Post-Game Talk: [GM 31] Canucks lose to Blues | 1-5 | Mikheyev

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Unfortunately Petey is coming back soon which might net us a few more goals per game. We need to kidnap him nicely and lock him up on a resort until the draft

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
I approve of this losing. It looks good on the lazy players, it shows that Boudreau could be replaced by a cardboard cutout, but most of all it looks good on the hopelessly inept management.

Watching how badly these clowns lose the upcoming trades, is gonna be something.

Edit: Get Low, Aquillini.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Myers is big and can shoot the puck hard

(lowkey agree that Hughes needs to be in a lesser role on a true contending team, but I don't think that's a hot take)
Exactly hes a 2nd pair good passer with a beast partner

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Probably Buttmans zebras making his shots so bad f***ing buttman hates Canadians freedom hating buttman
Hated buttman from time he went on hnic during lockout telling fans he wasnt responsible for players walking out when he locked them out .
Shove 1000 dollar yankee bills up his ass get anything you want hes a f***in money scam weasel hockey means f*** to him

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
well that team went 0-10-0 early.

it can be worse. not much worse, but worse.
I could see this team completely checking out (more than they already have) once they move bodies out. Nothing on the farm to call up to provide a boost so I think we may see a long losing streak in March and April. Demko and Petey are the only two road blocks to prevent it and who knows how healthy they will be.

Hopefully we ride Martin like Sabres or Coyotes would ride bad goalies in the McDavid/Matthews drafts.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore

The pro Benning crowd was still talking about Gillis after Benning was fired last year in his 8th year as GM but sure, have some faux outrage about talking about Benning when 95% of the team is Benning's and the empty prospect pool is Benning's and the bleak hopeless expanse in front of us was 95% created by Benning's transactions.
It's kind of like pro wrestling in a way. You can root for the baby face and boo the heel or you can flip it around and go the other way. I was here for around ten years talking about Mr Aquilini but found I never really got any traction with that.

Reactions: me2 and M2Beezy

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Stating my frustration with the death cult isn't baiting likes. I'm sorry that nuance confuses you mate, I really am. I can't imagine how frustrating and confusing it must make life feel.

People saying Benning did a poor job was never my problem. It was the non-sourced nonsense like, "DAE LMAO Judd Bracket had to fist fight BANNIGN to take Pettersson?"

Or "wE cOuLd hAvE hAd 9th oVeRaLl iN 2015 fOr MiLlEr" because of 1 unsourced blog post.

It was also the discrediting of the few things he did that were good. Like taking Pettersson, Hughes, Demko. The lack of humility. Like when we dealt Vanek and got Motte back, the boards were up in arms "he should have gotten back a 5th instead of some nobody". I disagreed because I actually watch other teams play and was familiar with Motte.

I was called 'bannign bro'. Then everyone loved Motte, but no humility to admit they were wrong.

But this is rehashing an old argument. I'll leave it here.

At the end of the day, we're all frustrated fans of a bad team with no direction, and we're taking it out on each other.
This is such nonsense. Generally speaking, when Benning did a good, which of course did happen a few times over the eight years of hell, he was given credit. Motte situation was about the only time people freaked out because they wanted picks. When Motte played well, he was lauded, but Benning didn't get much credit for the pickup. That's like one of the only times Benning did well without getting plaudits.

Just look at how you've written your examples and reflect on them please. There's no reality there at all and trying to put yourself after the fact as someone unhappy with Benning is so incredibly weak given we've all read your posts. The fact you want to pretend you're bringing some balance to the equation speaks volumes to what you think of yourself.

Oh yeah, that's right. You're the guy with all the hockey experience.

Never mind.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
It's kind of like pro wrestling in a way. You can root for the baby face and boo the heel or you can flip it around and go the other way. I was here for around ten years talking about Mr Aquilini but found I never really got any traction with that.
Both are fair game. Aqua is a Benning tier owner and clearly the number 1 problem plaguing this franchise now but a competent GM taking the reigns after the 2018 season could probably have spun this team into a contender eventually despite the Aqua handicap. Meanwhile Benning's last year alone destroyed the following 3-4 years of this team.

Reactions: quat

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Was never a chance after the Miller contract.
Trade smurf 43 and Boeser enough cap

I approve of this losing. It looks good on the lazy players, it shows that Boudreau could be replaced by a cardboard cutout, but most of all it looks good on the hopelessly inept management.

