know what the hell you've been watching. Are you related to Stacia or Beckerman or someone like that?

No Tyler cannot make top 6 forward NHL plays....and he's averaging 18 minutes of TOI and has 0 goals in 18 games!!! 4 goals in 18 games would have been terrible.
He can't skate, can;t make plays, can't score, can't battle, can't do anything to help the Kings win, NOTHING. Has little to no hear either.

365813-84110000995.1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

On a pace for : 11 goals 18 assists, 29 points. -18 215 shots and 5.1 shooting %.
5.1% is like a moderately decent NHL defenseman shooting %. Martinez has a career avg 7.1% !! and only less than 5.1% once!
Tyler's a great player in your book, fine. He's a terrible NHL hockey player by most any standard, today, December 22nd, 2018. And he doesn't work hard or skate hard and
My guess is Beckerman's nephew.

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
My ass :laugh:

You just suppressed your unhinged rants for a year because he didn't give you an opening and now the dam has burst. All you could muster through an MVP-caliber season was silence, you sure weren't happy about his success.

You're right about him this year, but it's taken you 4+ years for his play to catch up to your criticism, so quit patting yourself on the back, it's embarrassing.
There's not anyone here that can really disagree with this assessment besides the man himself.

Last edited:

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

365813-84110000995.1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Lol evaded the sj defender thanks for the laugh, and all you are doing by bringing up shooting percentage is proving my point.

Try actually watching the games vs just looking at the box score

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
and Carter...does nothing. He's beyond horrific. He's a nice guy and not a disgrace to humanity like WD, and he was great, but a shell of a shell of a shell of what he was. and he's NOT getting better. Trade or waive him.

If he's that bad, why would someone want him? This guy sucks, trade him! Never makes sense. And they're not sending him to Ontario. Playing him 5 minutes every game is about the best you can do, unless he's in the press box.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Softest team in Kings history.

Winners rally around each other. Losers just collect their game check and allow their teammates to get KO'd with no retribution.

Last season, that wouldn't have been okay. This year? Back to 2017 when it was okay to let a teenager elbow Doughty in the face.

GBH: You can't lay the foundation of your contrarian takes on "I played hockey" and then honestly say "oh...should he take an instigator???" Might be your worst post ever.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If he's that bad, why would someone want him? This guy sucks, trade him! Never makes sense. And they're not sending him to Ontario. Playing him 5 minutes every game is about the best you can do, unless he's in the press box.

You see the flipside of this on the trade forum, though, where people want your players for their trash, then shittalk said player when they can't get Muzzin for a 3rd liner and a 2020 3rd round pick.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Winners rally around each other. Losers just collect their game check and allow their teammates to get KO'd with no retribution.

Last season, that wouldn't have been okay. This year? Back to 2017 when it was okay to let a teenager elbow Doughty in the face.

GBH: You can't lay the foundation of your contrarian takes on "I played hockey" and then honestly say "oh...should he take an instigator???" Might be your worst post ever.

Again, Luff went after him Dillon stepped in before he got to him, did you want Luff to fight Dillon to show up Karlsson?

First of all, the hit itself, looked bad but on replay it wasnt as bad as it looked he got a lot of shoulder, yes he also got head but there have been a lot worse.

Second, these guys are professionals, they understand that winning the game comes first, but I get it you want to see some fighting just to see fighting....ok I guess...

member 88115

I’m so ready for a rebuilt or retool. No one stands up for each other. We are in last place. And we still care about taking a instigater penalty?

At least the kids in Ontario get it. They did a great job standing up for one another and themselves.

member 88115

Again, Luff went after him Dillon stepped in before he got to him, did you want Luff to fight Dillon to show up Karlsson?

First of all, the hit itself, looked bad but on replay it wasnt as bad as it looked he got a lot of shoulder, yes he also got head but there have been a lot worse.

Second, these guys are professionals, they understand that winning the game comes first, but I get it you want to see some fighting just to see fighting....ok I guess...
You should know better, the whole team should of been trying to get to Karlsson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad