Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: January 16, 2021, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary, AB
TV: CBC, NHLN, SN, TVSA2
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

upload_2021-1-15_13-26-18.png

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed)

Boeser - Pettersson - Virtanen
Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander
Roussel - Gaudette - MacEwen
Motte - Beagle - Sutter

Edler - Schmidt
Hughes - Hamonic
Myers - Juolevi

Demko

The Canucks will be without JT Miller and Jordie Benn on this trip due to a rumoured potential COVID exposure.

Calgary Flames’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed):

Tkachuk - Lindholme - Dube
Gaudreau - Monahan - Leivo
Mangiapane - Backlund - Ryan
Lucic - Bennett - Nordstrom

Giordano - Andersson
Hanifin - Tanev
Valimaki - Nesterov

Markstrom

The Canucks' first game against former franchise staples Jacob Markstrom and Chris Tanev. Thanks for all the memories, boys - now please let us kick your ass!
1230590855.0.jpg

chris-tanev-flames.crop.png;w=960

Relax, have fun, and Go Canucks Go!​

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Extra motivation playing ex-teammates like Markstrom, Tanev and Leivo. At least that's what you'd think.

But have a gut feeling we might be looking at a 'shutout game' and it won't be Holtby with the goose-egg.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Why did I used to love the early 90s Flames jerseys and hate these new ones? It's a different colour red isn't it?

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Not sure on this one. Hope a hungry team comes out. Don’t care who wins but would love to see the high end scoring chances given up in the last 2 games shored up. Should have lost both games based on that.

man, sucks to see Juolevi and JV such high picks and very very meh.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Just a hunch but i'm pretty sure Green is going back to Holtby here.

I feel 99% certain Holtby is getting the start here.

My hope - the Canucks will be fired up after being thoroughly outclassed by Connor McDavid in their last game. For as much as went right in Game 1, it all went pretty horribly wrong in Game 2. Green challenged the team by saying he didn't think they were prepared, so hopefully they come out harder here with the added motivation of playing some former teammates.

My fear - Markstrom goes full-God mode and slams the door on the Canucks. We certainly know he's capable of it.

Going to be an interesting and emotional matchup, either way.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
“Well Demer let in 5 so we feel more comfortable going back to Holtby” :rolleyes:

Five goals or not, Demko had a strong game.

But I think 1) the Canucks are going to rotate their goalies as much as possible, and 2) Holtby has an extra's day's rest - and Demko faced 45+ shots. With this condensed schedule, if you can rotate your goalies, you should.

IMO.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I think Calgary burns us this game, we need JT and they're going to be on from a tough loss to the Peg.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
What about trying Baertschi in a top six LW spot while Miller is out? He did it before. And other than Pearson we don’t have a single other LW right now with any semblance of offensive instincts.

edit: lol or Eriksson...

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I'm just holding on to the hope that this doesn't actually mean Eriksson is getting into the lineup.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
loui would be a steady the troops move. with miller out and after seeing virtanen struggle just to play his position i cannot argue with it.

this.

loui is terrible v his contract, but 2x more defensively reliable than half our forwards

(imo i think this teams biggest weakness has been defensive capable forwards. in need of hansens, malholtras, keslers. we can boost the d all day, but if no one in our forward couple can handle big assignments, they'll always look bad)

Reactions: krutovsdonut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->