Watching how badly these clowns lose the upcoming trades, is gonna be something.

Edit: Get Low, Aquillini.
Tell Hughes his napa covid bimbos are watching maybe hed shoot lol

Reactions: Ghetty Green

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Wheels are coming off. Canucks are bunch of disassociated parts looking for a team while the likes of St. Louis is a team with parts coming together to create a whole. Canucks tried to integrate a bunch of new players into the lineup this year and that's process always takes time. Result is that it is very easy for a good team to break them down. Team right now is a worse team than last year and that last year's team was far from good.

Good

Mikheyev - gave it a full effort and was clearly a our best forward. However, he was doing it on his own which was an illustration of how fragmented the team is.

Myers - was our best defenseman. Trouble is he is rushing around trying to fill holes. Actually did that a lot in this game as well create some offense.

Bad

Martin - lost his net way too often. Has always been aggressive in his play this year and this has worked at times. However, that created the danger that you are not coming out on the right angle and if don't do this at this level you are going to get lit up - and in this game he was.

Studnicka - really just one of a number of bottom liners who very marginal NHL players. Canucks can get little to no offense out the bottom end b/c they are not good enough. None, including Lazar do more than run around trying to keep out of trouble. Dries, Pederson, Studnicka, etc are AHL players. Aman and Lazar are very little above this. That's too many low caliber players.

Burroughs - couldn't handle the Blues forwards. Pushed right back in his zone and just chasing the play

OEL - looks to be giving up. Another who gave up lots of room in his end

Schenn - one of his worst games. Couldn't keep up with how players like Thomas and Kyrou were moving the puck around. Poor defensive play by centers didn't help either.

At this point the only reasonable or sane approach, at this point, is to tank and to do that with extreme gusto. However, watching Rutherford and Allvin and the girls looking all shell shocked in the back of the stands, doesn't give you much confidence a that even that will lead anywhere.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I actually feel embarrassed watching this
I stopped watching 5 minutes in the 2nd while it was still 0-0 and went to the gym and i am so glad that I did.

This team is a loser.

I'm not a loser.

I feel myself very clearly disassociating from this garbage team.

Reactions: quat

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
I stopped watching 5 minutes in the 2nd while it was still 0-0 and went to the gym and i am so glad that I did.

This team is a loser.

I'm not a loser.

I feel myself very clearly disassociating from this garbage team.
Like what gym were you in in 1971 lol soft excuse
Teasin but some have been through worse have bigger balls than Hughes but be mad as f*** )

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Wheels are coming off. Canucks are bunch of disassociated parts looking for a team while the likes of St. Louis is a team with parts coming together to create a whole. Canucks tried to integrate a bunch of new players into the lineup this year and that's process always takes time. Result is that it is very easy for a good team to break them down. Team right now is a worse team than last year and that last year's team was far from good.

Good

Mikheyev - gave it a full effort and was clearly a our best forward. However, he was doing it on his own which was an illustration of how fragmented the team is.

Myers - was our best defenseman. Trouble is he is rushing around trying to fill holes. Actually did that a lot in this game as well create some offense.

Bad

Martin - lost his net way too often. Has always been aggressive in his play this year and this has worked at times. However, that created the danger that you are not coming out on the right angle and if don't do this at this level you are going to get lit up - and in this game he was.

Studnicka - really just one of a number of bottom liners who very marginal NHL players. Canucks can get little to no offense out the bottom end b/c they are not good enough. None, including Lazar do more than run around trying to keep out of trouble. Dries, Pederson, Studnicka, etc are AHL players. Aman and Lazar are very little above this. That's too many low caliber players.

Burroughs - couldn't handle the Blues forwards. Pushed right back in his zone and just chasing the play

OEL - looks to be giving up. Another who gave up lots of room in his end

Schenn - one of his worst games. Couldn't keep up with how players like Thomas and Kyrou were moving the puck around. Poor defensive play by centers didn't help either.

At this point the only reasonable or sane approach, at this point, is to tank and to do that with extreme gusto. However, watching Rutherford and Allvin and the girls looking all shell shocked in the back of the stands, doesn't give you much confidence a that even that will lead anywhere.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they traded a bunch of picks for another bottom 6 d-man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad