The curse of Troy
cut.jpg

Reactions: canucksfan

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC

We even broke the robotic canned answer master Horvat

Theres no CHANCE he’s re-signing here

Trade Hughes and Boeser get some d who.play big and picks end timbits d joke.and start things moving right way

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Mr Aquilini is still sitting on this year's first and second round picks as well as next season's first.

I'm expecting some big moves if things don't change pretty soon.

Who gives a shit. Canucks are worth 1 BILLION dollars and have won f*** all. He’s laughing. Who cares about the product.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
But how about but how about thats no answer Hughes cant win as the guy will never win as the guy oel meyers deserve their own criticism but Hughes got 8 million to pad stats and lose lots his d is worse than those 2 and hes soft at least they hit ffs
I agreed with you already that Hughes is relied on too heavily here lol. Disagree that he's any worse than those 2 defensively.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Imagine saying this when you go to the main boards and bait likes by saying (paraphrasing) “hfvan is full of sadistic benning haters” for like eight years now lol

those in glass houses etc
Stating my frustration with the death cult isn't baiting likes. I'm sorry that nuance confuses you mate, I really am. I can't imagine how frustrating and confusing it must make life feel.

People saying Benning did a poor job was never my problem. It was the non-sourced nonsense like, "DAE LMAO Judd Bracket had to fist fight BANNIGN to take Pettersson?"

Or "wE cOuLd hAvE hAd 9th oVeRaLl iN 2015 fOr MiLlEr" because of 1 unsourced blog post.

It was also the discrediting of the few things he did that were good. Like taking Pettersson, Hughes, Demko. The lack of humility. Like when we dealt Vanek and got Motte back, the boards were up in arms "he should have gotten back a 5th instead of some nobody". I disagreed because I actually watch other teams play and was familiar with Motte.

I was called 'bannign bro'. Then everyone loved Motte, but no humility to admit they were wrong.

But this is rehashing an old argument. I'll leave it here.

At the end of the day, we're all frustrated fans of a bad team with no direction, and we're taking it out on each other.

Reactions: Flik and Indiana

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Stating my frustration with the death cult isn't baiting likes. I'm sorry that nuance confuses you mate, I really am. I can't imagine how frustrating and confusing it must make life feel.

People saying Benning did a poor job was never my problem. It was the non-sourced nonsense like, "DAE LMAO Judd Bracket had to fist fight BANNIGN to take Pettersson?"

Or "wE cOuLd hAvE hAd 9th oVeRaLl iN 2015 fOr MiLlEr" because of 1 unsourced blog post.

It was also the discrediting of the few things he did that were good. Like taking Pettersson, Hughes, Demko. The lack of humility. Like when we dealt Vanek and got Motte back, the boards were up in arms "he should have gotten back a 5th instead of some nobody". I disagreed because I actually watch other teams play and was familiar with Motte.

I was called 'bannign bro'. Then everyone loved Motte, but no humility to admit they were wrong.

At the end of the day, we're all frustrated fans of a bad team with no direction, and we're taking it out on each other.
Are you guys still arguing about Benning?

This place , you gotta love it ;)

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
these last few home games have been so bad i just looked at how the 97-98 season unfolded.

on dec 20 the 6 games below .500 hawks beat the canucks 5-0.

they would proceed to go 0-5-2 in the next stretch including an 8-0 loss to philly on new year's eve.

so it can get marginally worse than this.
Just means our 0-5-2 was early.

Reactions: Indiana

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

sorry did not read

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Edit: No need to lurk in the weeds over re-litigating the Benning mess.

We're all extremely frustrated with the team and taking it out on each other. Let's leave it there.

Reactions: Indiana

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
I agreed with you already that Hughes is relied on too heavily here lol. Disagree that he's any worse than those 2 defensively.
Hes lazy and soft at times on d side not always but should be never cant win giving up on plays and not one nhl forward fears him its not size its lack of f*** you ill hurt you anyway which dmen at nhl need maybe with speed or smarts or just a bit of sneaky nasty he has none of that so trade his ass out let another team see him rack up.assists and win shit

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
This isn't being talked about enough. A team planning to rebuild or hit the reset button this core doesn't extend Miller and then try to extend Bo as recently as last week.

The re-tool on the fly circus will continue.
Mr Aquilini doesn't do rebuilds, he isn't into that. He's not really interested in the future, he is a man very much living in the here and now.

He is a man of action.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Are you guys still arguing about Benning?

This place , you gotta love it ;)
The pro Benning crowd was still talking about Gillis after Benning was fired last year in his 8th year as GM but sure, have some faux outrage about talking about Benning when 95% of the team is Benning's and the empty prospect pool is Benning's and the bleak hopeless expanse in front of us was 95% created by Benning's transactions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad