Post-Game Talk: GM 3 | Flames def. Canucks - 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Cap Friendly is listing Bailey as having been moved to the NHL from the taxi squad, in its 'transactions' column. Surely if they're looking for more energy and a little faster lineup against the Flames, Bailey is their guy instead of Eriksson.

But then at times Green is more of a 'Groundhog Day' coach than Willie Desjardins was, so who knows?

Reactions: mossey3535

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I agree. This might just be cap gymnastics, but if the Canucks are thinking of inserting a forward, Bailey has been a good soldier whose play merits a look.

And to throw something else out there, unlike prior seasons if a player like Loui is sent to the AHL or taxi squad this season he won’t pocket more money by avoiding escrow.

Players on 1-way contracts in the AHL or taxi squad this season have their pay treated very similarly to they would in the NHL. The player has 10% deferred to a future season, and then their remaining pay is cut by 20%.

That pay cut of 20% doesn’t go into escrow, but for the player it works out the same as if they were paying 20% into escrow that the players on the NHL roster are doing.

Again, this change is only in place for 2020-21.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Green is just throwing a temper tantrum, after Clark wouldn't let him troll HFCanucks by starting Holtby in the b2b. So he'll troll us by demoting Hogs and inserting Loui.

Mark my words, Green will cost Hogs the Calder just like he did with Hughes.

Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Eriksson was slow as hell last season and in the post-season. From all accounts, he was barely able to keep up in scrimmages.

The league has gotten faster. Adding Eriksson to the slugs we have in Beagle, Pearson, Sutter and Roussel seems like a recipe for disaster.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
If miller was a false positive why isnt he playing vs Cal?

From what I've gathered on Twitter, because Benn is a probable positive case, and Miller is a close contact he either sits out for a week as per NHL rules or 2 weeks as per BC health rules.

So a week from them sitting out is the start of a home stretch so I suspect he'll sit out for 2 weeks, as per BC health rules.

(I might be way off correct me if I'm wrong.)

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Green is just throwing a temper tantrum, after Clark wouldn't let him troll HFCanucks by starting Holtby in the b2b. So he'll troll us by demoting Hogs and inserting Loui.

Mark my words, Green will cost Hogs the Calder just like he did with Hughes.
Hogs has no shot at the Calder barring an injury to Laf and even Kaprizov

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
the powerplay needs to be better. more shooting less passing. vancouver forwards should know markys weakspots.. unless he goes absolutey godmode. its gonna be a close game 3-2 for either team. petey gets on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad