Post-Game Talk: GM 3 Caps vs Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
Why did Ovi and Svechnikov fight for anyways? I missed it due to school functions. I agree, the two days off is great because they have some momentum and it will kill it a little bit, we come out and take game 4, and we're taking game 5. I don't think anyone called sweep, but getting outshot 4:1 in any game is concerning. I'm not panicking yet, but if we lose Thursday, may need to sound the sirens.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Rod the Bod enters the locker room next game:

"Good news guys, we're wearing the red jerseys tonight, and look,
302-Little-Giants-quotes.gif
"

Svech:

giphy.gif

Reactions: RandyHolt and Heath

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Oh **** off Rod. Ovi’s not a fighter. He didn’t set out to have that happen.
Exactly. People are acting like Ovie is a practiced assassin. He himself has little experience with fighting and was Probably as surprised as everyone else when he landed a KO punch.

Do both guys need to drop the gloves at the exact same instant, Rod?

And didn’t the kid actually throw the first punch once they started grappling?

The whole thing sucked, and I don’t think Ovie was particularly excited about how it turned out either. More importantly, I hope to hell we straighten out our game and show up Thursday ready to compete like defending champions. That would be swell.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
that was f***ing horrible.
stopped skating after the fight.
if you skate hard they cant just surround and pressure you.

hope thats out of the system. spewing it happened on my bday. ugh.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Orlov - Carlson is bad pairing. It doesn’t play to either guy’s strengths. It may be the only solution but I think it only serves to undermine the one reliable pairing they have right now.

Yea, 9 74 is a terrible idea. That forces Carlson on the ice for every important shift. No.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think its funny also that the Canes top 6 had done bumpkus in the first 2 games and the defense sucks. Its typical for this board to go off the ledge at the sight of a lost game but its always interesting to see it happen. It was a weird night. I looked up and saw the kind layed out and Ov going to the box the the bench tapping sticks and I went....huh??? What the.....I barely watched it. I got home. Perspective. I was alive and at home with a couple ribeyes on the grill.

Carolina got a game but is that kid gonna play anymore? What happened to Ferland?

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I think its funny also that the Canes top 6 had done bumpkus in the first 2 games and the defense sucks. Its typical for this board to go off the ledge at the sight of a lost game but its always interesting to see it happen. It was a weird night. I looked up and saw the kind layed out and Ov going to the box the the bench tapping sticks and I went....huh??? What the.....I barely watched it. I got home. Perspective. I was alive and at home with a couple ribeyes on the grill.

Carolina got a game but is that kid gonna play anymore? What happened to Ferland?
Ferland tried to hit Willy and took the impact right in the chest. Broken rib maybe?

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I know I was shocked and felt awful for the kid, I have to believe ovie felt really bad too.

That kid had 62 penalty minutes in his rookie season. By old times standards that's not much, but by today's it's enough for him to be top 50 in the league.
I don't feel bad for him at all. This isn't some Lady Byng candidate whose gloves accidentally fell off. I don't even like fighting, but the kid was a willing participant and those are the consequences.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Brindamour was one of my fav players back in the day, but now he can **** right off.

What do you expect the coach to say? Brindy played 20 years, part of that in the heyday of fighting, he knows the drill.

He knows the kid bit off more than he could chew, but he isn’t going to air that out to the world.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
What do you expect the coach to say? Brindy played 20 years, part of that in the heyday of fighting, he knows the drill.

He knows the kid bit off more than he could chew, but he isn’t going to air that out to the world.
Oh come on. Sure he didn't have to say Svech is a dumbass, but "Ovie's gave came off way before"? That's weak and laughable.

Reactions: Heath
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad