Post-Game Talk: GM 3 | Flames def. Canucks - 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Both teams will be amped up tonight, trying to make up for their sub par last outings...Cant get JT Miller back in the lineup soon enough, a big wheel on the top line...The Canucks top 6 was underwhelming last game against the Oilers..

It will be interesting to see how these teams match up, after their off season makeovers.

Last edited:

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
I think this is roughly the plan. Just my two cents.

I honestly think it makes a lot of sense as well. I feel like Holtby might be the "go-to" if Green really had to choose, but with such a condensed schedule and so many back-to-backs they need to split the goaltending significantly just out of necessity. Ensuring we had two very capable netminders was pretty shrewd when a lot of people were calling for a cheap backup for Demko as an option.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
$6m on a 3rd pairing D.

Huh, who could have seen that coming.

On a completely unrelated note, how mich is Stecher making in Detroit?

Not to be an ass, but using the listed pairings, why would we neglect to note the $2.1 million 1st pairing in complaining about Meyers contract on the 3rd pair??

Reactions: Catamarca Livin

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
If Eriksson dresses, I’m willing to bet money the odd man out is either Virtanen or MacEwen.

I was to say the same thing.

The hate for Erikkson around here is comical.

Don't get me wrong, I wish we didn't have him, but to continuously make him out to be worse than he is because of his contract is just.. odd. Pretend he's a call up from the Comets. (If Bailey came out and had his performance, everyone would be losing their minds for him to be a fixture in the bottom six)

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Stecher is off to a rough start and may be in the press box soon
You watched Detroit’s only game and came to that conclusion?

I bet you didn’t even watch the highlights. Classic case of trash the dude who left.

lame.

Reactions: rypper

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I was to say the same thing.

The hate for Erikkson around here is comical.

Don't get me wrong, I wish we didn't have him, but to continuously make him out to be worse than he is because of his contract is just.. odd. Pretend he's a call up from the Comets. (If Bailey came out and had his performance, everyone would be losing their minds for him to be a fixture in the bottom six)

I think it's partially the contract, and partially the fact that he plays an extremely low energy and "slow" style of hockey, which often gets misconstrued as a "lack of effort".

Reactions: Ginger Papa

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I think it's partially the contract, and partially the fact that he plays an extremely low energy and "slow" style of hockey, which often gets misconstrued as a "lack of effort".

I'll add that it seems like his default move when an odd man rush develops is to dump it in and go for a change. Somehow a guy who scored 30 has lost all his offensive instinct.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Vey.

Chaput.

Megna.

Motte.

No matter who our coach, as Canucks fans we are fated to suffer

It is our density.
C0DE4064-D417-435E-AE38-F801BC94ED18.gif

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Just f***ing play Myers 21+ minutes a night with Hughes to elevate his trade value so we can find a sucker for him in the off season.

We aren’t winning shit this season anyways

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam

very true..

gaudette would be the opposite end of the spectrum

he's more exciting, and hustles, but man, he gets out of position at times. (he's getting better)

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
It's fascinating how the Gaudette line is always listed - by everyone - as the '3rd line' and the Beagle line as the '4th line' when ice time and usage tells us very clearly that Beagle's line is the 3rd line and Gaudette's the 4th.
Yes, this needs to change. With Beagle on the pk and dzone use he played 15 plus minutes. That is way too much for his level. Surely Gaudette can learn to stand 15 feet in front of goalie and act like a goalie while his teammates retrieve the puck.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
I'll add that it seems like his default move when an odd man rush develops is to dump it in and go for a change. Somehow a guy who scored 30 has lost all his offensive instinct.

yea man. one would have figured he would have clicked with the sedins being he's opportunistic and *had good offensive instincts. i would have that guy watching tape of himself for hours.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
You watched Detroit’s only game and came to that conclusion?

I bet you didn’t even watch the highlights. Classic case of trash the dude who left.

lame.
Not at all. I’ve always hated stecher and my opinion has nothing to do with him leaving. The minute Hutton left stecher because my least favourite canuck. I think he is weak, slow and soft and borderline useless. These boards have always had weird obsessions with some marginal NHL players. Biega, Hutton, Leivo, Stecher etc. All fringe NHL players that aren’t worth the time it took to write this post. Well obviously Loui is the worst Canuck but that goes without saying.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Not at all. I’ve always hated stecher and my opinion has nothing to do with him leaving. The minute Hutton left stecher because my least favourite canuck. I think he is weak, slow and soft and borderline useless. These boards have always had weird obsessions with some marginal NHL players. Biega, Hutton, Leivo, Stecher etc. All fringe NHL players that aren’t worth the time it took to write this post. Well obviously Loui is the worst Canuck but that goes without saying.
Stecher is a great kid and a local boy, who clearly loved playing for his local team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad